Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

What do you guys do when it rains. Is there anything on the market to protect van and machine when it rains. Fed up of van wet inside when it rains.

CleanerCarpets

There are things available - depends on what van you have and are you coming out the rear or side door?

CleanerCarpets

there are lots of these available for different vans if you come out the back door with the TM - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-TRANSIT-CUSTOM-VAN-2012-17-REAR-DOORS-AWNING-COVER-/152654037542?hash=item238ae3c226:g:GLUAAOSwo0JWHl6H

problem is the TM will normally exit the side door - you can get van awnings like this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Van-Guard-Renault-Trafic-Vauxhall-2-Ulti-Roof-Bars-With-Pull-Out-Awning-2M-X-2M-/391668554673?epid=1571586674&hash=item5b3143dbb1:g:hdIAAOSwopRYbPR7 but they are not cheap, may not give loads of protection and be difficult to always get the space to put it up. Might give you food for thought though and knock something up yourself

edward coller

hi great suggestion, I have a side opening t/m and in bad weather position side away from worst and wear a waterproof, not had a complication(yet) with water onto machine. fortunate to have a lift tailgate which provides shelter when packing hoses away. Simon shelters

Mike Halliday

Vent the exhaust through the floor and you can close the door almost, I saw some snazzy fitting in the States  to connect the solution line & vac hose onto the side of the van then shut the door completely
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

JandS

What about some of those clear plastic slats that hang down over large entrances in warehouses....the ones that keep out the weather but allow fork lifts to drive through and close up behind them.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

Thanks for comments guys. Am looking into taking exhaust through floor then can close door up some.

mark shannon

Wouldn't worry about it just get on with your day heat from TM soon drys everything out.

Steve Chapman

The exhaust from mine goes through the floor so you can nearly close the door when it rains, although its good to have some air flow otherise its like a sauna in there when you're finished, plus there will still be fumes from the machine.......

Richard Meads

I agree with Mark, I don't worry about it, if it rains it soon drys out just like if you have a hose go.  It's best if you don't have a  ply bed liner that can soak up water.   :)

Dave_Lee

Mine gets wet, even more so at the moment as the header tank keeps overflowing due a knacked ball cock valve. I don't bother as the inside is waterproofed. I just suck up the excess with the wand.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

COLIN BRIGHT

same as, dont worry about it, the heat will soon evaporate the water, and a towel will mop up the rest