Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Og

Re: still no joy with this tank
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2017, 08:28:42 pm »
why dont you just man up and do it yourself?

can you not operate a drill?  do you know how to use a spanner?

my 4 old son can operate a drill and use a spanner! Does that mean he could safely install something that weighs around 700k when full into a vehicle?  Exercising caution doesnt make me any less of a man you..........

Why dont you iust grow up?

What a daft thing to say....

all a garage or anyone else is going to do is drill holes and put some bolts in with thick washers, at least m8 or even m10 size

and you cant do that because? 

I am grown up in fact, so grown up that I can drill holes and insert a bolt, then tighten it up after.

I agree.

But not everyone these days are "proper men" in this regard. Its died out, Im old school and was brought up watching my dad do every d.I.y task imaginable from concreting to building a house extension etc you name it he did it himself.  Personally there's not much  I won't attempt to d.I.y, none of its rocket science just takes common sense and a bit of nouse.

There are so called "men" these days that can't even put up a shelf, it must be embarrassing for their partners when they tell there friends my husband had to call someone in to fix that broken fence panel etc. 

But that's the way society is, women taking more powerful positions and men becoming more feminine.

It used to be women cooked and cleaned and men fixed things and we're manly, these days the boundary have crossed over.

Nowadays you have big a big Jesse who can't bolt a tank it

Lol no offence but it's kinda true  ;D

But you won't canvass?

Frankybadboy

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2017, 09:22:56 pm »
my new van went into a jaugar main dealer to have the tank fitted  ;D ;D ;D ;D

true story

on a bank hols mind you and me mate a head mechanic,took two of us 90minutes to fit a 650 tank in steel frame

brilliant with the air tools and using the ramps,yes we had to drop the tank part of the way down but its only 4-6 bolts

my first van i done on me own and no problems,

robbo333

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2017, 09:32:04 pm »
Paul get your brother in law to do it. Offer him a days free labour in exchange for his services.
If you can't do it yourself then hopefully your brother in law will do the best job for you.
I've done mine and my Son in law's Brodex 500 system that he wanted 'moving to the rear of his van'!
You already said you don't feel comfortable doing it and good for you. It's easy to drill through a petrol tank or brake line without knowing it. Know your limitations.
I am disappointed that people will slag you off for not fitting your own tank.
"Real Men, Real Men, Real Men"
Real Men will realise that this guy is just trying to do his best and would help him out.
I think this is the worst thread i've read in ages.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

paul alan

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2017, 09:37:16 pm »

my 4 old son can operate a drill and use a spanner! Does that mean he could safely install something that weighs around 700k when full into a vehicle?  Exercising caution doesnt make me any less of a man you..........

all a garage or anyone else is going to do is drill holes and put some bolts in with thick washers, at least m8 or even m10 size

I am grown up in fact, so grown up that I can drill holes and insert a bolt, then tighten it up after.

I agree.

But not everyone these days are "proper men" in this regard. Its died out, Im old school and was brought up watching my dad do every d.I.y task imaginable from concreting to building a house extension etc you name it he did it himself.  Personally there's not much  I won't attempt to d.I.y, none of its rocket science just takes common sense and a bit of nouse.

There are so called "men" these days that can't even put up a shelf, it must be embarrassing for their partners when they tell there friends my husband had to call someone in to fix that broken fence panel etc. 

But that's the way society is, women taking more powerful positions and men becoming more feminine.

It used to be women cooked and cleaned and men fixed things and we're manly, these days the boundary have crossed over.

I love the way you wired your pump in your youtube vid"just touch the wires together" l just admit your "diy" skils are awesome!
Just hope you dont do the wiring at home.

Your old van looks like a bombs hit it, and your "diy" skills realy shine out in your new van too. Nice bit of carpet on your plastic sheeting you've got there, very innovative.

The term"a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing" springs to mind with your"diy".

paul alan

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2017, 09:48:09 pm »
Paul get your brother in law to do it. Offer him a days free labour in exchange for his services.
If you can't do it yourself then hopefully your brother in law will do the best job for you.
I've done mine and my Son in law's Brodex 500 system that he wanted 'moving to the rear of his van'!
You already said you don't feel comfortable doing it and good for you. It's easy to drill through a petrol tank or brake line without knowing it. Know your limitations.
Real Men will realise that this guy is just trying to do his best and would help him out.
Cheers robbo!

Those that are slagging me off here l would "out-man" on any given day at any given time all at the same time too.
I used to live a very wreckless life but now l have children l take no chances with anything, cos its my duty to them to make sure they're dads around for them.

I dont want to bother my brother in law as hes just started his own business, l'm going to a local steel fabricators tomorrow who have experience with this kind of thing. Hopefuly will get it sorted there if not I'll try elsewhere till its done.

robbo333

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2017, 10:00:16 pm »
Cheers robbo!

Those that are slagging me off here l would "out-man" on any given day at any given time all at the same time too.
I used to live a very wreckless life but now l have children l take no chances with anything, cos its my duty to them to make sure they're dads around for them.

I dont want to bother my brother in law as hes just started his own business, l'm going to a local steel fabricators tomorrow who have experience with this kind of thing. Hopefuly will get it sorted there if not I'll try elsewhere till its done.

Paul, Daz has a point.
See if the fabricators can make four (or six welded brackets) that will connect your tank to the loading points on your van. So you can literally bolt your tank into the loading points on your van from above. I am no expert, but this seems a good idea. Also, look at baffling your tank (better). Put some irrigation hose (that has slits in it) into your tank. Look it up on here there is some quite good info. By baffling your tank BETTER it will make it safer and put less strain on your vehicle.
It's just my opinion but hopefully it may help.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

paul alan

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2017, 10:05:51 pm »
I already have irrigation pipe in the ibc thats currently in the van, that'll go straight in!

I cant picture how the angle iron idea will look, l will discuss it tomorrow as they can fabricate some there for me.

Cheers

Stoots

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2017, 10:37:57 pm »

I agree.

But you won't canvass?

No I don't like canvassing, but that's more to do with lazyness.   If op had said I can't be arsed fitting this tank then that's a different matter to not being able to.do it due to lack of manlyness

Stoots

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2017, 10:51:33 pm »

I agree.

Do everything yourself hey adam?

Thats why your paying someone else thousands to do your canvassing for you cos your scared to knock a door!

Then again if l looked like you l would probably never go outside.

Paul I think you've took this way too seriously,  it was a joke...

I'm paying for canvassing because I have a plan...i don't like door knocking though  that's true.

I mean Ive no idea who your profile pic is..I take it that's not you.

nathankaye

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2017, 11:44:22 pm »
Im feeling all girlie like now, confused as i dont know if I meet the criteria to be classed as a manly man any more!!??? ::)roll

Can someone clarify what the criteria is today, you see im not in the Army, navy or air force. Im not risking my life like the fire brigade nor saving lives as a DR or ambulance man. Im certainly no Navy Seal or SAS operative nor a member of NASA.

I am however a humble window cleaner, pressure washer and father of 4 biological kids and adopted father of 2 more. I make girlie voices to make my ickle baby girl laugh. I'ld do almost anything for my mrs and thats also eventually getting round to putting some shelves up for the kids.
I have a basic knowledge of diy and diy on van, was going to attempt changing my own brakes, watched enough mechanics do it on youtube and looks easy enough but im confused now if it makes me a big jessy cause i got the garage to do it just to make sure it was safe. Isnt this the same as not wanting to mess about with the fuel tank for that "just in case factor"!!

Come on guys!! (That is, if we are guys anymore  ??? ::)roll :o      im so confused right now))   hes going from using what alot of us consider unsafe, an ibc tank and using  a more suitable tank and cage and wants it fitted securely and safely. Wheres any credit given,,,,,or that manly thing i thought men do,,,,,,,,,what is it now.......oh I recall,,,,,yep helpful advice
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

TomCrowther

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2017, 11:36:18 am »
Nathan. you def don't meet the criteria. You need to put a tutu on and go and doodle in the corner :-)
Real, manly men don't wear gloves because they want rough hands and love a bit of dog poo. They fit their own tanks in their vans and if they drill through a brake line, no worries, they just press dead hard on the brake pedal because their manly calves are more like bulls.
They might smoke, vape and wear a nicotine patch all at the same time and you can't build a round using leaflets. That's poaching for god's sake!
Manly men buy a round and it doesn't matter if it's miles from home, they drive there in a manly kind of way.
Think Marlborough Man but with a squeegee.

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2017, 01:51:32 pm »
If I had to start buggering about dropping fuel tank and exhaust pipe to bolt a tank in , I'd take it to a garage too.
The amount of times I've laid under my street parked van in the gutter cursing rounded off or seized nuts n bolts, not having right tools and just getting thoroughly cheesed off to save a few quid. A piece of cake for a garage with a ramp and air tools and an hours work or so compared to near on a days worth of faff for me ............ my times more precious !
I hope you find somewhere reasonable, sounds like the places that have quoted so far have tried to milk what is a pretty simple and easy job. 

dazmond

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2017, 05:03:13 pm »
If I had to start buggering about dropping fuel tank and exhaust pipe to bolt a tank in , I'd take it to a garage too.
The amount of times I've laid under my street parked van in the gutter cursing rounded off or seized nuts n bolts, not having right tools and just getting thoroughly cheesed off to save a few quid. A piece of cake for a garage with a ramp and air tools and an hours work or so compared to near on a days worth of faff for me ............ my times more precious !
I hope you find somewhere reasonable, sounds like the places that have quoted so far have tried to milk what is a pretty simple and easy job.

ah some sense at last! ;D

experience is a great thing!hope you find a decent local garage too.mines worth it weight in gold.
price higher/work harder!

paul alan

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2017, 06:39:49 pm »
Thanks for sensible input guys, was starting to think l was back in the school playground for a mo there!

Been to steel fab place tonight and he can do the job on saturday morning £90 max he said.

How does this angle iron through the existing load points work? I may just ask him to do that as he can fab it for me there n then, sounds much easier but will it provide the same level of security as 6 eyebolts through the floor?

I actualy would prefer the angle iron setup as l wouldnt have to source eyebolts and the drilling wont be needed if lm thinking of it correctly. Can anyone describe exactly how this is done so l can make up my mind quickly, cos if not doing it that way l need to order some eyebolts asap.

Many thanks

dazmond

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2017, 06:51:56 pm »
Thanks for sensible input guys, was starting to think l was back in the school playground for a mo there!

Been to steel fab place tonight and he can do the job on saturday morning £90 max he said.

How does this angle iron through the existing load points work? I may just ask him to do that as he can fab it for me there n then, sounds much easier but will it provide the same level of security as 6 eyebolts through the floor?

I actualy would prefer the angle iron setup as l wouldnt have to source eyebolts and the drilling wont be needed if lm thinking of it correctly. Can anyone describe exactly how this is done so l can make up my mind quickly, cos if not doing it that way l need to order some eyebolts asap.

Many thanks

put your email up mate and ill send you a pic(they wont upload on here,too big) ;)

P @ F

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2017, 06:58:26 pm »
Angle iron or box section method is simply done by laying the lengths out in the van so they go over the bolt holes that are already there for the eyelets put in by the manufacturer , then you put the tank and frame on top , mark out where they meet , drill holes into frame and angle/box and bolt the lot together , or weld depending on the metals used , if stainless tank frame it will get pricey if you go the welding route .
Its a bit like i have done with my load eyes , i have just skipped the tank frame out and used 5 tonne straps for now .
I will get a couple of pics for you to see , it wont help you but it might give you the idea ! 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

paul alan

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2017, 06:59:20 pm »
Awesome!

Cheers daz, apreciate it.

Pnswindowcleaning@gmail.com

paul alan

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2017, 07:00:57 pm »
Angle iron or box section method is simply done by laying the lengths out in the van so they go over the bolt holes that are already there for the eyelets put in by the manufacturer , then you put the tank and frame on top , mark out where they meet , drill holes into frame and angle/box and bolt the lot together , or weld depending on the metals used , if stainless tank frame it will get pricey if you go the welding route .
Its a bit like i have done with my load eyes , i have just skipped the tank frame out and used 5 tonne straps for now .
I will get a couple of pics for you to see , it wont help you but it might give you the idea !
Thanks p@f

P @ F

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2017, 07:59:55 pm »
Here you go , this is front and back of the tank , the large stack washers are the original load eye mounting points .

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2017, 08:13:26 pm »
email sent paul. :)