This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sheil

WFP Techniques Correct way???
« on: June 12, 2006, 05:40:05 pm »
Hi All,

Recently got my self a wfp :D
But have come accross some difficulties ???

When out on my industrial rounds last week i noticed the water started to drip down the window and leave horrible dirty marks
the water in my tank was reading 0.00ppm also filtering through a di so was at maximum 0.00ppm on to window

could please please somone tell me the correct procedure to using a wfp from applying water to finishing off as have had no training
have gone at this blind using hints that i have picked up off here.

thank you all in advance

andy sheil :) ;)

Re: WFP Techniques Correct way???
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 06:14:25 pm »
Depending on what windows are going to be cleaned as there are lots of different ways to clean different windows.

Normally you would start at the top of the frame and then do the side frames.

Then you would scrub the glass.You then have to rinse the water off which you have just put onto the glass when you scrubbed.

If you havent rinsed after you will allways get runs,spots etc.

Rinsing the the biggest part of getting the end result on clean sparkling windows

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 06:17:45 pm »
Well let me start you off . I warn you I am self taught as well so this is just my way, others may disagree.

The real dirt is probably not on the window its on the frame. Since its impossible to clean just the glass as you would in trad you have to get all the muck off the frame first.
Worst of all is the top edge of the frame where dirt settles and on a first clean you may be disturbing years of accumulated filth.
Start at the top and make sure the frame has a good going over before you start on the glass.
Then do the glass. brush up and down all over several times like you were doing your teeth.

Then lift brush off the glass and play water onto the glass in a zig zag pattern from top to bottom to rinse off any dirt.

Depending on the style of frames you might be best to do all the frames first before doing any glass on a first clean.

Now hopefully, somebody who knows what he is talking about will take this thread over.

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 06:21:26 pm »
was the window a whole section of glass, or was it in sections, it sounds to me this was a first clean, are you scrubbing the frames thoroughly   before cleaning the glass,   if any dirt is still on the frames it will leave line marks on the glass when dried out,

sheil

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 06:56:26 pm »
thanks for this guys

yes the glass was in sections i think you all hit the nail on the head??
it was the first clean at this place, and by the sounds of it i didnt scrub the frames too well it seemed to be leaving runs down the window from the top of the frame!!! well i know for next time
thank you all for your help

andy

craig jwc

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 11:09:31 pm »
On 1st cleans i usually turn my water flow up to make sure i give a really good rince

Craig

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 11:12:48 pm »
RINSE , numbnuts Craig , goodnight , gonna call you tomorrow .

BYE BYE , JELLYFISH   :P
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

craig jwc

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 11:18:31 pm »
Blimey - don't say you've learn't how to save numbers on your phone.

You'll be telling me next you have learn't how to wfp properly  ;D ;D

Craig

jouk45

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 11:22:56 pm »
i think to many people have the attitude  wfp will  do all the work, i use a wallpaper pasting brush to clean  the dirt of  most window frames, yes you do have to use a ladder on first cleans, after that its plain sailing, well most of the time,the motto is dont take youir hands of the tools completly,

ronaldo

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 11:27:11 pm »
I do something similar to what Jouk just said, first cleans i just get the ladders out and use a nice damp cloth and wipe all the way round the frames and then just pole as normal, never had any problems doing it like this yet.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

jouk45

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 11:39:03 pm »
on first cleans,  preperation makes a good job, and less complaints,

Trevor Knight

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 07:33:14 am »
First Cleans are worth taking your time on, and as posted before, using ladders if required.

Wash the frames of all the building first, we use ladders to get sills up to standard by hand if they are bad.

Then go round the building again and clean the glass making sure a good rinse is applied.

It normally takes a lot longer but its better to do it this way than to go home and get the dreaded telephone call!!

Good luck !

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

sheil

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 10:27:15 am »
thanks everyone great help.

andy

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 12:01:15 pm »
Not too easy to use a ladder when you're cleaning four stories up though!!!   ???

I just take a lot longer over the first clean, washing the frames thoroughly.

No complaints as yet, but there's plenty of time!!!   ;)
Come and talk dirty to us!!!