This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tosh

Dopey b*******s
« on: August 02, 2017, 05:34:01 pm »
For a quarterly visit after submitting a poxy commercial quote, totalling £144.00, the reply came back with 'is that the annual cost or per visit?'
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

AuRavelling79

Re: Dopey b*******s
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 05:58:22 pm »
For a quarterly visit after submitting a poxy commercial quote, totalling £144.00, the reply came back with 'is that the annual cost or per visit?'

Well?
It's a game of three halves!

Slash

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 06:05:45 pm »
Are you going to tell us,the suspense is killing me ;D

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 06:29:19 pm »
Well, its per visit. I suppose not knowing how many windows are there you wouldn't know, but the woman did and she was thinking I might do them all 4 times a year for that money. Silly moo.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Dave Anderson

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 06:47:21 pm »
I do sometimes think that the 'shock' factor is not so much the actual price but the money they are going to pay a window cleaner...... Old perceptions and all that, not everyone of course but plenty people about still think we do this stuff for a few quid in the morning to get some tokens for the pub  ;)
The more I know the less I know I know ...

Jonny 87

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 10:43:38 pm »
I can beat that!

Someone from a large community hall emailed us asking for a quote to clean their windows quarterly. The property was set up with about 12 Windows along the front, and then a large wall of glass at the back that backed directly onto a river, which meant we had to lean over the river at an awkward angle to get it all cleaned, and a few veluxs, impossible to clean properly unless you had wfp equipment.

We emailed the quote back of £60 for a quarterly clean.

I gets an email back,  copy and pasted below ;

Good morning,
Thanks again for the Quote

Just to confirm that it is 4 x per year Cleaning of all windows,
including the section above the river, and the two velux, including
all frames and doors

Total price for year £60

Please proceed with the cleaning of the windows for village
hall..

Please contact myself with the invoice

Kind regards

You can guess what my reply was.
 ???
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

jk999

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 12:21:29 am »
20 odd years ago my local mac d's which was one of the first in area wanted me to clean their windows 6 days a week every weekwhich two days was ins and outs for 60 pounds a month .and netto round corner asked for windows ins plus outs i quoted 20 pounds in and out they said we can only pay 6 pounds i laughed at both and walked away

Simon Trapani

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 06:57:39 am »
20 odd years ago my local mac d's which was one of the first in area wanted me to clean their windows 6 days a week every weekwhich two days was ins and outs for 60 pounds a month .and netto round corner asked for windows ins plus outs i quoted 20 pounds in and out they said we can only pay 6 pounds i laughed at both and walked away

I had this happen to me at about the same time, 20 odd years ago. New M'cdonalds drive in,  6 days a week, in & out before 8am. I was thinking something like £15 a visit, they were currently paying something like a £15 a week lol. I told them it wasn't even worth me giving a price as we were so far apart. I still can't believe it to this day.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 07:23:37 am »
I had a similar thing with a nearby McDonald's.  They wanted 3x a week.  My quotation was per visit and they thought it was per week.  Glad we sorted that out before starting (I didn't).

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 07:47:08 am »

I had this happen to me at about the same time, 20 odd years ago. New M'cdonalds drive in,  6 days a week, in & out before 8am. I was thinking something like £15 a visit, they were currently paying something like a £15 a week lol. I told them it wasn't even worth me giving a price as we were so far apart. I still can't believe it to this day.

Yep. But someone cleans them so they got the clean at the price they wanted. :'(

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Tosh

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 07:55:10 am »

Yep. But someone cleans them so they got the clean at the price they wanted. :'(

Not necessarily.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 11:54:58 am »
I remember telling them something like whoever was cleaning them wouldn't be doing every pane in & out for that price. this was back when I was trad. They'd be scrimming/clothing fingerprints most days. Personally I think they'd be better having a proper full clean once or twice  a week rather than a half job every day. I can't be doing with that.

Either do it properly or don't bother.

I chose not to bother.