This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shrek

Does changing pre filters improve pure production?
« on: July 29, 2017, 07:39:28 pm »
Hi all , Iv had my 400 gpd RO since November last year. When it was new , it was producing 1 ltr a minute. I have changed my filters between now and then but now it's taking 1 minute 34 secs to produce 1 ltr of pure .
Does changing the pre filters boost productivity?

P @ F

Re: Does changing pre filters improve pure production?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 08:00:02 pm »
The newer the pre filters then the better feed pressure you will get , i have found that it is more likely to be the membreane itself , you can backflush all you like , but over time the thin film will slowly get blocked , its the nature of the beast , the older they get the slower they produce
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 08:05:38 pm »
And dont forget the higher the  feed TDS is  , this will have a massive effect on how long the membreane will last .

If i and a person in london were to buy the same ROs and treat them exactly the same then mine  would last longer .

Shrek

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 08:10:51 pm »
The newer the pre filters then the better feed pressure you will get , i have found that it is more likely to be the membreane itself , you can backflush all you like , but over time the thin film will slowly get blocked , its the nature of the beast , the older they get the slower they produce

Thanks for that - I thought the membranes would last me a year at least . Vyair said they'd last a year and it's not quite there yet!

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 08:13:57 pm »
And dont forget the higher the  feed TDS is  , this will have a massive effect on how long the membreane will last .

If i and a person in london were to buy the same ROs and treat them exactly the same then mine  would last longer .

That's a good point , my Tds is 137 from tap but varies quite a bit at times

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 08:37:15 pm »
137 is not high in TDS terms , i think it should last longer than that , they will always slow down over time .
What is the output TDS like , if its still putting out the same level as when you got it then it aint shot yet 

Shrek

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 09:05:25 pm »
Output tds is 6- 7 , can't understand it - membranes are about 8 months old

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 09:22:43 pm »
Just as a point of reference ......

I run 2 seperate 50 GPD  ROs , they stay on constantly , this gives me about 400 L of 001 water in 24 hours , my mains pressure is 60 psi and TDS from tap is on average 75 .
I did both membranes last year in July , i have just renewed 1 of them as it was giving out 003 , the other is still giving me 001.
They are both giving 001 now , i like to keep it like that as it means that a bag of resin will last me 6 years  ;D

I run 2 ROs because if one gives up im still able to produce water until i sort the other out , plus all they cost for the pair per year is £15 in pre filters and  £29 on membranes 

Shrek

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 09:43:41 pm »
Wow that's cheap - where do you buy them from?

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 09:55:02 pm »
Fleabay , been using them for about 5 year i think , will just get a link up now , they did use Vontron but have now swapped to HID.

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 10:07:54 pm »
Make sure you look in the "other" catergory listing in the shop , its a bit all over the place !

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/scwaterproducts/r-o-systems-/_i.html?_fsub=1790742012

P @ F

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2017, 10:13:57 pm »
Dont forget though , it could just be the mains pressure dropping on you , normally within working hours , just when you wont see it , you might need a booster ?

Shrek

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2017, 10:27:42 pm »
Cheers pal , Iv actually got 2 booster pumps that are built into the RO unit from vyair. Il give them a ring on Monday , see what's happened- thanks for your help 👍