This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DASERVICES

HSE Document regarding ladders
« on: June 11, 2006, 03:04:47 pm »

Just had a look at this HSE document which I have not seen before, interesting
  point :-

All ladders above 6m (19.68 ft) must be secured, haven't heard this one before.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/misc613.pdf

Anyone else been advised of this.

Doug

DASERVICES

Re: HSE Document regarding ladders
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 03:09:47 pm »

Spotted another new item :-

Self employed claeners cannot use footed ladders, interesting reading.

Doug

poleman

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 06:20:24 pm »
It is good advice to a point…however its 3 years old and since than we have had the working at height regulations (April 05). So that window cleaners can comply with WAHR a new set of guidelines in safe use of ladders is being sorted as we speak and should be due out this summer.

Andy     

baldeagle

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 06:27:03 pm »
I don't think it means "Thou shalt not have a footed ladder, as a self employed person"

What it's saying is "Self employed persons, by definition, are mainly lone workers, so there is nobody, [usually], available to foot the ladder"

Whoever writ this, has not read it out aloud, probably he has read it to himself; and because he knows what he meant to say, he thinks everyone else does!

Demonstrates two points really

a Always get somebody else to read wot you writ, [when I was writing training manuals for BT, it was called "idiot testing"], and you tried it out on several idiots!

b Younger HSE staff are being employed, and they are suffering from the decline in educational standards that is prevalent nowadays, and are less capable of structuring English grammar.

Baldeagle
"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.