This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Weatherley

Virgin Media
« on: July 20, 2017, 09:37:00 am »
Since the start of July Virgin Media have been installing new cables in my area. They do it road by road by taking over said road and blocking access to driveways and pathways one side of the road and when finished they do the opposite side. This is stopping me from being able to pull up anywhere close on many occasions.
So far this loss of business isn't huge but approx £100 of lost cash is irritating. Does anyone else have experiences like this?

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: Virgin Media
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 10:31:58 am »
It's the gas round our way.  They seem to have been at it for the last six or seven years every summer, replacing all the old pipes.  Fortunately, I have been able to work round it most of the time as I use a trolley but it's a pain nonetheless.  I can imagin how annoying it must be if you use a van as they seem to take up whole streets with all their equipment.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 12:53:15 pm »
I think we didn't do one bungalow about 3 months ago because of Virgin Media, they've been digging up the place here since January. I went back 3 days later and did the bungalow then. Would've been silly to have done it when we first arrived as they were disc-cutting the pavements.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 02:25:34 pm »
Yes all the time  >:(..................not just virgin , lots of reasons - water, gas, road works etc.
But i don't think of it as lost business, just deferred .
Not much you can do but on to the next and get back to it when you can.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 07:22:46 pm »
if you want to do the work you ll find a way.use a backpack on a trolley if theres parking issues.
price higher/work harder!

robbo333

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 09:29:37 pm »
This is where a backpack works well.
And as you negotiate the barriers, cones and tape leading upto the house you need to sing this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-JVnlB7Onk
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"