This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clarkson

Cladding
« on: July 20, 2017, 08:09:07 am »
hi  guys
We where asked for a day rate for a guy and a pressure washer.

When our guy got to site it was cladding that was dusty as a new build .  We where subbing  so this hadn't been mentioned.

Looked easy , so. Cold water pressure washed it carefully rinsing .  Dust was all running of fine .

When it dried however it dried all dusty and smeary again , so rinsed again .  Smeary again.

We had 500 litres of wfp water with us so rinsed the whole thing again , smeary again.

Time was up , main contractor not happy with results , our parent contractor  worried his client isn't happy.

We on the other hand have done what we where commissioned to do  , above and beyond.

Firstly just venting  not going to go on a site again  on man and machine basis ,  we are. being held responsible to get the cladding clean when the main contractor didn't spec things right.

Secondly anyone got a solution to get first clean dust of efficiently  so I can correct it .

Thought about soft washing it but don't want to waste the time if it's not going to clear the dust .

Maybe TFR?

Any thoughts

Cheers

John

Smudger

Re: Cladding
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 09:47:48 am »
Not wanting to appear argumentative, but you stated dust removal - yet you still have dust left ? Correct ? How is that above and beyond ?

Personally I never do day rates and secondly always check out the site and produce a world order to specify exactly what is to be cleaned and what is to be the expected result.

Depending on the cladding type, I have found water fed pole scrubbing to the the absolute best for dust/algae removal with no residue - you can't beat physical contact of the brush.

Pw is great for a lot of things but this type of work you need to get really close to every inch of the cladding otherwise it just leaves dirt behind

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

clarkson

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 10:53:38 pm »
Hi  smudger
My point is we where sent to go over the cladding on a day rate for pressure washing .  The site manager made the decision that's what he wanted .

As you say brushing down with wfp is more effective , so his remit was wrong.

If he had said I have some very dusty cladding  He wanted cleaning , it would  have been totally our responsibility to make sure it was clean  , but then I , as you say would have inspected it and worked on price to get a good result.

I was asked to rinse it once ,  he thought it would work .  it hasn't  but we have done what we said we would do actually 3 times. And wfp once  so that's four times what was agreed.

I won't do day rates again myself .  The problem is  they don't know  what they actually need.

Will try wfp it again a few times. See if it comes up better
John

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 09:07:28 am »
Personally I always go and look at the job as the customer isn't always the best person to decide how a certain surface is cleaned , I would have looked at it and given them options Evan tyred a patch with the pole to see what it looked like , this type of situation is a problem when sub contracting you have done as you were asked but it's not a suitable method for the job , unfortunately you are left with an unhappy customer and out of pocket trying to sort it out 😬😬😬😬

Matt.

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 09:28:12 pm »
I have a job, there's loads of building work going on. Guys asks me to clean some rollers shutters covered in building dust.... Now shutters are a doddle to clean wfp so thinks ye ok will take about hour or so.
These shutters have millions of little holes in them ( must be for letting light in or Sutton ) but didn't think anything of it.
F me ..... I cleaned them good and proper, looked great when wet, but next day I sees them and thinks hmmm they a bit shuddy so does them again, and again and they still dried crap 😤🔫
I got them to acceptable standard but had to have a guy doing insides while I was outsides bringing both sides down together, but was a bugger to do