Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

glad charged more 4 1st clean
« on: July 16, 2017, 10:55:47 pm »
I was approached whilst working on a street which ive done for 15yrs, back in may. I got the impression that they were either wanting a one off or were gonna be messers.  So did a first clean n thought cut them some slack n organise them 8wkly cleans. (all my other work on street it 4wkly).
Well my suspicion was comfirmed today.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

Re: glad charged more 4 1st clean
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 11:17:52 pm »
You are over wordy with your texts Nathan.  And the way you word them doesn't sound right, so it'd be better for you to keep it simple  ;)

"Hi, Nathan @ nkservices.  Will be round tomorrow to clean windows if you can unlock any gates etc if required. Thankyou"

That's pretty much my text to everyone. No over-egging required  :D

But I'm the same as you, I explain on the first clean that there is a possibility of a drip, I explain why this might happen, seals or vents etc and to let me know asap if it is a problem. . Now I dry everything off so I make sure this can't happen bit I still like to reassure them I'm the kind of guy that will sort out any issues I think that's good customer service.

On this occasion, it had nothing to do with your work they were just looking for an excuse. If they genuinely wanted there window cleaning bug wasn't happy with the job I'm sure they would have contacted you, that's just what decent people do.

Dry Clean

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 11:27:20 pm »
Agreed, they where just looking an excuse.

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 09:12:41 am »
You are over wordy with your texts Nathan.  And the way you word them doesn't sound right, so it'd be better for you to keep it simple  ;)

"Hi, Nathan @ nkservices.  Will be round tomorrow to clean windows if you can unlock any gates etc if required. Thankyou"

But I'm the same as you, I explain on the first clean that there is a possibility of a drip, I explain why this might happen, seals or vents etc and to let me know asap if it is a problem. . Now I dry everything off so I make sure this can't happen bit I still like to reassure them I'm the kind of guy that will sort out any issues I think that's good customer service.

On this occasion, it had nothing to do with your work they were just looking for an excuse. If they genuinely wanted there window cleaning bug wasn't happy with the job I'm sure they would have contacted you, that's just what decent people do.

Yep my texts about gates is usually very direct and small. But this was the first text ever sent to this customer as shes 8wkly so it was more of a reminder on what we had agreed.
But as you rightly said, it didnt matter as they just wanted a one off clean.

Ive blacklisted their house in my books so not to do theres in the future
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Bungle

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 08:06:24 pm »

Yep my texts about gates is usually very direct and small. But this was the first text ever sent to this customer as shes 8wkly so it was more of a reminder on what we had agreed.

But you left streaks! They've blacklisted you sonny.
We look at them, they look through them.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 09:18:01 pm »

But you left streaks! They've blacklisted you sonny.
;D

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 10:07:43 pm »
i never ever tell them there might be spotting on a first clean.why would you?their paying for clean windows.

ive never had any call backs on a first clean as i go that extra mile to get them up to scratch for future cleans.
price higher/work harder!

Mick Kent

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 10:23:38 pm »
Me too, i clean them 2/3 times to avoid any spotting issues. Been fine for years doig it like that.

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 10:27:43 pm »
Is it then a case of charging more for a first clean because they maybe a  messer ( a one off ) or because you are doing more work and taking longer ? if the latter then there really shouldn't be any spots or streaks. After all , that's why you are charging them more and taking longer.

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 11:30:12 pm »
Or is it that no one says ote to you guys, because its not normally an issue unless its really bad and lets face it, it shouldnt be.

Then theres the arguement, dont tell them and tbey wont look out for it. But thats still admitting it happens!! But again its not bad enough for em to worry about!

Conclusion, its a convenient get out clause!

Txted a customer tonight about leaving gate unlocked in morning. I got a text back saying due to circumstances have to ask to stop doing windows. I text back offering 8 wks and ive still got the job. Her hubby lost his job 2 mnths back. A perfect excuse to stop but she hasnt!!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 12:33:40 am »
Or is it that no one says ote to you guys, because its not normally an issue unless its really bad and lets face it, it shouldnt be.

Then theres the arguement, dont tell them and tbey wont look out for it. But thats still admitting it happens!! But again its not bad enough for em to worry about!

Conclusion, its a convenient get out clause!

Txted a customer tonight about leaving gate unlocked in morning. I got a text back saying due to circumstances have to ask to stop doing windows. I text back offering 8 wks and ive still got the job. Her hubby lost his job 2 mnths back. A perfect excuse to stop but she hasnt!!
Av read the first two paragraphs about 10 times and it's still not making any sense, you make Ted Rodgers' riddles on 3,2,1 look like childs play😁

Tosh

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 07:57:49 am »

She will.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

paul alan

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 08:36:01 am »
Would this have anything to do with one of your earlier posts where you said you could do a first clean with less than 25ltrs of water?

Dry Clean

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 10:04:55 am »
So the wfp method cant get a perfect first clean, did someone on here not say a bad workman always blames his tools. lol.

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 10:17:49 am »
Haha I love this forum, its full of sheep!

Reading from the start of the thread most are like "yea clear to see shes a messer"
One person several weeks later makes a light hearted jibe and then everyone follows suit. Its so predictable and makes me laugh, i like being entertained on this forum.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2017, 10:37:36 am »

Reading from the start of the thread most are like "yea clear to see shes a messer"
One person several weeks later makes a light hearted jibe and then everyone follows suit. Its so predictable and makes me laugh, i like being entertained on this forum.
I'm confused ................. you only started this thread 2 days ago  ???

Dry Clean

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2017, 10:52:50 am »

I still think she's a messer I just find it funny that you tell customers not to expect a perfect clean after charging them extra.

nathankaye

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2017, 12:30:41 pm »

I'm confused ................. you only started this thread 2 days ago  ???

Haha your absolutely right. Think this sun/heat has got to me 😕😕
Humble pie n all
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2017, 12:46:34 pm »
 ........ Or your lunchtime tipple  ;D

Shrek

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2017, 03:55:19 pm »

It's funny how you can pick up other Windy's clientele because they can't use their tools properly-(blame the workmen not his tools!)  and then when someone sacks you because you can't use your tools properly, they are a messer! Haha I love this forum too 😂