Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Adam P

What sprayers these days?
« on: July 12, 2017, 05:18:07 pm »
in need of a new sprayer as our gloria has been going on too long now and is failing in too many areas now.

had a quick look at where we buy our other carpet cleaning equipment from, and found none of the main 3 sell the metal gloria sprayers, leading me to think there are better alternatives now.

any suggestions what we should look at?

mr muzzy

Re: what sprayers these days?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 08:50:54 pm »
 i got some 5 ltr  sprayers  as back ups  from aldi for a tenna each  not a bad little bit of kit for the money

Strata Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 10:01:39 am »
My guys were complaining on pump up sprayers when doing large areas for instance in cinemas. Funnily we tested an electric ips alike sprayer (same stuff but labelled with a different name - from mainland Europe and cheaper). We have been using these sprayers for 5 months now - I must say surprisingly it  has been working brilliantly.  The guys have whatever solution we need to use ready in plastic 0.5 l and 0.3 l bottles portioned  - since you can actually screw an after mineral water  bottle directly to the sprayer gun so no need to play with hoses. If not entirely used bottle is simply taken off and a cap put back on.  Batteries last forever. We found this toy to be incredibly efficient. We used various types of products with the sprayers and we have had no leaks or any sort of breakdowns yet.

Marius Alexandru

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 07:36:19 pm »
I use Ronseal power sprayer, its a sprayer for decking oil, Bought it for £35 from wickes, x4 batteries last 2 weeks (It's the big batteries which goes in torches, 4 of them, I will buy x4 rechargeable ones).

I threw away the original tip which it came with and put the yellow tip in and it works perfectly! I also have a pump srayer just for back-up
http://www.diy.com/departments/ronseal-precision-finish-fence-paint-sprayer/754243_BQ.prd?ecamp=Seapla&ppc_type=shopping&ds_kids=92700022469298935&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8NSy_riO1QIVyr3tCh3BxQeLEAQYAiABEgIfQvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds.ds&dclid=CKXa4YC5jtUCFaSoUQodRJgMSQ

swanson

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 08:56:07 am »
Hoselock sprayers are good

neil 47

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 08:21:46 pm »
I use the worx hydroshot
IICRC

brianbarber

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 10:44:46 pm »
These are brilliant  units.
You can customise by adding say 15 metres of hose, you can leave sprayer downstairs and reach all bedrooms without lugging upstairs.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pure-water-systems/portable-systems/the-gardiner-backpack.html
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Marcushiggins

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 08:35:29 am »
I used rondomatic 5ltr sprayers for the first three years of business. They were useless, £120+ each and parts would always fail. I then discovered that screwfix sell 7ltr sprayers for £10 each. I took the lance and tips from the rondomatics and carefully fitted them to the screwfix ones. They've been going strong for over 18 months now with nothing going wrong. The hoses are stronger and if something did ever fail it would cost a grand total of £10 to sort. They don't have viton seals but I often use solvent additives and it hasn't made a blind bit of difference. It's a no brainer for me. Happy days.

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 07:52:36 pm »
i use it IK sprayers, 6 litres or 4 litre, ive never had a problem pumping them up, its good exercise, if its a large area then an inline sprayer is my choice

Darran Pryce

Re: What sprayers these days?
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 02:25:08 pm »
For commercial without a doubt I would choosehttp://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pure-water-systems/portable-systems/the-gardiner-backpack.html 

Had ours a few weeks now, and compared to our other electric sprayer,  this is far the better one. Handle is great, and with 15m of hose it works a treat. Solid built item.

David Deer

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 09:13:02 am »
For commercial without a doubt I would choosehttp://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pure-water-systems/portable-systems/the-gardiner-backpack.html 
Had ours a few weeks now, and compared to our other electric sprayer,  this is far the better one. Handle is great, and with 15m of hose it works a treat. Solid built item.

I was a little concerned by the statement on the web-page that, 
'The backpack is warrantied for use with water only - due to health and safety reasons no warranty returns will be accepted if the backpack has been used with any chemicals '
But then at £108 it's still £300 cheaper than a birchmeier.

Darran Pryce

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 12:03:01 pm »
The only solution that goes through my sprayer is Dynamall.  After use, rinsed well.  If the pump goes, there only cheap to replace.  Far better build compared to the others I have purchased in the past.   

JandS

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 05:49:36 pm »
Darran...just bought the Ninja sprayer and used it for the first time at the w/e at a commercial job in Leeds
Was mixing 15 litres of encap at a time into a 25 litre container, drop the strainer in and away you go with 9m of hose
Variable speed, decent metal couplings and the battery lasts way longer than the 2 hours it states plus you get two batteries anyway.
The price is a bit heavy at £180 plus the dreaded but it's well built, the lance can either have the telescopic extension on for carpets or leave ti off for u/h.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.