This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jonboywalton75

Re: picking up lots of new jobs lately
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 08:38:40 pm »
i dont even have a website!no need for one.

In my experience Daz, if you don't have a website, your can miss out on some tasty commercial jobs

Walter Mitty

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2017, 09:50:02 am »
It's been fairly stable here.  Lost the odd one due to moving (mostly).  Gained the odd one from walk-ups.  Had a few asking for ad hoc service.  No thanks.  I'll do an expensive first clean if I've got time but ad hoc.  Bumped into one 6 months ago.  Wanted a quote.  Supplied it.  Phoned up recently for re-quote as sun was out (her words).  Original quote deleted as too old and said she couldn't recall it.
No thanks.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2017, 05:57:42 pm »
i cant go wrong at the moment.another new job today.all new work is next to my  other work too.happy days.
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2017, 06:00:54 pm »

In my experience Daz, if you don't have a website, your can miss out on some tasty commercial jobs

i dont want them  mate

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 06:07:11 pm »
It's been fairly stable here.  Lost the odd one due to moving (mostly).  Gained the odd one from walk-ups.  Had a few asking for ad hoc service.  No thanks.  I'll do an expensive first clean if I've got time but ad hoc.  Bumped into one 6 months ago.  Wanted a quote.  Supplied it.  Phoned up recently for re-quote as sun was out (her words).  Original quote deleted as too old and said she couldn't recall it.
No thanks.

nice to see you posting again paul. :)

i suppose you ve been busy writing?are you any nearer to finishing your books?

Walter Mitty

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2017, 11:43:07 pm »
No thanks.

nice to see you posting again paul. :)

i suppose you ve been busy writing?are you any nearer to finishing your books?

Indeed I am.  I've almost completed the first draft on one and I'm part way through the second draft on another.  There's a long way to go but I've done a lot also.  Most importantly, I'm enjoying it.  It's the fine tuning that takes the time and I anticipate a bare minimum three drafts before regarding a work as complete.  Sometimes I take a break from the longer pieces and try my hand at poetry.  That is a real education because it teaches me how to slot words together in the most effective way and, when required, how to use a smaller number of more powerful words.
I prefer spending my free time writing stories and poetry.
The funny thing is that if a customer pees me off too much, they sometimes end up being a minor character in a story.   It can be quite humorous at times but, if they don't fit, I can always edit them out in a final draft :) .
I'm not certain yet exactly where I'm going with it all, but I anticipate having a crack at self-publishing on Amazon within the next couple of years (more  conventional publishers are very risk averse with unknown writers).

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2017, 07:43:53 am »
all the best with it paul. :)

i for one would be very interested in reading them mate.esp the semi autobiographical one.

Marc Stock

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2017, 07:58:35 am »

i dont want them  mate

I agree Daz. Commercial jobs are just a pita. I'm beginning to question wether to take my contact form down from my website as I get a lot of time wasters from it just shopping for the cheapest price.  Only decent enquiries I get are from word of mouth recommendations.

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2017, 08:19:56 am »
dont get me wrong i have some commercial jobs but their smallish office blocks,nurseries,childrens homes etc.all picked up through word of mouth and recommendation.some ive been cleaning for 20 years now!

in fact nearly all the work ive picked up in the last few years has been from recommendation alone.