Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RPCCS

How much
« on: June 27, 2017, 06:31:30 pm »
What price are stainless steel bearings for a patio cleaner  attachment for a Honda pressure washer?
I have just bought a Honda GX160, got it for less than £400, and have been offered the patio spinner for free, just the cost of the bearings.
Cheers Rich

Smudger

Re: How much
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 08:52:55 pm »
i would start with ben from rutland pumps  - then the next option would be to take out the bearings and see if they have a serial number on them so you can go to someone like BSL ( bearing services ltd ) who could supply you with replacements at trade prices
if they have a branch near you just take the old bearing in snd they can identify it

HTH

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

RPCCS

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 09:01:02 pm »
Thanks Darran, but Im not doing it myself, my mate/customer nearby owns the tool, and said I can have it for the cost of the bearings, and a few free window cleans,. He services and repairs pressure washers for his job,I was just wondered how much they were.
Cheers Rich

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 09:07:45 pm »
well unless things have changed drastically in the last couple of years the bearings would be £20.00 tops

fitting bearing should only be minutes ( held in with circlips ) unless they have been press fitted in - failing that a new centre housing which i think are on eBay for £60 odd quid

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

RPCCS

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 07:56:14 am »
I would think more than that as apparently the standard  bearings are £45 apparently, somstainless  probably more?
Cheers Rich

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 09:58:35 am »
What price are stainless steel bearings for a patio cleaner  attachment for a Honda pressure washer?
I have just bought a Honda GX160, got it for less than £400, and have been offered the patio spinner for free, just the cost of the bearings.

The type of presure washer is a little bit irrelevant, but I was quite surprised how cheap parts are for 'patio spinners' I would take a picture of the spinner with your phone, post it here then see how much the full part is  then just swop it over rather than strip it down and repair  it
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 10:18:25 am »
I would think more than that as apparently the standard  bearings are £45 apparently, somstainless  probably more?

They are a standard thing - online you can get whirlaway bearings for £12. Don't be mislead bearings are really cheap in general - retailers put between 50 and 200 percent mark up

As an ex engineer we either got bearings direct from skf or BSL there retail quoted prices were always triple what you ended paying for them as 'trade'

Darran

RPCCS

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 04:19:31 pm »

The type of presure washer is a little bit irrelevant, but I was quite surprised how cheap parts are for 'patio spinners' I would take a picture of the spinner with your phone, post it here then see how much the full part is  then just swop it over rather than strip it down and repair  it
I cant as Im not in possession of it, the bloke who owns it ,is a pressure washer engineer, and he has offered it to me f o c, for the cost of the bearings, which he is supposed to be getting and fitting for me.
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 10:04:32 pm »
Update, spinner needed new shaft, and bearings were £45 each, so looking at thick end of £200, not paying it when a brand new one is 300
Cheers Rich