This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

easy clean

help needed
« on: June 09, 2006, 05:54:31 pm »
hi all,

looking for a bit of help in regards to paying an employee. i've built up my round now so that instead of me trying to do all my work myself and digging an early grave, i've got a friend working with me. the only prob is that he's new to it and i use wfp. i use the van mount and i send him out with the trolley. the problem that i've gotis that he don't seem that motivated, whats the best way to pay him to try and give him a bit of an incentive, also how much should he be getting

Re: help needed New
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 06:16:33 pm »
the problem that i've goti s that he don't seem that motivated,

My honest advice is..  get rid of him and find someone who IS motivated. The last thing you need is someone dragging you down.

It sounds like you are in that space where it's either employ/sub-contract or sell some of your work. It's never an easy decision to make and only you can make it.

As to what to pay and how to motivate they kind of go hand-in hand. I wont say what I pay but what I will say is that I would always make emloyees masters of their own destiny not only interms of money but also the quality of work. Reward for good performance ( There are many ways you can do this) and make them responsible for any call-backs etc.  I would always make them go back to put any problems straight rather than stop money. This way works because I would always make them do it in their own time.

Employing in WCing can be a nightmare if not very... very tightly controlled.

Andrew

OUCH  just re-read your post.  In the vast majority of cases ( I have experience in this ) employing friends is a BIG MISTAKE. YOU need to be the boss and this can be difficult with friends. Do yourself a big favour and try to find some way of diplomatically ending this association with work ASAP.  The same usually applies to partnerships etc with friends.

Andrew