This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Kettless

Pricing for a one-off customer
« on: June 09, 2006, 08:40:19 am »
Hi,

I wonder if some of you could help with pricing a job, we do domestic cleaning for this old lady, and she lives in the middle of nowhere. Therefore, finds it difficult to get a window cleaner.

She has asked me if I would like to do them for her, and I have agreed as she is a good customer of our, but I have no idea what to charge her.  The property is a bungalow 6 upv windows and 1 upv door part glazed.

Any assistance you could give me would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Paul
Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"

P @ F

Re: Pricing for a one-off customer
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 09:31:27 am »
I would prob do them for 7-8 quid , only if i was in the area though , if not depending on the milage and travelling time i would have to add extra on , only you can decide if its viable .

Hope that helps .

Rich   P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

RO-Sheen

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 11:15:09 am »
Like P+F I would only do it if in the area. I would charge £8 and double it if she wanted insides done.
Formerly known as GARGAAX

pjulk

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 12:48:32 pm »
I would charge about £14 for that Plus the time it took me to travel there and back.
I always charge more for 1 off cleans otherwise your the one losing out.

These days i tend to turn them down unless its a big job.

Paul

Tim Morton

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 03:34:31 pm »
I'm very much with paul, in fact, it's got to the point that if someone asks me if I can clean their windows, I reply that I only take on regular monthly customers, that it's not worth my while doing one-off's.

I would do a one-off if it was a big enough job, but I would charge 30-40% extra than I would if it was a regular job.

I've found that by telling people that I dont do one-off's they respect me and know that I'm a serious and regular window cleaner and that I won't be messed about and neither will I mess them about. When customers realise that you are going to be there every month to clean their windows they respect you much more.

Tim

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

craig jwc

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 04:09:43 pm »
I tell people i don't do one-off cleans just regular 4 or 8 weekly cleans.

I only ever did 1 one-off clean and priced the house for a 4 weekly clean (£10) then multiplied it by 3 (£30). Don't bother anymore though.

Craig

Paul Kettless

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 06:08:55 pm »
Thanks very much for your input guys, and apologies for the the slightly mis-leading question.

The work with her will be regular, what I should have said is that I have no intentions on expanding into the business of window cleaning so she will be my one and only customer that I will do it for.

We visit her every week so the travel etc is not an issue, so whilst I am there I can add it to my duties.  So as it will be regular work, I should charge between 6-8 quid, and I will not to be over charging her.

Once again, thanks for your help

Regards

Paul
Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 07:47:00 pm »
Hi Paul.

An idea for you.

Window cleaning is a skill. Unless you are doing it regularly it will take you ages and you will struggle to get good results.

Why not post the location of the job and ask if any of the members here want it.

That way you will get it done well and regularly for your customer and you wont be stuck with a job you dont really want.

Its done quite a lot between members here.

Cheers

Andrew

macc

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 08:02:40 pm »
Hi Paul. If you do it what i would do is price it including traveling time. so say you work at £20 hr & thats how long it will take to get there, do it & get to next job, £20.

Macc

captain lard

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 01:28:56 am »
Will you not need to buy some specific WC equipment as well mate ? If so thats going to add to the cost from your end.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 09:05:22 am »
Andrew's suggestion is the best for you, but if you are still intending to do it, then you should only charge for about 15 minutes worth of work.

It's a small property, a bungalow with 7 windows, no more than 10 minutes work for just about any window cleaner.

You will take far longer to do a decent job because of your inexperience of course, but if you charge £1.00 per window, in most parts of the country that would be considered a good price (not a cheap price by the way)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

awl

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 08:06:06 pm »
Hi,

I wonder if some of you could help with pricing a job, we do domestic cleaning for this old lady, and she lives in the middle of nowhere. Therefore, finds it difficult to get a window cleaner.

She has asked me if I would like to do them for her, and I have agreed as she is a good customer of our, but I have no idea what to charge her.  The property is a bungalow 6 upv windows and 1 upv door part glazed.

Any assistance you could give me would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Paul
hi paul

we do lowestoft, maybe we can take it of your hands, we will do a really good job
and promise not to leave any smears,

mandy and angie
awl.
We go by the name of THE ALL WEATHER LEATHERS.