This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Morph

"pin money day"
« on: June 08, 2006, 11:44:45 pm »
I still have a few days a month, when all I really make is pin money.  It seems I work harder for it too!  Today was one of those days.  Customers that I've had for about 15 years.  Treat me like a scrounger!  I don't know why I put up with it.  Well I do know, really, it's because it is a day's work.  I could take the day off and dump them all!  I get close to it every month because what I've made after a hard day slog is hardly worth it.
Just to cap it all, the last customer phoned up late tonight complaining!  Spots all over his windows!  But I think it's because he used a pressure washer to clean his soffits and facias, and the limescale has stuck.  I've agreed to go back tomorrow and put them right.
Huh!  "pin money day"
At least the weather is great!  At no extra charge!

macc

Re: "pin money day"
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 12:17:38 am »

At least the weather is great!  At no extra charge!

And they say getting HOTTER.  ;D

Macc

JM123

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 12:20:39 am »
how have youguys managed to work in that heat???  It was 24 over here today and I could barely lift the pole! and thats just the 12ft I'm talking about.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

twt

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 06:08:21 pm »
heat? what heat ive only just taken me fleece off! ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 08:51:42 pm »
And I still wear my unger gloves until the official start of summer on June 21st!
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 08:55:20 pm »
...until the official start of summer on June 21st!

I always used to think that the first day of Summer being the 21st June was always a bit on the optimistic side.

In the army, you used to change uniforms from jumpers to 'Short-Sleeve Order' on the 1st June and it normally turned cold on this date.

It must be global warming!

Personally, I think PJ ought to bump his prices up on this day's work that he's referring too; or drop them.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 09:01:26 pm »
Hi Tosh! Long time no speak - it was more fun when you were a mod!
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 10:57:23 pm »

Not for me it wasn't.  I always felt I should be deleting posts and stuff; but then I was just as bad at posting irrelivant rubbish (such as this) as the posts I should've been deleting.

The heat's off me!  It's nice.

Londoner

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 09:14:56 am »
Truth is we all end up collecting some of these customers as time goes by.
Bit ruthless to dump them. Try saying "you don't really need these windows cleaning so often, they are still pretty good after 4 weeks. Why don't I do you every other month."

Make it sound like you are doing them a big favour (which you probably are).

Morph

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 06:09:58 pm »

Not for me it wasn't.  I always felt I should be deleting posts and stuff; but then I was just as bad at posting irrelivant rubbish (such as this) as the posts I should've been deleting.

The heat's off me!  It's nice.

This was a sensitive issue when I posted it.  That mood has now passed!  Till next month...
Please keep to the topic Tosh or I'll have to lock it!  FINAL WARNING ;D ;D ;D

rosskesava

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 08:11:43 pm »
Pj

Dump them. Well maybe that's the wrong term.

Anyway, if you 'pass them onto another w/c' you'll have a few regrets and feel bad about it for a while but then you'll find that your earnings start going up and you'll feel better about the jobs you still have.

We had a huge re organisation of our work a while back and in retrospect, it needed doing years before. I used to hate those jobs that were 30 minutes work for a fiver or whatever small amount it was and the reason we were still doing them was simply because we done them the previous month and they'd been customers since we started.

Cheers