This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

scrservices

WFP Set Up
« on: June 08, 2006, 10:23:59 pm »
HI Everyone

could any one give any advise on the set up of a trailer mounted WFP system using a 650ltr Tank, 200 GPD RO system, 100psi pump & varistream  2 Controller  plus a 25 ltr DI vessel,

any advise would be very welcome

Cheers
Al

Tim Morton

Re: WFP Set Up
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 10:34:42 pm »
Hi there Al, the 1st bit of advice I could give you is to make sure that your tank is baffled and is secured well to your trailer. Also make sure that the trailer is rated for the weight of all your stuff, your tank will weigh nearly 700Kgs when full, and your 25L di vessel will also weigh a fair bit and thats without mention of a battery. If you go for a leisure battery they weigh a ton, or if you go for a sealed lead acid battery which has smaller capacity, they also weigh less.

If you wanna see my diy trailer mount here's the link to the pics, http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=19436.0

Dont forget that you will need a hose and reel, dont be tempted to go for a cheap plastic and aluminium one, been there, done that, then gone and got a decent metal one from Gardiners. The difference is tremendous, much easier and quicker.

You also will want to have your RO filling up some water butts, ideally if you have the space for it get a 1000L IBC so that you'll never run out. You also might consider getting a 300GPD or even a 450GPD RO, and get a pumped one if your  mains tap pressure is below 45psi.

Hope this helps,
Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

JM123

Re: WFP Set Up
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 12:12:04 am »
Hi scrservices - for 650ltr you really need twin axle and brakes for your trailer, its also pointless fitting a 25ltr di vessel as it will weigh in at around 35kg when full (with water) and takes up loads of room not to mention the height of it.  Bestbet is a an 11ltr vessel.  As you may or may not already know the varistream is not waterproof so you will need to locate it somewhere it will stay dry and also not be in danger of being hit by your hosereel etc.  The rest is up to you but I cannot stress enough how dangerous it is without the right trailer, I've seen what can happen if the wrong trailer is employed and it is really scary stuff.

If you need any pics etc to help with setting up your trailer then e-mail me j.mills175@btinternet.com or alternatively we can custom build a system for you. 

Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I