This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Splash & dash

Re: How much is this worth?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 01:18:34 pm »
Not the best choice it will be heavy and quite whippy they arnt very popular now with carbon poles being far superior, depending how much you will use it have a look on Gardiner pole systems site at the slx pole range it will be more expensive but a far superior pole and easier to use

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 02:33:31 pm »
Thanks for the reply, it would only  be for occasional use on conservatory roofs not for 8 hrs a day use.

Is it not worth an offer? he wants £180 I wAs thinking of making an offer of £130. How much would a 40ft SLX. Pole cost?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

RPCCS

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 02:48:21 pm »
Mike, have a look here
http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/pole-specifications.html  A 50ft reach carbon pole,610 quid plus vat, a 45 ft 435 plus vat.   I have had the clx  27,part carbon, part fibreglass, and even at that height, its quite difficult to control, the fibreglass one will be REALLY heavy, especially at full extension. The carbon poles are lighter, and more rigid, the glass fibre pole will wobble around considerably and as last poster says, quite whippy. However if you're only going to use say once  a week, its worth a punt, try him at £100 first, then up it to 120, if he won't bite, you can always remove some of the bottom sections, if you don't need them, to make it a bit lighter.
Cheers Rich

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 04:34:05 pm »
Rich I just made him an offer of £110 but he refused it :-\

I might leave it a few  days, he's asking for offers, if he doesn't get any more interest  he might be more responsive. I could buy a gardiner and the little use it would get it would last a lifetime  but its just forking out £600+ For something that would be nice to have but not totally necessary as I have a 40ft pole already (but it's a bit worse for wear)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 04:39:15 pm »
It's worth jack Martin as who in their right minds would buy a fiberglass pole. Let alone a 44ft one???

robbo333

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 06:14:13 pm »
If you only want it for connie roofs, a Gardiners CLX 18' is only £108 plus VAT.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Plankton

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 11:38:46 pm »
If you only want it for connie roofs, a Gardiners CLX 18' is only £108 plus VAT.
Looking at Gardiners camera sale section and then adding a pole on is a different price from the window cleaning pole. Not sure if they are selling them (bare pole) without the number one section.

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 09:32:12 am »
Mike - defy not worth a lot - maybe £50 just for the privilege of taking it away - its no good for conny roofs - too heavy and it will bow something terrible so the shaft will hit the roof panels  - as said buy a clx

always chancers out there - seen a gutter vac that id quite like to buy but the seller thinks its worth £800 ( its six years old ! )
funny thing is its now been on sale for a good 7 months.... ( brand new are £650 )

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Matt.

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 10:24:37 am »
Ya defo need a carbon fibre pole, with no dip in it, I have a old 14" gooseneck with fan jets in it that I use for spraying.... Just connect it up to the extreme 47.....

If u really stuck an insist on a streamline pole I have a 40ft one in my garden behind the shed next to a few ionic weapons of mass destruction..... Am a little far from u but If u want to but it and cover p&p I will post it to u ....... I will defo accept the £130 u was offering .... Lol

Neil Jones

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 12:18:05 am »
You can take a horse to water....