Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steven Butler

Can I boost my vac power
« on: June 11, 2017, 08:28:57 am »
I use a power flite black max, it's massive and upto 600psi.
Was just wondering if there's anyway of boosting the vac power??
Technically I've no idea so keep it simple please......

Robin Ray

Re: Can I boost my vac power
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 11:51:54 am »
John Martins your man on this one.

I would say yes if you were to add an inline vac booster.

john martin

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 12:24:10 pm »
which version of the black max do have  ,  the newer ones have just a single 6.6 so all you'd have to do is buy an airflex booster pod and connect it to the exhaust .     Or u could go the inline route like robin suggests , mytee make a good inline booster .

If its the older twin vac  ...     an inline booster would really have to be a twin vac in series to keep up with the main machine  .
U could just add a single vac to the exhaust like ashbys do , so three in series .   provided the black max waste tank is strong to take the extra HG .
Those are the simple things without changing vac motors in the black max .
I think ' Dave the hose ' sells home made toolbox boosters also .

Emil Dinev

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 01:32:51 pm »
John i have power flite perfect heat pfx 1350 with two 3 stage vacs I believe in series. What would be the best option for vacuum boosting?
Cheers
Emil

john martin

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 06:34:31 pm »
John i have power flite perfect heat pfx 1350 with two 3 stage vacs I believe in series. What would be the best option for vacuum boosting?
Cheers
Emil
Hi , It might depend on how much poking around with the internals u feel like doing , I would say fit two 6.6 but that wouldn't suit your heat coils. Fitting the 1600w electro's would give a bit more performance than u have ...not massive.  Best boost I think would be connecting the airflex booster pod to the exhaust . .. Only slight hitch being does it have an exhaust ...or does it just vent out the bottom (not a great idea) u might have to redirect exhaust hose to the side or back of the machine and fit a connector so u can hook up the pod .

Mr Dvae

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 08:28:02 pm »
many years ago when i used portable machines, i used 2x ninjas  3 ft of 2 inch hose to each one coupled to a y piece to 1x  2inch hose 50- 100ft long. Bloomin amazing!!!  if youve got enough hose you can leave your machine at home and clean carpets in the next street. Ha! Ha!

john martin

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 08:55:28 pm »
many years ago when i used portable machines, i used 2x ninjas  3 ft of 2 inch hose to each one coupled to a y piece to 1x  2inch hose 50- 100ft long. Bloomin amazing!!!  if youve got enough hose you can leave your machine at home and clean carpets in the next street. Ha! Ha!
yeah , u effectively made a series / parallel machine like the mytee escape or what i use with quad 6.6 .   Its the best boost for sure , its difficult add to the ops machine though ... unless he wants to get another machine and join them , someone else here (luc ) ?  joines two enforcers with a Y.

Emil Dinev

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 05:21:20 pm »
Cheers
Emil
Hi , It might depend on how much poking around with the internals u feel like doing , I would say fit two 6.6 but that wouldn't suit your heat coils. Fitting the 1600w electro's would give a bit more performance than u have ...not massive.  Best boost I think would be connecting the airflex booster pod to the exhaust . .. Only slight hitch being does it have an exhaust ...or does it just vent out the bottom (not a great idea) u might have to redirect exhaust hose to the side or back of the machine and fit a connector so u can hook up the pod .

Thanks John! All I'm looking to achieve is having enough power to run 75 ft of hose for the awkward 4 storey georgian house without loosing power. Currently I don't have an exhaust as such...excuse my ignorance but why is it bad idea to vent out the bottom? Is it very hard to adjust in order for the machine to work with the Airflex booster pod?
Thanks in advance!

john martin

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 09:57:04 pm »
if it did vent to the floor the heat might damage certain surfaces if u dont use a floor cover  ...   anyway , it dosnt i think , it seems to vent out the side behind the wheel . I think this body is the same as the 1350 , so look at the white tube exiting the machine on the far left in the video .  You would need to reditect that to the back ... or anywhere u could get a connector to it ,   it could be done with simple plastic plumbing parts , or even just a bit cutt off vacuum hose sticking out a hole with a hose cuff on it so u can attach .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic0FhfVh7Es

john martin

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 10:04:14 pm »
This is another option for Enforcer owners  ...

This is quick clip of the express boosting the Enforcer , insted of my usual booster box .

This setup is not as impractical or mad as you might think  ...      Its good to have both size machines for certain job situations ...  but then when u need that extra high suction  u combine both for Mytee escape type  performance .
In this case i needed fast drying times for this dense wool . 
The only mod is the connector on the Enforcer , its not hard to do .

https://vimeo.com/225000182

Richard Tara

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 09:37:32 pm »
This is another option for Enforcer owners  ...

This is quick clip of the express boosting the Enforcer , insted of my usual booster box .

This setup is not as impractical or mad as you might think  ...      Its good to have both size machines for certain job situations ...  but then when u need that extra high suction  u combine both for Mytee escape type  performance .
In this case i needed fast drying times for this dense wool . 
The only mod is the connector on the Enforcer , its not hard to do .

https://vimeo.com/225000182
Hi John
Great video, i have both machines can you run the Express of the exhaust of the Enforcer ?
Running hi/low electro motors on Enforcer, Express is running one 1800w electro motor.

Richard
carpet, upholstery, caravan cleaning for Skegness www.rbcleaningskegness.co.uk

john martin

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 10:13:33 pm »
Hi Richard , do give it go and see if you like it ...  that three vac series setup should be the same as ashbys own booster .
certainly should boost your hose lenght and dry times .
Let us know how it works .

Richard Tara

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 10:29:40 pm »
Cheers John

Got the next 2 days off so will give it ago. Was going to buy the Ashbys booster untill i saw your post (cheers mate).

Just sold my nissan nv200 and now got a vauxhall vivaro to do a semi truckmount (for static caravans) and take out machines when doing houses/pub work.

Just fitted a 400 ltr water tank, this is mainly for the petrol pressure washing work but can be use for the Enforcer.

Richard

carpet, upholstery, caravan cleaning for Skegness www.rbcleaningskegness.co.uk

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 07:41:32 pm »
Just reading the above..

I have an alltec pro plus, is there anyway of adding a vac booser? Thinking of a solid plastic sheet over the exhuast with an outlet fitted... and combining with an ashby's booster/ airhog

john martin

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2018, 08:29:43 pm »
a single vac rear booster might not be the best route for you parallel twin vac machine ,
you could ...but if you combine the internal vacs exhausts ... and connect it to a rear single vac you have 200cfm going through a 1.5"
opening motor that itself inly produces about half the cfm ... it might be bottle neck of sorts .

I think the bast route would be to make it a triple vac parallel machine , there is probably room inside the pro plus to fit an additional vac ...  but to do it with an external single vac booster u need to get a port added to the waste tank in some location ...
i think i would go through the lid  . So you would just have a 1.5"( or 2" ) tank connector in the lid ... to connect the booster . And either have a screw cap or a plug to fit over it when not using the booster .
You could also fit the tank connector in the lid but use the machines hose connector to connect the booster ... and connect you vac hose to the lid ... the advantage of this might be if you fit a two inch connector ... where as the original pro plus just had a 1.5 i think . If you do this you would need to add a water deflector so as incoming water clears the upfacing stack pipes of the alltec ...
like in the video below .
but if you u just connect to the original outlet u dont want the deflector as it would suck up water .
And the booster ...   get the airflex one .... cause its 100 less that the ashbys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPVb0vugdpk

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 09:36:41 pm »
Brilliant reply!

Thank you

I'm going to have a look at adding another vac. It has 2 x 7.2 in parallel atm, I could use a Y connector to simply add a 5.7 Vac to one  (or both) of the vacs.

And would be much cheaper than adding an air hog.
As the machines going to be sitting on the back of the van (saves my back), then i can mount the pump on the outside of the machine if I need more space :)

john martin

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2018, 10:05:45 pm »
yeah , internal  might be a a neat solution .   another option ,  if you could make a simple box containing two motors .... and connect each box motor to each machine motors exhaust  ...   that 2x2 setup would be nice power from a van

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 10:03:38 am »
A neater solution would be to fit 2 6.6" units in place of the inefficient 7.2s
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

john martin

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2018, 08:00:44 pm »
A neater solution would be to fit 2 6.6" units in place of the inefficient 7.2s

i agree with you  , i defo would do that too  ... 
I figured he wanted to keep what he has and boost that , but yeah as a starting point ungrading the two motors would be good , and hey  , il even suggest he gets the 6.6 from WOC ... simply because they have a hose connector added where as the woodbridge ones are connectorless ... and the alltec dosn't have a manifold mount .
The alltec runs both motors and the pump on one cord ...  because the heater , which is an important part of the alltec machines runs on the second . 
So two 6.6 plus the (100psi i presume ) would be about 15 amps open flow , a bit over the stupid plug fuses rating ... but i would be fine  , otherwise he would have to convert it to a two cord ... or three cord machine .
Also , if hes upgrading it would good to switch in the aquatec 250psi from woodbridge or cleansmart for an easy straight swap .
and i would still look at adding a third  vac .

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2018, 04:48:18 pm »
Or just buy a truck mount and have done with it😃
Failing that use 2 inch vac hose instead of 1.5.