This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

working in the rain pays off in the long run
« on: June 09, 2017, 07:59:03 pm »
if i didnt work monday and tuesday this week in the rain then id be having to work tomorrow and monday.

luckily i did so all scheduled work completed this week and weekend off as usual. :)

i never "catch up" with work.it always has a knock on effect on my other work that can cost me thousands of pounds in lost income over the course of a year.
price higher/work harder!

Tom White

Re: working in the rain pays off in the long run
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 09:04:52 pm »
I just take the day off, go to the gym with Wor Lass, shower, head down town and get some food, and mince about.

It beats the pants off working in the rain.

Then when it's dry, I'll just work a bit longer to catch up.

Or let things slide a bit.

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 09:17:07 pm »
One of the main reasons for switching to wfp was the ability to work in the rain. I was tired of loosing money // days of work due to the elements. Or pacing up n down thinking its stopped and load up the van only for it to rain again etc etc.
I explained it to all my existing customers that i will now be working in rain. But the first day i did i was apprehensive but carried on. The next day one of the old dears caught me on next street and told me i was right and to crack on working in rain. Well, when an old dear who moans at spending good money tells you its ok  ;D then I gained my confidence and i never question it.
First 5 times of working in rain i had a stupid smile on face, proud as punch as i knew i was now earning in rain when others werent............. not so much smiling any more, just enduring it  ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 10:05:45 pm »
 I havnt missed a day in prolly a year(that l can remeber), rain or shine.

But l couldnt of worked here on the north wales coast monday or tuesday, due to the wind more than anything.

Rains fine with me, its when the wind is blowing the dirt back on the windows faster than your taking it off.

Im working tomorrow to finish the week off, lm not happy. Especialy as saturdays my fave day in the gym.

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 10:38:02 pm »
Or you could just have the day off and carry on where you left off when you get back to it.   No chance I'd be working weekend to catch up. What gets done by friday gets done and what doesn't waits till next week.

Tosh

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 10:41:19 pm »
Ive always found working in dry weather tends to have a similar effect.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Shrek

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 10:54:00 pm »
I find that when I work in the rain , I get paid a lot quicker. Usually it's within 5 days or so in dry weather , in wet weather - it's been the same evening!

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 10:41:43 am »
Or you could just have the day off and carry on where you left off when you get back to it.   No chance I'd be working weekend to catch up. What gets done by friday gets done and what doesn't waits till next week.

Well if I did that with 350+ customers I'd soon get behind schedule and lose thousands over the course of a year.

Obviously I have scheduled time off for holidays (6-8 weeks a year)but the rest of the time I very rarely get behind with my workload.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 10:48:13 am »
Daz, your absolutely right there.  I worked Monday got absolutely soaked, worked Tuesday and nearly got blown over by the wind.  You know what though, this week was my best week to date.  5 Days work 7 hour days, most profitable week i've had for a long time.  Had a few walk ups, even in the rain..  2 Customers weren't happy so i said no problem if you dont want them done il do next month, they seemed fine with that.  Lots of customers actually were so impressed by the fact i was cleaning in rain and wind.  More positive than negative.  Somebody said on here think it was Nathan, you can actually work faster in the rain, for me this week i must of done to have my best week to date!

Best of all?  Weekend off too myself and no catching up to do next week  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dry Clean

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 11:20:15 am »
Some rubbish talked on here, there's no real excuse for not working in light showers or between heavy showers unless you don't need or want to but working in heavy rain and battling with your pole against the wind is a miserable way to make a living.
Granted there will be guys who have no choice pre arranged commercial is one example, but for most there will be no need unless
you've filled your round to the rafters either through greed or under priced need.

duncan h

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 11:48:39 am »
Only did 3 customers on Monday. Spent ages watching TV in the van, waiting for it to bait.
Tuesday did 14 customers. Very mixed but never stopped.
Funeral Tuesday hammered them out till 11am.

I have to pick my best customers in the rain. The one's I have had years. Got a few texts saying " don't bother its forecast rain" I wont say what I felt like saying back

Tony dunmall

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2017, 12:03:34 pm »
I love working In The rain, beats working in the hot sun

We work rain and shine the only issue on few high sites,  is the wind, too high winds this week for the 60 foot Pole,the area was to high and exposed

47 footer was okay but still a bit gusty

So few tall ones for next week

Tosh

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2017, 12:33:29 pm »
Get up. Go to work.

I never can understand the need to beat your drum on here about how working this day or that makes some irrelevant difference. Just go to work. Work if you can. Do something else if you can't.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2017, 01:22:43 pm »
it does make a difference though matt.when i was trad i reckon id lose out on 3 or 4 weeks earnings a year all together due to not working in the rain.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2017, 01:26:07 pm »
One of the main reasons for switching to wfp was the ability to work in the rain. I was tired of loosing money // days of work due to the elements. Or pacing up n down thinking its stopped and load up the van only for it to rain again etc etc.
I explained it to all my existing customers that i will now be working in rain. But the first day i did i was apprehensive but carried on. The next day one of the old dears caught me on next street and told me i was right and to crack on working in rain. Well, when an old dear who moans at spending good money tells you its ok  ;D then I gained my confidence and i never question it.
First 5 times of working in rain i had a stupid smile on face, proud as punch as i knew i was now earning in rain when others werent............. not so much smiling any more, just enduring it  ;D ;D

keep at it and soon 95% of your customers wont bat an eyelid when you turn up and clean in the rain as itll be normal practice which is just how it should be. :)

Tosh

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 01:28:00 pm »
it does make a difference though matt.when i was trad i reckon id lose out on 3 or 4 weeks earnings a year all together due to not working in the rain.

I expect it does. But not working when its sunny makes a difference too.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2017, 01:31:10 pm »
Only did 3 customers on Monday. Spent ages watching TV in the van, waiting for it to bait.

I have to pick my best customers in the rain. The one's I have had years. Got a few texts saying " don't bother its forecast rain" I wont say what I felt like saying back

dumped straight away if i get ANY texts like that mate.its not a customer i want on my books.....and they arent!(there all ex customers!) :) best way.

dumping customers like these have never stopped me from building a more profitable round.after all its all about the money.

nathankaye

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2017, 02:09:06 pm »

dumped straight away if i get ANY texts like that mate.its not a customer i want on my books.....and they arent!(there all ex customers!) :) best way.

dumping customers like these have never stopped me from building a more profitable round.after all its all about the money.

Definately dump!  but its all about educating your customers and getting people out the old fashioned thinking that you cant clean in the rain, mindset!!

So all my customers old n new get told I work in the rain.
When I first switched I was working a section of my round and it starting with the fine drizzle. House after house on this stretch of road and then the last house the customer (man) came out and asked me to leave the windows as its raining!! I again explained to him that im able to due to the investment in this equipment. He said ok but not today its raining. (Obviously its their choice) i politely told him he needs to get another cleaner one who is willing to loose his days wage when it rains then! (My choice to who i work for).

So far, not had any complaints for either working in the rain or poor quality because of being cleened in the rain!

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

jonboywalton75

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2017, 02:28:29 pm »
Working in lovely sunshine yesterday and my 95 year old custie says " hardly worth doing them today, it's going to throw it down tomorrow"
I say
Won't do them at all if u want
She laughs and I clean and get paid
If she had meant it I would've dumped her on the spot, 95 or not!!!

Marc Stock

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2017, 02:52:00 pm »
I work in all weathers, including rain. Always have done.

Only time i wont work outside is if it is lashing down sideways with high winds, that's just stupid