This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnm

What chemicals for doing soft wash
« on: June 06, 2017, 10:01:50 pm »
I've been doing a bit of pressure washing and I have recently been asked to do a soft wash to a rendered wall could someone tell me what chemicals I should use and the best method

Smudger

Re: What chemicals for doing soft wash
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 10:05:28 pm »
There is only one chemical for this

YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

( Hypo )

;D
Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

the king

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 05:18:59 pm »
benz blackwash = week hypo mix but works and also they have lots of info on there web page also have a fb page were you can ask questions

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 05:42:20 pm »
A few questions......

What does 'soft-wash' mean?

When they asked you to softwash the wall what did they mean? And did they use the term 'softwash'? .....Did they ask you to 'clean' the wall

While powerwashing a patio I offered to softwash a wall in a customers garden,  I did a test sample, below is the result after a month .... Do they want a immediate result or are they willing to wait and have a longer lasting clean?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 05:44:51 pm »
This is a softwash of a path, again this took 2 weeks to show and was a spray and leave

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 08:06:51 pm »
With all the info on the tinternet including vids easily found peeps will soon twig they don't have to pay a so say pro as can easily do it themselves.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 08:16:12 pm »
Smurf you're right, all the DIY. Stores are full of quat based sprays for outside cleaning, it's even sold on the shopping channels & in the Sunday magazines.

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 08:59:22 pm »
people can do a lot of things themselves if they learn and try but they pay others because they cant be bothered, havent got the time or have the money to burn.

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 09:14:09 pm »
With all the info on the tinternet including vids easily found peeps will soon twig they don't have to pay a so say pro as can easily do it themselves.

i disagree - I'm not out to argue but that is not clean - yes the algae has gone but without some pressure on it to remove the ground in dirt that to be is not a good standard of finish

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

johnm

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 12:38:04 pm »
Thanks for the help how much should you mix (ratio ) to water and how long before you pressure wash

Plankton

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 10:27:35 pm »
Thanks for the help how much should you mix (ratio ) to water and how long before you pressure wash
Ask the mad Frenchman!

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 10:30:43 pm »
Not wishing to be rude mike but I couldn't do a job for a customer and call that the finished result , they wouldn't accept it or pay me . Please don't be offended with what I've said but are your customers happy with that finish ? The algi may be dead but the dirt is still clearly there , shortly it's more cost effective to pressure wash it and the customer looks at it and thinks whow that looks good

Mike Halliday

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 06:31:46 am »
I agree with you, I would not normally offer this as a stand alone cleaning system, but they did'nt want the additional cost of cleaning this wall, it was over 200m long winding around thier garden and not all in the condition of this test sample.

The choice they had was leave it as it was or use the quat to give it a visual clean.

But which would stay the cleanest longest? Pressure wash it  with no residual protection or use the quat which should keep working over the coming months.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2017, 07:34:25 am »
Why is hypo used during a pressure wash job if it takes so long to work? I see some use it as a stage of pw cleaning and then rinse it off.

Is it for the lightning of the hard floor or does it dislodge some algi etc within 10 to 20 mins before the rinse?

the king

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2017, 09:52:56 am »
looks like he used ddac not hypo