This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jake

where can I buy labels?
« on: March 11, 2004, 09:31:17 pm »
Hi all........help!!!

have just been awarded cleaning contract with a large house builder. They have asked us to supply 'cleaned and checked' labels (ribbons) to seal over cleaned toilets prior to handover. We have 'phoned all over, visited all local suppliers, and spent hours on the web!!!,can't find em any where!! The nearest we've got is 'do not use' which would be okay except it is self-adhesive which is not suitable. We know someone on this great forum must be able to help....please, ta!

Jake (westclean)

Exeter, Devon

Anj

Re: where can I buy labels?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 10:58:44 pm »

Have you contacted Kimberly Clark ?

WavieDavie

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 12:16:38 am »
Try large hotel chains Jake.

Some have what you describe, but worded "Sanitised for your protection", so you feel safe using a WC that thousands have used before you.

They seem to be polythene, or paper, and sized to slip over the seat and cover together, but I'm sure they're not adhesive. Perhaps someone from these hotels could let you buy some, or tell you who their supplier is.

Failing that, how about a plastics printer? You know, the folk who do carrier bags. Give them the size you need and what text is required.

Last resort - ask the builder where they've seen, or used, them before. No, ask them first. They've obviously had this on other sites.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 12:43:14 am »
Jake

I understand your dilemma, were you advised that this would be a part of you contract if you got it? If so you should have done your homework but what Davie recommends try a hotel and find out there supplier.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

SteveTruman

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 01:07:27 am »
Jake , i use ones supplied by the company themselves, worded Do Not Use This Toilet Has Been Hygenicaly Cleaned.. I will ask where they get them. They are self adhesive, but i only tear about quarter inch off backing on each end so no trouble getting them off.

Regards

Steve

keith b

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 02:57:03 am »
Hi Jake,

Check out http://www.safetyshop.co.uk
they look to supply most signs that comply with health & safety issues, if you can`t find anything on website you can contact them via email at:
sales@safetyshop.co.uk
or guye@signsandlabels.co.uk
and im sure they can tell you where!.
good luck

P.S. - might be a idea to get your company advertised & printed on `checked & cleaned ribbon at same time?

Jake

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 06:18:19 pm »
thanks to all for the info, I have just spoken to the firms sales lady who says she doesn't like the ribbon idea and has never pushed previous cleaners to provide them!!!   :o

I personally think it's a good idea, and will follow up the suggestions as I think it would be good to have it in the van to use in the future.

Thanks again, Jake (westclean)
Exeter, Devon