This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

I note that Nathan Kaye uses 4 jets and "windowswashed" uses even more jets.

Any thoughts? Perhaps the manufacturers are doing research or have done?

It's a game of three halves!

Spruce

I note that Nathan Kaye uses 4 jets and "windowswashed" uses even more jets.

Any thoughts? Perhaps the manufacturers are doing research or have done?

Jeff Brimble used to run 4 pencil jets along to top of his brush head. But then he used to clean a window with a thimble full of water.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

paul alan

The obvious thing l suppose is more jets less pressure in each, and when l tried this many moons ago l would experience un-even pressure at the jets( possibly installer error, me)

I took them out as l they used to leak the water that was in the hose directly behind them into the van during carriage, annoying.
I suppose something to do with a broken air/water lock????? Maybe someone knows.

Tosh

Ive tried this, you can only get a certain amount of water down any hose-pipe. Its irrelevant how many jets you have in the brush if you can’t feed them the water quickly enough.

There are lots of things that affect the water flow, hose diameter, pump output and pressure, weather, number of jets, controller setting your pump runs at, hot or cold, size of pump.

What Im happiest with is dependant on if Im using hot or cold, but with cold its pump at full bore, with 6mm hose and two fan jets on a 14” brush. If I could up the output I would but with this set up Im sure Im running at maximum with a 10litre/min 100psi pump.

I saw a 15LPM pump a week or two ago, can’t remember where, that would be worth a shot, but sure we’d be needing 8mm at least.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

nathankaye

Recently ive changed how the four jets were connected to my pole hose, (standard 6mm id) and that improved the rate of flow equally through the four jets.

For me, more water being used whilst scrubing, cuts down the need for over rinsing and therefore speeds time per window being cleaned.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Tosh

But you need a sizeable pump to be able to get the water for four jets through the hose. What's the rest of your set up all about?
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

AuRavelling79

How have you set them up that is different to how you had them Nathan?

Tosh

Here's that pump I mentioned. It's not 15 LPM but 19 LPM.

http://www.chichesterpumps.co.uk/550-series-rv-pump.html

dazmond

if it aint broke.............dont try and fix it.2 jets are fine whether its pencil or fans.
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

How have you set them up that is different to how you had them Nathan?

From pole hose into a Y Push fit. Then two jets connected to a plastic Y Fitting which connected to the Y push fit x2. (Pic 1)

Changed to:        pole hose connected to a T push fit.  Then the two jets at the brush base connected together with a Y push fit which then connects to the T fittings. (Pic 2)

(Pic 1)

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

AuRavelling79

And what difference does that make to flow?

Also I notice that each pair is very close together - any reason why not spaced out more equidistantly?

Dry Clean

if it aint broke.............dont try and fix it.2 jets are fine whether its pencil or fans.

Totally agree,  as Slacky said it all about putting enough water on the glass the amount of jets wont make a difference to that.

nathankaye

And what difference does that make to flow?

Also I notice that each pair is very close together - any reason why not spaced out more equidistantly?

When i had the first set up, i had that many connections  and smaller fittings ie the plastic Y joins that i needed a high flow of around 75 upwards to give a good equal flow through all the jets.
On the simplified method of connecting, the water moves more easily and direct. So i am now finding that i have to turn the flow rate down.

The position of the jets is quite a simple answer. I simply used the pre drilled holes instead of adapting the brush. Because of a greater flow (2 jets at each side instead of just 1 jet) the distance between them doesnt hinder a good flow of water on the glass. But  then the huge majority of my work, the glass isnt hydrophobic and so a little movement side to side creates the water fall effect quite nicely.

But then i can see the advantage of using perhaps the reach it rinse bar along the brush as that resolves the issue.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Tosh

Nathan, what pump have you got feeding that? Whats the pressure, and LPM?

nathankaye

Its just the normal sureflow pump from purefreedom 100psi.
I use the all purpose yellow pole hose from gardiner and normal 8mm microbore main hose.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

duncan h

Tosh

Here's that pump I mentioned. It's not 15 LPM but 19 LPM.

http://www.chichesterpumps.co.uk/550-series-rv-pump.html

65psi

65psi should be okay with four fan jets in it you’re not likely to build up pressure.

Tosh

Its just the normal sureflow pump from purefreedom 100psi.
I use the all purpose yellow pole hose from gardiner and normal 8mm microbore main hose.

Normal, okay, but that means nothing. Whats it produce in litres per minute; there’s various sized models out there.

nathankaye

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk