Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

anybody else melted n sacked the day off?
« on: May 25, 2017, 05:15:20 pm »
As title.
Ive picked the worse colour uniform for workingbin this heat, black!
So by dinner i was melting and so called it a day.
Were fortunate my mrs doesnt work secular and is home schooling our children.
So finished and went home to spend time with family which ended in a massive fun water fight.
I have 2 days left of work and four days or so to do it in. So i can easily catch up ☺

Anybody else sacked the day off?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

AuRavelling79

Re: anybody else melted n sacked the day off?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 05:23:03 pm »
Nope.
It's a game of three halves!

Tony dunmall

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 05:33:33 pm »
No still got me winter lined trousers on LOL

Don't come off till about 30plus

andyM

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 05:44:01 pm »
Nope had to crack on, only stopped for 1/2 hour lunch break.
The inside of the van was 39 degrees at 12.30pm. 
One of the Plebs

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 05:45:07 pm »
Nope just finished....

Bits of boys I dunno ::)roll

the king

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 05:55:57 pm »
i did  8 hours in the searing  heat  ;D factor 50+ on  so not burnt to a sinder today  8)

robbo333

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 05:57:24 pm »
Crack on, I've got a connie in and out to do tomorrow  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Johnny B

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 06:24:15 pm »
Over here we get little enough of this good weather, so have to make it count when we do get it.

I don't get sunburnt, so no sun cream for me. Great to be able to look as if I have been to the equator but earning lolly while topping up the tan!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 06:39:47 pm »
Air con in the van is wonderful.
It's a game of three halves!

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 06:55:35 pm »
Haha, thinking about it i have to chuckle. I worked all last week in the rain as i usually do. But then i bunk off on a hot sunny day 😂😂

However, ive not jad much family time in last couple of weeks and the weather is supposedly turning again at the weekend. So yep, sack work for half a day for something more important.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

SB Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 07:08:58 pm »
Haha, thinking about it i have to chuckle. I worked all last week in the rain as i usually do. But then i bunk off on a hot sunny day 😂😂

However, ive not jad much family time in last couple of weeks and the weather is supposedly turning again at the weekend. So yep, sack work for half a day for something more important.
yeah...yeah

Just admit it your a big girl :-*

EandM

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 07:14:12 pm »
It's not the heat that's the problem it's the lack of time to acclimatize. Three weeks ago we had snow in Devon !

paul alan

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 07:29:40 pm »
I had two phone calls from your area today saying they need a reliable window cleaner as there current one was supposed to turn up today but didint??

Nah lm only messin lm miles away form you no doubt but you never know...........

Work days are for work and family time etc comes after work, lets not get the two mixed up mr kaye. Dont leave yourself open the possibilty of losing a good customer or two.

I have pulled these stunts in the past with the weather man telling me its going to be glorious tomorow and then the heavens have opened next day leaving me up the creak.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 07:42:49 pm »
its often an indicator of how good your health is generally when you struggle to work in hot weather.

ive had the whole week off and im not going back til next wed so ill have had 11 days off straight. ;D

ive done a freebie conny roof clean though today and cleaned the windows at my brothers large house. ;)
price higher/work harder!

rosskesava

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 07:46:03 pm »
I did one job this morning and had the rest of the day off just because I can.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

paul alan

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 07:52:00 pm »
The Stanford marshmallow experiment[1] was a series of studies on delayed gratification in the late 1960s and early 1970s led by psychologist Walter Mischel, then a professor at Stanford University. In these studies, a child was offered a choice between one small reward provided immediately or two small rewards (i.e., a larger later reward) if they waited for a short period, approximately 15 minutes, during which the tester left the room and then returned. (The reward was sometimes a marshmallow, but often a cookie or a pretzel.) In follow-up studies, the researchers found that children who were able to wait longer for the preferred rewards tended to have better life outcomes, as measured by SAT scores,[2] educational attainment,[3] body mass index (BMI),[4] and other life measures.[5]

Nathan, do you find yourself unable to wait for a cookie?

elite mike

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 08:22:57 pm »
Nope , you need to man up  ;)

colin bird

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 08:37:46 pm »
It was hot here in the south near gatwick,got all work done for the day ,but have to say I am burnt,tired and miserable but will be there again in the morning like the rest of you

nathankaye

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 09:10:58 pm »
Haha, i post about cutting my work load in half 1, because i was rather hot wearing my black heavy trousers n black polo top and 2, going home and having a water fight with my kids was more appealing and 3, because i can as i have just less than 2 days of work to do b4 end of month.

Isnt this what the beauty of being self employed is. Oh and ive been in this game long enough to enjoy these perks as well. My customers expect me on a four week rotation, not a set day unless i have specifically requested gates to be unlocked etc and obviously these would get done on those days regardless.
But my finances dont require me to bust a gut and fear of falling behind if i have half a day off or heavens forbid i decide to take a full day off!! 😂😂

Yes work is work n family time is after n all that. But my kids are home taught (not twagging school on excuse of being home taught. Also doing very well. So if this wknd the weather is going to be pants, then i have the luxury of doing family outside activities on a glorious day like today instead.
Yep, i do like my life and the occasional cookies lol 😉😉

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 09:11:57 pm »
So no one else will admit to bunking off work for half a day because they can??

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk