This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

trimanyellow

schools
« on: June 07, 2006, 10:17:23 pm »
Hi,
Can anyone give me any tips on pricing up schools??

ive got one primary school to price, average size with all the windows on the ground floor.

Do you price it the same as domestic premises???
Any help or coments would be greatly appreiciated.

Many Thanks

dave0123

Re: schools
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 10:43:08 pm »
Iv done tons of these i just quote per my hours rate of £20.00 get an idea of how long it will take price it at that and i am allways faster earning 30 to 40 an hour, but take care and look how dirty the windows are you can get round them quite fast if you pull your finger out also they dont have to be top notch work jus clean,

Dave
Dave.

Mick (UHPS)

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 10:00:39 pm »
Try and find out the quality they are looking for. 1 headmaster told me he was looking for a pucca job, frames the lot. I didnt get the job cos I was about a £10 more than the guy that did get it.

When I quoted I took my backpack and timed how long it would take to do one of the openings so that I could price realistically. 4 months later the windows have been cleaned twice but the window I cleaned still stands out above the rest. The frame is still quite clean where as the others still haven't been touched. The guy thats doing it is splash and dash. I reckon I could have quoted at about 40% of what I did and easily have got the job.
1st one I did took me 12 hours, 2nd time I did it it took 5 hrs. They do get easier.

trimanyellow

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 07:51:27 pm »
Many thanks for your advice