Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stevieg

Prolonging my window cleaning life!!!!What exercises??
« on: May 17, 2017, 02:45:18 pm »
Hi i am 58 and in reasonable nick but i am only too aware of the toll that window cleaning takes.
My friend(58) has shoulder problems and has been told by the doctor that he needs to slow down with his window cleaning work to help!! What i want to know is if we went to the gym what equipment and/or exercises would be best to help with shoulders,neck etc?
Cheers.

dd

Re: Prolonging my window cleaning life!!!!What exercises??
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 02:58:12 pm »
Yoga

andyM

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 03:04:35 pm »
Star Jumps
One of the Plebs

robbo333

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 03:16:32 pm »
I'm 52 and have just been diagnosed with Coeliac disease, so it's a change of diet for me.
Whilst i'm doing my body some good with a new diet, I thought I would also try Pilates.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Dry Clean

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 03:20:26 pm »
High dose omega 3 supplements helped with my shoulder, just be aware there are prostrate cancer risks with concentrated omega 3 especially if there's history of it in your family.

Soupy

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 03:33:31 pm »
Star Jumps

Do star jumps you you will immediately reverse time and become younger.

It's scientific fact. Pretty much.

paul alan

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 03:40:04 pm »
Keggels

Michael Peterson

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 03:45:35 pm »
shoulders require mobility, not strength, bodybuilders, (apart from the ones that, train a lot of flexability) if you cant put one hard over your back and the other under and touch your hands you can gain a lot .

i have chosen one of my favorite shoulder workouts that i promise you if you do every day for 30 days will create miricles for you. just use bands anywhere you like its short and wont interupt anything else you want to do in the gym.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YHIV4a81Os

the doctor may have come across a few shoulder injurys that they dont treat very well, a physio on the other hand will work with you and sees this stuff every day.

yoga as well if you like i love yoga and do it every day, but just for shoulders the above and yo will be golden

its all about functional stregth man, mobility and range of movement, i can  dealift 170kg at 60kg i never lift weights more than about once a week but train movement and bodyweight stuff

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 05:02:37 pm »
Does it help to wear your pants on your head  ???

andyM

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 05:05:25 pm »

Absolutely.
One of the Plebs

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 05:16:20 pm »

Even more so with pencils up your nose.
It's a game of three halves!

Michael Peterson

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 05:18:53 pm »
its essential that you do in fact

NWH

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 05:24:19 pm »
Yoga exercises are the best you need to keep flexible I wish my Mrs was as flexible as me lol 😂,this job if you don't do stretches will get you as tight as a drum after a few months. I lay-sit and do them in front on the TV every night it only takes about 10-20 minutes a day and once you get some sort of flexibility it's actually a pleasure because you can feel a good stretch no just discomfort. Hamstrings if they are tight will give you so many problems and are the cause of a lot of lower back pain though you wouldn't think it,there's lots of exercises that can be done for these whilst sitting or laying on the floor once you get into a routine of doing them it becomes second nature.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 07:29:58 am »
Hi i am 58 and in reasonable nick but i am only too aware of the toll that window cleaning takes.
My friend(58) has shoulder problems and has been told by the doctor that he needs to slow down with his window cleaning work to help!! What i want to know is if we went to the gym what equipment and/or exercises would be best to help with shoulders,neck etc?
Cheers.

what are your shoulders/traps muscles like now?mine are nice and strong due to weight training(military press,dumb bell presses,bench press,etc).

i think regular weight training 3 or 4 times a week has helped me immensely.i hardly ever get shoulder/neck strain but i also dont clean many add on jobs these days and keep my working week down to 25-30 hours a week.
price higher/work harder!

Michael Peterson

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 10:10:49 am »
strong yes mate, but if your not stretching it out after those excersises your mobility will be shot

slap bash

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 11:20:48 am »
I am 68 years young and , still going well strong. All I have changed over the years is work on the more lucrative work. I don't try to do too much work per day. It's not volume for me is pricing. I also leave Fridays free to catch up if need be. It's a numbers game the highest number I can charge.
 If you in your fifties feel stuffed you will not make the sixties. I have no pensions so have not option but work.

Soupy

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 06:04:49 pm »
strong yes mate, but if your not stretching it out after those excersises your mobility will be shot

rubbish.i never stretch before or after the gym and im fine.never felt fitter mate.5 min warm up on stationary bike to get my body temp up.thats it.
price higher/work harder!

Marc Stock

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 06:38:18 pm »
I am 68 years young and , still going well strong. All I have changed over the years is work on the more lucrative work. I don't try to do too much work per day. It's not volume for me is pricing. I also leave Fridays free to catch up if need be. It's a numbers game the highest number I can charge.
 If you in your fifties feel stuffed you will not make the sixties. I have no pensions so have not option but work.

Retirement is for wimps.
 ;D

paul alan