This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

songstress

What's the name of this particular limescale remover?
« on: June 07, 2006, 05:33:39 pm »
Hi there

Six years or so ago I used to buy a brilliant limescale remover gel.  The hardware store that stocked it closed down and I've been looking for it ever since. 
 ???
I can't remember the name of it but it came in a small black bottle (approx 8'') and had a red cap.  I could use it on metal taps and enamel baths (most surfaces).  I'd be grateful if someone knows the name or could suggest an alternative.

Thanks

The Great One

Re: What's the name of this particular limescale remover?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 07:23:42 pm »
Hi

I have had a fantastic response with viakal from Tesco.

It is a blue gel, brought my own tea, coffee stained and limescaled sink up a treat. (never seen it so white!)

Regards

Martin 8)

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 10:57:09 pm »
forget tesco..........you want hi-phos made by evans vanodine 
just dont leave it on stainless steel you can clean stainless with it just make sure you rinse it all off or it goes green (not that i was stupid enough to leave it on it) dont get it on your hands or skin either cos it burns .........
but it will get the blackest most scaled up toilet spotless

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 09:03:42 am »
no remember tesco, go for lime lite you can leave it on and it does the job lovely

nick

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 10:26:51 pm »
I got to admit actually i do use lime lite too,  but hi phos is the kiddie....if scale is really bad and you want it gone instantly with no scrubbing i use sulphuric acid drain cleaner from staples........but again be bloody careful it will melt your skin or make you go blind if you get it in your eyes.........dont try to scrub with a brush either cos it will melt......but it is good and will remove limescale on contact. WEAR GOGGLES, GLOVES, CHAIN MAIL SUIT ETC ETC ETC DONT TAKE ANY CHANCES IT IS EVIL be extremely careful to ensure that no traces of it are left behind and make sure you are insured to use it.........

sussex187

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 06:57:40 pm »
used 2 be something called vanisol which was a bewt think they banned it tho might be wrong any1 know?

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 10:32:28 pm »
vanisol...... thats for piles innit????????

sussex187

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 06:50:33 pm »
lol na thats anusol .......prob b jsut as good tho ;D