Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Deep Cleaning Solutions

Engineered Oak Wood Floor
« on: May 08, 2017, 09:41:54 am »
I have not looked at this floor yet but the customers builder sent me these photos. After speaking on the phone i thought it would be a standard wood floor sand and seal but having looked at the photos it doesn't look the case. The builder sent the photos because he thought it might be karndean but looks more like an engineered oak wood type flooring from the images.

It looks like it just needs a good clean and seal and i will know better when I see it but just trying to get a heads up on here first.

If this is an  Engineered Oak Wood Floor, what's the best way to clean it before sealing. One of my staff members is trained and experienced with wood floor sanding but has no experience on this type of floor. I have called one of my suppliers for advice and he said maybe using a ph neutral cleaning solution lightly sprayed and buffed with any kind of soft pad but I'm not sure if that will clean it enough for sealing or give the floor a key. Thanks David.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Tibi N.

Re: Engineered Oak Wood Floor
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 07:00:30 pm »
I would try neutral floor cleaner from chemspec, done it before and it works very well with soft pad. I sprayed and waited about 5-6 minutes before cleaning. After that it can be sealed.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 07:19:29 am »
Thanks ....

..... When you say soft pad do you mean something like a microfibre pad or a white polishing pad. Can you remember which pad you used.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Tibi N.

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 10:21:24 am »
Hi, red pad is maximum alowed but you can try first with white pad even if it's mostly usef for buffing/polishing. I tend to rely more on the chemical side rather than using agresive pads or brushes.
I always try 1-2 mp and move to more agresive methods only if needed. Neutral F. Cleaner from chemspec still surprise me, it works well on so many surfaces even if it is advertised for resilient floors. Just remember that dwelling time is very important. But there are more experienced guys here who can point you in the best direction.