Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

G Griffin

Biro on a leather sofa.
« on: April 30, 2017, 12:53:01 pm »
Hello,
        This is a bit of a long shot but I need some help with the above. It's a few, small black biro marks on light grey leather sofa and I want to remove them. It's nearly new.
I'm not sure how long they've been on and I don't want to cause any damage; I'll live with the pen marks first.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
           Thanks.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

scott johns

Re: Biro on a leather sofa.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 04:18:04 pm »
contact judy bass ltt leather care she will advise you on correct treatment

G Griffin

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 06:38:38 pm »
Thanks, Scott.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 07:39:49 pm »
Test the leather in an inconspicuous area, give it a good wipe with a wet cloth, see it the leather absorbs the moisture,  if it impervious to wetness then more than likely it ok to continue.

Then try wiping it off with a damp cloth ( it might be that simple)

Dip a cotton bud into a solvent then roll the head of the bud over the ink, then check for transfer.

You are trying to dissolve the ink without touching the leather, I use a very fine paint brush to apply the solvent.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

TomCrowther

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 07:49:05 pm »
This happened to me a few years back. One of my daughter's scribbled biro on a brand new settee cushion. Brown leather. I used nail polish remover (after advice) and somewhat surprisingly, the results were fantastic. Ink gone and no change to colour of leather.

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 04:18:09 am »
Thank you, Mike and Tom.
I tried a wet cloth without success. It didn't seem to absorb the moisture so I might try a solvent (nail polish remover) with a cotton bud.
Thanks again!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐