Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

iain R Jones

WFP systems
« on: April 27, 2017, 12:22:17 am »
Do you build your own system or do you buy one

Cookie

Re: WFP systems
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 12:34:40 am »
It's quite easy to build your own system (and considerably cheaper). I purchased the parts for mine from Pure Freedom.

Don Simon

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 12:42:32 am »
Depends on how good you are at plumbing and with electrics ?     IWe bought a fitted system from Purefreedom and it has ben excellent investment.    After care is superb, and nothing beats the feeeling of feeling secure in the knowlege that in the event of a crash you stand a better chance of survival with a tested fitted system.

650 litres of water heading towards me and my wife in a crash in  diy system would fill me with fear !      You have to ask how much is you're life worth ?
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 01:44:50 am »
I went down the diy route with pure freedom, 500ltr upright tank.
Contrary to the above post, mine is securely fitted in my van, but in a nasty crash i could possibly die,,,,but it wont be from my tank but from having a nasty crash. Hopefully that day will never come!
However 2 yrs into wfp i know a whole lot more and could have done it a whole lot cheaper. Only thing i would suggest is that you dont cut corners and use an ibc tank and you use carbon poles from the start
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 08:08:51 am »
Building your own is simple, you can do it mostly with second hand parts from ebay.

I bought a trolley used system, broke it down and mounted it into van.

I even made a pole from a £15 harris decorators pole from b&q, used it for like 6 months. Wouldnt swap it for my slx 27 now though.
I would like to buy one of these top of the range jobbies with all the bells and whistles, would look awesome in the van but......would the windows be any cleaner......?????? 

Answer is they cant get any cleaner than what they are today, no matter how much i spend on a system.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 09:18:12 am »
its easy and it doesnt matter if your no good at plumbing or electrics either.

tank and frame(get a local garage to fit it in your van for you).a few bits of hose and connectors,pumpbox,reel and 100m microbore.

once you have the right connectors,hose etc its really easy.

as for purifying water mines super easy (DI only due to low tap tds)
price higher/work harder!

Don Simon

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 11:53:43 am »

tank and frame(get a local garage to fit it in your van for you).a few bits of hose and connectors,pumpbox,reel and 100m microbore.

What about outside ports, or tank overflow sensor ? 
Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 12:38:55 pm »
The thing is, whis gonna look into your van or car to see what system you have. Nobody, unless you want them to, though saying that ive had a couple of customers have a neb. Mine as i said is a diy system but its a tidy van so i dont mind showing it.
Tho the point is, as long as it does the job it doesnt matter what your vehicle hides, so cheaply thrown together or a little more extra spent or a huge amount spent...who cares.......but at the working end, the brush n pole i believe do count and thats where if you can afford to, spend the money and thankfully Gardiner wont have you breaking the bank to get a descent carbon pole Slx models are great, they come with a brush and correct pole hose so you cant loose.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 06:06:55 pm »

What about outside ports, or tank overflow sensor ?

no outside ports or overflow sensor.never have.i keep reel fixed in the van and i can time it roughly how long it takes to purify my water(under 60 mins to fill my 500l tank)
price higher/work harder!

Tony dunmall

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 07:01:50 pm »
It's funny really I spent 15 years building and selling wfp systems sold over one or two systems a week for years

Yet I still got a company in to fit and install mine vans out as to be honest I cannot be bothered getting under the van anymore

I just went with what system I liked booked agreed date and went to work  in spare van whilst they fitted it out

Ironically I fitted a system out for a friend recently but I just set it in place told him where to drill he went under van did all bolting, he didn't have the finance to purchase new fitted system

colin bird

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 07:06:13 am »
Factory fitted by purefreedom,you only lose one day's work whilst system is fitted,then ready for work the next day,with no leaks or any other problems.
In my opinion I also don't think there expensive for what you get and how much money you can earn with system

NWH

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 04:12:24 pm »
If you buy one get a waterworks one they are window cleaners and they know what's needed for time saving as well as space saving,there built in electric hose reel is a brilliant idea as well as the tank shape,also good value for money.

Matt.

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 07:25:37 pm »
Build your own.

Dave Anderson

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2017, 05:29:16 pm »
If I had a wad of cash to 'Blow' then buy...if not..... build.... the truth is that its all very simple really.... but horses for courses.... :-)
The more I know the less I know I know ...