This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ronaldo

TENNIS ELBOW
« on: June 06, 2006, 05:04:05 pm »
Just recently i have developed an ache in my elbow i used to have the same problem in my right elbow when i was cleaning traditionally.

I no that is a repetative injury and i just wondered if anybody else suffers with this and does anybody have a remedy.

Many thanks Ron.   :-\
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

L plate

Re: TENNIS ELBOW
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 05:21:43 pm »
Have the same problem.

Cod liver oil and glucosamine sulphate one a day takes time to work but does help try
www. naturesbest.co.uk

You can get a jab in the joint. I’ve had three so can’t have any more.
Not as painful as some people say.  :) :)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 06:45:15 pm »
Just recently i have developed an ache in my elbow i used to have the same problem in my right elbow when i was cleaning traditionally.

I no that is a repetative injury and i just wondered if anybody else suffers with this and does anybody have a remedy.

Many thanks Ron.   :-\

I have it too.  I have only been using WFP for a few months and I believe it was brought on by WFP.
I find that acupuncture gives a certain amount of relief though I would not call it a cure.
Also, there is an excercise than can ease it sometimes.  Hard to explain in words but a physio would be able to show you.  What I do is to bend the affected arm and support the affected elbow in my other hand.  In this position, the hand is shut but not tightly.  Slowly straighten the arm out whilst opening the hand out and twisting the arm so that you end up with a straight arm, palm facing downwards and fingers stretching.  This can help to open up the elbow joint.  Sometimes, the elbow joint jumps.  If it has been aching badly, this sometimes helps.  However, better to see someone who knows what they're doing to show you face to face.   This is by no means a cure.  It's just a way of gaining some comfort and, even then, it doesn't always help.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 06:48:08 pm »
Have the same problem.

Cod liver oil and glucosamine sulphate one a day takes time to work but does help try
www. naturesbest.co.uk

The jab you mention.  Is it cortisone?

L plate

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 07:21:06 pm »
Have the same problem.

www. naturesbest.co.uk

The jab you mention. Is it cortisone?

yes, it gives a feeling of sweling for a day or so,but seamed to work well for a time after  :-\ :-\

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 09:17:14 pm »
R elastic support "bandages" any help.

dai

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 10:03:56 pm »
I used to get it when I used the backflip. I used one of those elasticated elbow supports, I think you can buy them from Boots. The Glucosamine sulphate capsules work on me too. Dai

ronaldo

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 10:45:37 pm »
Thanks for your replys chaps.

cybersye

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 08:35:01 pm »
i suffered from this too, had the injection that worked for a while, but it came back, was given a special support for tennis elbow from the nhs physio it applies pressure on the top of the forearm just below the elbow, it worked really well for me, though it was a bit cheap and flimsy so i did a search on the net and bought a more supportive one, cant remember where from now but no more elbow problem, i still wear it on occasions if I'm doing a long or hard day just to prevent it flaring up again
It may sound obvious, but I've learnt to try and use my left and right arms equally with wfp, so I'll either end up pain free or with 2 knackered elbows! ::)

neil100

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 07:44:27 am »
Do you pull the pole of the window to rinse?

In Jan this year I hardley slept due to pain and swelling in my hands and golfers elbow. I had started wfp.

Tennis elbow effects the outside of the elbow, Golfers elbow the inside of the elbow.

The higher you go the more stress you put on the joint.

I am now cured and have been for several months.

The cure, I switched from vikan brushes to Gazas brushes. I do not pull off to rinse and the pole is so much lighter to use as Gazas brushes are about 6oz lighter then a vikan, and at hight you can multiple the wight effect threefold. As soon has I started to use the brushes my problems started to recede. I also grip the pole very lightley.

I used blueease cream from holland and barratts to rub on the joint when it was a problem. The cream contains emua oil which as the ability to penetrate the skin and reach the joints that are inflamed, it helped.

I also wore a wrist and elbow support which also helped, though I dont use it anymore.

Hope the above helps and good luck.

Nel.

ronaldo

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 05:01:13 pm »
Yes Neil i do pull the pole away from the window to rinse off, and the ache is on the outside.

Cheers Ron.

JohnL

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 05:38:34 pm »
cor blimey!

here I am moving slowly into a small WFP backpack outfit and worrying about bringing back my old golfers elbow, inflaming the bad back, getting a resurgence of stiff neck and aching knees and now you guys are making a strong hint I may get tennis elbow!

what going on?

have I anything else to look forward to?  :)

;D    ;D    ;D    ;D

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 05:41:42 pm »
cor blimey!

here I am moving slowly into a small WFP backpack outfit and worrying about bringing back my old golfers elbow, inflaming the bad back, getting a resurgence of stiff neck and aching knees and now you guys are making a strong hint I may get tennis elbow!

what going on?

have I anything else to look forward to?  :)

;D    ;D    ;D    ;D

JohnL

Yes.  Customers who think they know more about window cleaning methods than their window cleaner.

cybersye

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 05:53:03 pm »
just remebered, when i suffered from it doctor also perscribed a cream made from chilli peppers(really) and after applying it to the elbow for several days it numbs the nerve endings that cause the pain, it really worked for me

brett walker

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2006, 11:05:41 pm »
Hi all

do these creams really work and which is the best one?

regards

Brett

pjulk

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2006, 11:30:29 pm »
I brought Deep Heat cream when i hurt my wrist using WFP and apart from feeling warm it didn't do anything else.

Paul

texas girl

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 02:33:18 am »
I had this same condition for a few years; it made me re-think my whole window cleaning plan.

I began to sub contract out directly as a result of tennis elbow. My fingers began to tingle and my forearm ached. I alleviated some of this by using my left arm more but it was this condition that told me something had to change. This is the main reason I began to sub out.

12 years later I manage 100%. I have 7 subcontractors that do the labor.  I cleaned for 15 years myself.

There are forearm exercises you can do that help. I would suggest research. Cortizone shots are temporary; rest is the best thing you can do if possible.

The condition is called "tendonittis". Inflamation of the tendon in the foremarm due to repeated stress. You can wear a support that keeps the tendon from moving excessively. And take an anti-inflamitory drug such as aspirin or  naproxin sodium (advil).

It takes a week or so to make the inflamed tendon feel better but it does help. Exercises, medication, a support to keep the tendon from moving, and rest. Re-evaluate the method that is causing the strain and change it.

Hope this helps;

Hugs,

Texas Girl   :-*
Debbie

JM123

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2006, 03:35:39 am »
I played tennis for northern ireland when I was younger so I know all about tennis elbow - it is caused by impact induced vibrations, it affects the elbow through to the fingers and symptons can last for up to 2 years, best thing is rest, plenty of Glucosaminesulphate and omega 3/5 oils.  Most likely you have strained your elbow tendons which is pretty painful too but should recover in 6 to 8 weeks.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

ronaldo

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2006, 09:53:45 am »
JM, been wearing a strap for the last week only when at work though and it seems to be helping but the pain is still there, but not as bad, so hopefully its on the mend.

JM123

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2006, 01:19:17 pm »
Try Glocosaminesulphate, its fantastic stuff for joints
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I