Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Deep Cleaning Solutions

Makeup stains on carpet
« on: March 30, 2017, 10:01:02 am »
What are you guys using for makeup at the moment?

One of my workers has asked me to do a bit of research. He's a bit of a perfectionist and even though the customers are happy he gets a little frustrated with the results on makeup sometimes. I think we have Prochem solvex and citrus gel in stock but was wondering if any of you had good results with anything else. Years ago I used to use a combination of isopropyl, low odour white spirit and acetone which worked out far cheaper than solvex and at least just as good. Maybe worth trying that comb again!
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

clive ware

Re: Makeup
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 11:25:39 am »
Solvex is probably the best product you can get on make up, Citrus gel very limited.

Hilton

Re: Makeup
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 12:47:59 pm »

Hector uses eyeliner, red lip stick and thick foundation cream he swears by Younique , hope this helps  ;D

Deep Cleaning Solutions

Re: Makeup stains on carpet
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 01:52:01 pm »
Hector uses eyeliner, red lip stick and thick foundation cream he swears by Younique , hope this helps

I see what you did there lol  ;D
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

john martin

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 08:29:32 pm »

One of my workers has asked me to do a bit of research. He's a bit of a perfectionist and even though the customers are happy he gets a little frustrated with the results on makeup sometimes. I think we have Prochem solvex and citrus gel in stock but was wondering if any of you had good results with anything else. Years ago I used to use a combination of isopropyl, low odour white spirit and acetone which worked out far cheaper than solvex and at least just as good. Maybe worth trying that comb again!

i use nothing but the three u mention  , in concentrated form they are more effective than a blend of branded product solvents ... on a specific makeup stain  , but u do need all three especially acetone and white spirit  . 
and hair bleach for the fake tan  :0

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 10:43:08 pm »
John

Can you remember where you get your carpet dye from?

john martin

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 11:09:15 pm »
Hi Shaun ,  for the small 50g containers .. if you search  ' acid dye feathers ' on ebay there is lots to choose from .
About two years ago i got to do a hotel that had brown nylon carpets all dotted with bleach spots from the cleaning staff over the years ( it seems very susceptible to bleaching anyway )    so i needed a large amount of dye , so i found Cobb carpet supply in the states sells 1lb containers for about 14usd ,   i got a few primary colours there .
I dont do a lot of dying , i def not proficient in it , although it would be nice to be .  I am a chancer though so il usually do something to remove or disguise a permanent stain .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 05:23:59 pm »
Thanks John

Momo1510

Re. Training courses (Glasgow area) - carpet cleaning
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 11:56:51 am »
Hi

Does anyone have a contact for carpet cleaning - training course
In Glasgow or West of Scotland area.

Thanks
Maureen

neil 47

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 02:46:27 pm »
Distance wouldn't be my criteria for training .

Jamie Pearson Cupar
Uk cleaning systems should be able to help you
IICRC

Steve_Knight

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 12:14:23 pm »

i use nothing but the three u mention  , in concentrated form they are more effective than a blend of branded product solvents ... on a specific makeup stain  , but u do need all three especially acetone and white spirit  . 

Hi John
Where do you purchase these from on concentrated form?

Cheers Steve

john martin

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 08:23:09 pm »

Hi John
Where do you purchase these from on concentrated form?

Cheers Steve
Hi Steve , i get acetone and isopropyl from mistral chemicals , there are other sources though , low odour white spirit B&Q
What i meant by concentrated was ...  if you hit a makeup stain with the right solvent for that particular makeup its just dissolves instant ...  where as some of the stain removal products like solvall might contain a smaller percentage of a mixture of solvents , so it can deal with many types of makeup stain .... buy imo it may be slower to remove that stain than hitting it with the specific solvent that works best .

John Kelly

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 03:06:22 pm »
Johns correct, most proprietory stain removal solvents are blends to enable them to tackle numerous types of staining. Still variations in the blends as there are many permutations of stains which react to different solvents. I had 7 or 8 different solvents in my kit when we were tackling British Gas stains as they used all sorts of sealers and liquid gaskets.

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 06:08:22 pm »
John,what percent acetone do you buy in Mistral..

john martin

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 07:40:44 pm »
John,what percent acetone do you buy in Mistral..
Hello Brendan , its about 99.5%  ,   i get a box of six or twelve one liters as they are easier to handle and im less likely to spill them , they last me ages .

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2017, 06:46:09 pm »
Hey John, my favorite solvent spotter is Prochem's Solvall. Anything in Mistral thats similar.

john martin

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2017, 08:12:12 pm »
Hey John, my favorite solvent spotter is Prochem's Solvall. Anything in Mistral thats similar.

Hey ,  as far as i can see solvall would be closly related to odourless white spirit , ie petroleum naphtha 
I dont see a similar product in mistrals seperate chemical section  ...   but on their premade products site ,they have a product call solvent engine degreaser which may well be a petroleum derived  mix .
If you go through mistrals solvent chemical list , just about all of them could be used for spotting in the right situations , if you got one of each you could make an epic solvent spotting kit like John Kelly mentioned above ,  but really if you talking just makeup al i ever need to reach for is the white spirit and acetone .

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2017, 10:05:24 pm »
I would agree with John.

Mistral's products are really good, a fraction of the Price of the equivalent product sold by the carpet cleaning products manufacturers.

And they come in concentrate form.

It was Doug Holloway , a moderator, who put me onto looking "outside the box" . Doug in a former life was a chemist and definitely knew what he was talking about,

I followed his advice and found my stain removing moved up t o a far better level of success.

Rog

Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

John Kelly

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2017, 11:04:23 am »
We used to by products from Mistral but they sent us a batch of mislabelled what was supposed to be Leather Cleaner. Whatever it was it was PH 12. Their response was pathetic. I would never touch them again after that.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2017, 08:27:53 pm »
Before buying any strong solvents etc. The best thing you can do is go on a advanced stain removal course.

I've always found make up very easy to remove.