Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

windowswashed

Too many readers, not enough posters
« on: March 21, 2017, 07:19:55 pm »
Don't come on here as often as in the past but wow this site has really gone downhill. Posted up some comments last week and no one has replied after any of my comments, that's shocking.
Looked at the statistics for users online today 90 users and 270 guests. That means only 25% or 1 in 4 are getting involved in this site. For the absent quiet ones who never comment only read, it's about time you get involved instead of leaving it up to everyone else otherwise this site will disappear in time which would be a shame as it has been a good source for many things. Use it or lose it, your choice  :-\

Lee Pryor

Re: Too many readers, not enough posters
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 07:30:12 pm »
Lots of people have been driven off here. Every time I post, whatever I'm talking about gets torn to pieces. Nothing wrong with one man bands but if you have a larger business or goals to that effect you are driven away, insulted, abused ect. The moderators do absolutely nothing about it hence the forum has declined big time. If the moderators banned that sort of abuse and generally unkind behaviour the quality would increase here. I read every day but almost never post. There's a lot I could help people with here but every time I think about posting I remind myself not to bother.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

the king

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 07:32:08 pm »
to be fair it can be a bit clicky on here every one say's the same on other forums ,that is probly y not as many post on here

keyser soze

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 07:36:46 pm »
i agree with lee . I've learned a lot from reading stuff off here but seems overrun by the same voices . 

p1w1

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 07:45:11 pm »
The forum has always been the same really its not going down hill, Ive been on here for over 10 years people come and people go. The problem is the same questions get asked over and over and there really isn't nothing new to talk about its not like wfp is new  anymore were people were discovering a new way of cleaning windows there was loads to discuss etc.
If people actually used the search function then half the questions wouldn't need answering in the first place and you would have a much quieter forum with few post's but ive always found if you do post a question or similar then you more then likely get a helpful reply within a couple of hours  . If a newbie comes on and ask's about setting up etc then they always get helpful replies and half the time you dont even get a thanks from them.

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 08:01:04 pm »
It's pretty slow on here compared to tother forum. Full of sarcasm and not a lot of useful posts but it's got a weird appeal.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 09:02:28 pm »
It has gone down the pan in the last few years. A few who are all too eager and too desperate to constantly reiterate how good they are and how much money they earn etc etc. Exploit any and every opportunity to do so just lessens the appeal and adds to the monotony!

It used to be great when you could discuss gear and stuff without some jumped up wannabe tw*t turning it onto a business/professionalism/money debate!
Comfortably Numb!

Tosh

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 09:08:08 pm »
Post a decent thread then Peavey Wolfgangbanger, start the ball rolling.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

8weekly

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 10:01:01 pm »
It has gone down the pan in the last few years. A few who are all too eager and too desperate to constantly reiterate how good they are and how much money they earn etc etc. Exploit any and every opportunity to do so just lessens the appeal and adds to the monotony!

It used to be great when you could discuss gear and stuff without some jumped up wannabe tw*t turning it onto a business/professionalism/money debate!
You keep coming back though when you get banned.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 10:15:41 pm »
Lots of people have been driven off here. Every time I post, whatever I'm talking about gets torn to pieces. Nothing wrong with one man bands but if you have a larger business or goals to that effect you are driven away, insulted, abused ect. The moderators do absolutely nothing about it hence the forum has declined big time. If the moderators banned that sort of abuse and generally unkind behaviour the quality would increase here. I read every day but almost never post. There's a lot I could help people with here but every time I think about posting I remind myself not to bother.

If you don't report posts then the moderators can do little about abusive posts unless they happen upon them.
It's a game of three halves!

Tosh

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 11:10:18 pm »
 But there's a world of difference between posts that warrant being deleted or modified or the poster banned and posts that discourage others from posting simply through ignorant, rude or caustic responses.

Peavey What'shisface is whining on about how the forum used to be better but he he's a classic example of someone causing ructions and stirring up trouble because he doesn't like someone's posts. He's one of those sour faced individuals who decides that someone doing well equates to someone bragging.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 12:17:12 am »
i agree with lee . I've learned a lot from reading stuff off here but seems overrun by the same voices . 
It's pretty slow on here compared to tother forum. Full of sarcasm and not a lot of useful posts but it's got a weird appeal.
to be fair it can be a bit clicky on here every one say's the same on other forums ,that is probly y not as many post on here

Ive not been on here for that great a length of time and i have to agree it seems to be mostly the same ones commenting or starting threads. BUT without these ones this forum would be dead because no one else seems to be contributing. Its ok saying its the same voices.......well contribute and add to the voices.

People need to man up at times, yes its got sarcasm and yes ive been at the receiving end, but i like to think ive been able to put some out there as well. I take it as harmless fun and a way of passing time on a lunch break or to break up the run of window after window after window. Other forums are full of swearing at each other, i know as im on some of them. But really, should people get a bit too touchy over a bit of banter.
Theres alot to be learnt from this forum, ive learnt and made slight changes to how i work due to it. I also try to help with advice. However there is a search tool available if ones want to use it rather than free spooning with no gratitude afterwards and so rightly or wrongly can be met with a little sarcasm.

I learnt that typing so fast n soo much waffle i cant be bothered to scroll to the top and check my typing. If ones choose to pick fault with spelling rather than content so be it.......i should check, but on this forum does it really matter, not really. I leave myself open to comments but then i dont choose to change it so i cant then start moaning over a bit of sarcasm. Neither should others if they stop n think about it
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Jonny Swirljet

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 06:59:49 am »
I feel that windowswashed is describing the bullying element who post negative remarks to innocent and genuine enquiries on this site. Why don't we become an  Autonomous Collective and police this sort of behaviour?

Perfect Windows

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 08:04:38 am »
I've posted five times in the last seven months.  Two items for sale, an offer of a spare part, a job going free and one question.

It becomes dull when any bit of advice or information is taken to be bragging, insulting, goading or just fair game for a snide remark so it's easier to give up.  Much simpler just to read.  Despite having run for seven years I still learn plenty (I've changed something we do within the past couple of months based on advice from here) but my general posting days are over.  I know several other posters off-site and they all say similar things; they have all turned to reading, not posting.

There's another (very civil) forum hidden away somewhere for franchisors.  A regular comment when anyone on there also posts on here (and predictably ends up being shouted down) is "What on Earth were you thinking, posting on CIU?"  Any post on here suggesting that you see WC as a business is fair game to the hyaenas.

If I were the site owner I'd moderate by canning any post that attacked the poster rather than what the poster had said.  There's a huge gulf between "I think what you said is wrong because..." and "You're annoying/an idiot/a bragger/cretinous".

A quick look at the past ten days gives about 66 posts.  Last year (same period, same search) 70, previously 122, 189, 206, 210, 296.  The site will be dead soon.  There's a price  for allowing it to become an unpleasant place to be.

Vin

PS It's hilarious that one of the worst offenders on this site is so lacking in self-awareness.  (Doubtless he'll think I'm talking about someone else.)

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2017, 08:18:59 am »
I've posted five times in the last seven months.  Two items for sale, an offer of a spare part, a job going free and one question.

It becomes dull when any bit of advice or information is taken to be bragging, insulting, goading or just fair game for a snide remark so it's easier to give up.  Much simpler just to read.  Despite having run for seven years I still learn plenty (I've changed something we do within the past couple of months based on advice from here) but my general posting days are over.  I know several other posters off-site and they all say similar things; they have all turned to reading, not posting.

There's another (very civil) forum hidden away somewhere for franchisors.  A regular comment when anyone on there also posts on here (and predictably ends up being shouted down) is "What on Earth were you thinking, posting on CIU?"  Any post on here suggesting that you see WC as a business is fair game to the hyaenas.

If I were the site owner I'd moderate by canning any post that attacked the poster rather than what the poster had said.  There's a huge gulf between "I think what you said is wrong because..." and "You're annoying/an idiot/a bragger/cretinous".

A quick look at the past ten days gives about 66 posts.  Last year (same period, same search) 70, previously 122, 189, 206, 210, 296.  The site will be dead soon.  There's a price  for allowing it to become an unpleasant place to be.

Vin

PS It's hilarious that one of the worst offenders on this site is so lacking in self-awareness.  (Doubtless he'll think I'm talking about someone else.)

I assume in the main you're referring to Slacky's and 8 weekly's constant berating of Solar Steve?
Comfortably Numb!

8weekly

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 08:33:04 am »

Vin

I assume in the main you're referring to Slacky's and 8 weekly's constant berating of Solar Steve?
;D

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 08:35:33 am »
That's our industry.

The same applies to the number of window cleaning vans purchased. You see them out and about and very quickly they dissappear.  ;D ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Tosh

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 08:40:12 am »

Vin

;D

Yea.

Ian101

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 08:47:28 am »
I used to post a hell of a lot and start lots of topics - think I used to be in top 3 for starting posts ( these stats now hidden for over a year - no idea why ? ) but to be honest nowadays too busy to post so that's about 40% of why Ive not and noticed the forum went sour / nasty about 18 months ago so that's the other 60% as cba with it all and not just me by the looks of things

Solar Steve

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2017, 09:10:21 am »
+1

I had a year off and am back due to our expansion. Expansion is not allowed it would seem.  See Bungles thread about his growth to see my further thoughts.