This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tom20001

Benz softwash
« on: March 20, 2017, 11:24:39 am »
Ive been using the products for about 3months now. The biocidal wash i find to be excellent.

However the blackwash i cannot say the same about. Mixing it at 1:10 i found to have little to effect on moderate black staining. 1:5 an improvement but takes an awful lot of treatments and scrubbing to remove the black algae/lichen still .

Opinions lads?

Matt.

Re: Benz softwash
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 11:48:27 am »
Am not sure of the mix % of black wash but I understand it's about 2-5% when u buy it, if u then dilute it to 1/10 it's not guna be very strong mix.
Hypo wen bought in the barrell is at 15% strength so mixing this 1/10 would give u approx same mix as black wash as it comes.
With hypo as we buy it, is not guna pass any on site h&s but black wash does.

If I am pressure washing and using hypo I will dilute it 1/3 and use it in areas required

tom20001

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 11:53:11 am »
Also lads out of interest what way do ypu treat fibre cement roof slates?

Biocidal wash or blackwash?

tom20001

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 08:16:18 pm »
Am not sure of the mix % of black wash but I understand it's about 2-5% when u buy it, if u then dilute it to 1/10 it's not guna be very strong mix.
Hypo wen bought in the barrell is at 15% strength so mixing this 1/10 would give u approx same mix as black wash as it comes.

If I am pressure washing and using hypo I will dilute it 1/3 and use it in areas required

What type of store do you buy the hypo in matt and how much is it? Benz blackwash defo seems to be a bit of a farce as from what ive seen with it it needs to be used very close to concentrate and at that rate is very expensive

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 08:31:20 pm »

What type of store do you buy the hypo in matt and how much is it? Benz blackwash defo seems to be a bit of a farce as from what ive seen with it it needs to be used very close to concentrate and at that rate is very expensive

Blackwash is a 10% hypo/soap mix. You just dilute it down as per directions on the label.
https://www.benzsoftwash.com/pages/benz-blackwash

tom20001

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 09:00:33 pm »

Blackwash is a 10% hypo/soap mix. You just dilute it down as per directions on the label.

As i said initially smurf ive diluted it exactly  as instructions by benz and on blackwash results very average

Biocidal wash completely different and results have been excellent

Smurf

Re: Benz softwash New
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 11:07:46 pm »

As i said initially smurf ive diluted it exactly  as instructions by benz and on blackwash results very average

Biocidal wash completely different and results have been excellent

Benz suggest when using blackwash to apply two applications with a rinse in between. I can only assume they say this to keep it within 2% max  for gov approval of use. Still like you say it makes hard work on bad areas when a stronger hypo mix works much faster.