This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

Kapre Canvassing? Any good?
« on: March 11, 2017, 03:08:30 pm »
I know it's probably been said on here before, but can anybody who has used them please tell me of your experience with them, whether it was good or bad.  Yes i know there are other canvassing companies out there, but literally every company is booked for over a year, so that just wont do i'm afraid.

Spoken to the guy and he seems really nice and genuine and like he has a good business that he is running.

Obviously the best review i can get though is off anybody on here who have already used them before pleaseeeee

danke schoen

:D :D

bobplum

Re: Kapre Canvassing? Any good?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 05:32:39 pm »
someone i know used them and they did get the volume of work he asked for but the problem was it was spread over a wider area than was asked for.
This meant there was travelling involved and instead of being compact it was spread out, he reckons he as about 30% left from the original amount

dave f

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 06:28:37 pm »
i have not used these guys but know some one who as bought a round from them was told it was a well established  round turns out that all of it was cleaned once only make of that what you will

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 06:49:25 pm »
Used them twice and have them booked in for later this year.  Needless to say I'm happy enough.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 12:17:52 pm »
Used them twice and have them booked in for later this year.  Needless to say I'm happy enough.

Adam, was the quality of work they got for you good?  Ideally i need to hear some more good things about them before my mind is made up really, as upto now only mainly heard things that are not so good.

duncan h

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 05:51:45 pm »
My friend said they ripped him off. No idea why. Think he bought a round off them

Mick Kent

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 07:14:03 pm »
I know some good guys if anyone needs work in London or Kent  ;)

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 08:02:02 pm »

do these people cover Essex and Chelmsford  ?

david mark

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 10:52:07 pm »
I used them they over priced  All the houses  by 50 % lost most of them or had to drop the price of nearly all the houses to keep them

Shrek

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 07:39:42 am »
I used them they over priced  All the houses  by 50 % lost most of them or had to drop the price of nearly all the houses to keep them

Why did you have to drop the price? Did the custys agree a price with kapre and then tell you it's too much?

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 07:42:18 am »
they  canvassed my work one day a few years ago.they even  left a card in my van next to my hose reel! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Scrimble

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 01:46:02 pm »
I used kapre and his team in the summer last year, very professional and did what he said he would do, currently have about 35-40 percent of what was originally canvassed (this includes walk ups so the original canvassed work actually under 30 percent),  lots of cancels, bad payers and messers, had to write off hundreds of pounds worth of money owed from work done due to non payers. not kapres fault but this is what happens with canvassed work. I wouldn't use any canvasser again the retention rate is poor.

I remember speaking to a few customers at the first clean who seemed good then turned into messers shortly after,

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 05:21:36 pm »
I used kapre and his team in the summer last year, very professional and did what he said he would do, currently have about 35-40 percent of what was originally canvassed (this includes walk ups so the original canvassed work actually under 30 percent),  lots of cancels, bad payers and messers, had to write off hundreds of pounds worth of money owed from work done due to non payers. not kapres fault but this is what happens with canvassed work. I wouldn't use any canvasser again the retention rate is poor.

I remember speaking to a few customers at the first clean who seemed good then turned into messers shortly after,

This is pretty much bang on my experience of canvassed work.

I've used kapre and will conine to do so as they are by far the best I've used for prices and professionalism.

I've used a few other canvasser and I've canvassed work myself before.

Too many people have over the top expectations of canvassers and this is what gives it a bad name

It is not possible to have 1000 of work canvassed by you or anybody and retain that work 1 year down the line. Retention longterm is totally pot luck on the customers you happen to have picked up.

In my experience it will go something like this.

600 of work.canvassed, 500 quid goes ahead on the first clean. Out of these a couple won't pay. Another couple will cancel immediately and a couple you'll have to drop won't pay online etc. The next clean you might do 400 and so on.  I would say 25% retention a year down the line isn't bad, youve made your money back after a few cleans and now they start to make you money.

Canvassing itself is a lottery but kapre are as good as any company, they won't rip you off and will do as you ask.  I specify no terraced, no council and no through the house jobs. That's what they deliver, the pricing they get is very good for the area and I will continue to use them.

If you buy a round you might be paying 5-6 times, canvassing probably works out the same but it's work on your terms not someone else's.

Leeds

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 06:23:51 am »
25%!!! Flippin heck, I'll go canvass myself. At least then I can tell messers from day one, I'll sign them up and never do them. Get them out the way immediately.

So  if they canvass you £1000, you pay them £2000? And eventually only retain around £250? But you paid £2k?

paul alan

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 06:37:36 am »
No mate 3k! Plus expenses in some cases

Marc Stock

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 07:13:09 am »
To be honest, anyone can knock on a door and ask if they want a window cleaner. OK I know some are simply too busy or just not inclined to do canvassing, but those retention rates are terrible arnt they?

For me I don't regard anyone as a propper customer untill I have cleaned them for at least 1 year. So unfortunately if I used a canvassing company I wouldn't be paying anything until a year had elapsed and I'm sure they wouldn't like that.  ;D

So.. I do it myself.

Johnny B

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 07:42:15 am »
I have nothing against canvassing companies per se, but have always done my own canvassing for the following reasons:

1. I am meeting every  potential customer face to face so both parties get a first impression..

2. Business is discussed and agreed first hand.

3. I am choosing where and when  I want to canvass.

4. Retention rate seems to be better according to  others' experiences.

5. It's free!

John.

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Stoots

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 07:44:40 am »
Retention  rates will vary because the people who answer the door vary. You could gate all great customers or all crap customers but usually a mix.

In my experience having used at least 4 diff canvassers and done it myself and paid local lads to help me that a year down the line I would expect to retain anything from 25-75% from canvassed work.

But what you guys are forgetting in your calculations is this.

You pay 3k for 1200 of work.
You clean 1000 the first time
Second time maybe 900
Third maybe 800
Fourth maybe 700

There's your money back. Now you are in profit from this point on. Its called investment. And it's the first 2-3 cleans where most who are going to drop out do so. The rate of drop offs dramatically reduces after the first 2-3 cleans. Remember you haven't had to go out and bang these doors yourself you've simply taken some money invested it and then a later point you get a return on that investment.

Another way to look at it is that you are investing time not money in reality.  It takes you extra hours to do the extra work and go through the process to get the end result of having more customers. You get the money invested back but not the time. If you do it yourself you invest the time also but I don't like canvassing so would rather clean than canvass.

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2017, 07:46:50 am »
I have nothing against canvassing companies per se, but have always done my own canvassing for the following reasons:

1. I am meeting every  potential customer face to face so both parties get a first impression..

2. Business is discussed and agreed first hand.

3. I am choosing where and when  I want to canvass.

4. Retention rate seems to be better according to  others' experiences.

5. It's free!

John.

This is fantastic and its all true and good.

BUT it misses out the most important  reason why it's not possible for some people to do themselves.

Which is because they hate it so much they would rather fork out thousands for someone else to do it.

Mick Kent

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 07:58:51 am »

do these people cover Essex and Chelmsford  ?

Hell no!