This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Marc Stock

Re: Knock backs
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 08:45:52 am »
I had a chain of total garages back in 2010, started off in central london at 5am and finished in Portsmouth at 11pm.  £20 per garage, 30 odd garages  all cash, monthly cleans. Then total sold of to gerald ronson at rontec who subsequently divided up the business into independent outlets with shell, bp and esso. By 2013 i had none left. Its the way it goes.

NWH

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 04:12:57 pm »
I remember around 10 years ago I was speaking to a lady who's husband was a windy and she said to me are you domestic only the real big monies in commercial you know,I said yeah but it's getting cut throats these days. She said her husband cant wait to get to work coz of what he's earning lol,3-4 years later £400 jobs were getting cleaned for 150 lol,in the early 2000s some people were earning a fourtune cleaning windows till most companies starting using national cleaning companies.

Marc Stock

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 04:23:44 pm »
I remember around 10 years ago I was speaking to a lady who's husband was a windy and she said to me are you domestic only the real big monies in commercial you know,I said yeah but it's getting cut throats these days. She said her husband cant wait to get to work coz of what he's earning lol,3-4 years later £400 jobs were getting cleaned for 150 lol,in the early 2000s some people were earning a fourtune cleaning windows till most companies starting using national cleaning companies.

That happened to me, i had alot of commercial work in the peak of 2005 by 2007, the bottom fell out of the market. One job i used to do in london made me over £600 in a morning...it was nuts. Now i know that same job is being done for £90 .

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 06:25:45 pm »
you can still make a good living window cleaning but without the  rip off prices  you guys used to charge!  ;D

there comes a time where pricing too high will bite you on the bum.theres no need to be greedy.price fair for both you and the customer.
price higher/work harder!

G Griffin

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2017, 07:29:07 pm »

That happened to me, i had alot of commercial work in the peak of 2005 by 2007, the bottom fell out of the market. One job i used to do in london made me over £600 in a morning...it was nuts. Now i know that same job is being done for £90 .
So that's a Stock market crash?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐