This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

every account is like a first clean!
« on: March 01, 2017, 06:06:17 pm »
hard work at present.windows are absolutely filthy and most are 4 weekly(albeit a week late).

also had a few customers ringing/texting to see if ill get round sooner than usual.no chance at the moment!! >:( ;D

i dont know whether its worse as im using cold pure now but windows are taking a fair bit longer to clean on some accounts. ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

dave f

Re: every account is like a first clean!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 07:46:36 pm »
sounds like you are going hot again ive a eco temp 5l I will sell you daz 8month old ive up rated to a 10ltr

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 07:49:13 pm »
Same here Dazmond , Windows are filthy after storm Doris - swings and roundabouts and all that

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 07:57:48 pm »
My fastar 8l sprung a water leak today. Must have been working it to hard. lol

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 08:58:48 pm »
sounds like you are going hot again ive a eco temp 5l I will sell you daz 8month old ive up rated to a 10ltr

i wouldnt put another gas boiler in the van now mate after the scare i had the other week.ill just have to rinse and scrub a bit more. ;D

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 09:07:27 pm »
Can't say I've noticed. I dont pay that much attention, just scrub, rinse and go.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 09:46:26 pm »
Can't say I've noticed. I dont pay that much attention, just scrub, rinse and go.

you havent noticed the windows dirtier than usual?and you dont pay much attention when cleaning? ;D

trippyboy

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 10:00:12 pm »
Daz why don't you go the diesel heater route?

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 10:26:35 pm »

for the cost i dont think its worth it mate.initial installation,ongoing running costs(diesel,servicing etc).plus ill be getting a brand new van every 5 years from now on.

im already spending over 10k a year on expenses,taxes and insurances before ive even made a single penny in profit.you gotta draw the line somewhere as a sole trader.

cold water works just fine.the time saved and added cleaning ability of hot water is marginal.not enough difference to justify the extra cost of a pro diesel heater IMO.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 06:49:09 am »

for the cost i dont think its worth it mate.initial installation,ongoing running costs(diesel,servicing etc).plus ill be getting a brand new van every 5 years from now on.

im already spending over 10k a year on expenses,taxes and insurances before ive even made a single penny in profit.you gotta draw the line somewhere as a sole trader.

cold water works just fine.the time saved and added cleaning ability of hot water is marginal.not enough difference to justify the extra cost of a pro diesel heater IMO.
I installed a fastar 8l a week or so back and i think it's great....I think hot cleans a lot better :)

Marc Stock

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 07:42:34 am »

This is why im going ltd.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 07:52:07 am »
you wont save any time over the course of a day though using gas heated hot water.dont forget you have change gas bottles(i could waste up to 30 mins driving to and from the place i used to exchange bottles) and the extra faff(remembering to drain the heater down properly at the end of the day during cold spells).your brushes need changing more often too.

gas heaters are not safe,then theres the insurance issue and extra expense in gas.(£500-£600 a year)over the course of 5 years thats £2500-£3000.enough for a luxury holiday for two! ;D

if you have a gas  leak you ll change your mind too.it was a scary experience.

you wont make any more money than you normal do either.

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 07:53:17 am »

you havent noticed the windows dirtier than usual?and you dont pay much attention when cleaning? ;D

Pretty much.

I mean downstairs I would notice but anything could be happening on upstairs windows. I'm usually squinting or looking the other way with this winter sun.

andyM

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 08:03:24 am »

Have your eyebrows started to grow back yet Daz?
One of the Plebs

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 08:12:41 am »

Have your eyebrows started to grow back yet Daz?

no ive drawn them on for now! ;D

Dry Clean

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 08:35:15 am »
Do you actually need hot Dazmond ? put it this way I scrub/agitate twice and finish with a quick rinse  hot wont change that
so there will be no saving on time, what I'm really saying is the hot wouldn't be on the glass long enough to make a difference.
As for cleaning better, I will leave that one for my customers to decide so far they're happy enough.
There will be guys where hot may benefit working on the coast would be one example maybe certain add on jobs would be another but I would say for a lot its nothing more than a parts per billion machine.

Smurf

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 09:27:09 am »

I installed a fastar 8l a week or so back and i think it's great....I think hot cleans a lot better :)

Could not agree more SB as  hot most defo cleans a lot better than cold.

Dry Clean

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 09:42:05 am »

This is a bit of a silly statement, I don't think anybody will disagree that hot water doesn't clean better, for a start if hot
enough it has the ability to melt.
So the question is what are you getting off the glass that cold users aren't ?
The answer is nothing otherwise cold wfp cleaning would have never taken off, at the end of the day your opinion is totally
based on your speed which for the majority of cold users isn't an issue.
That's why I compare it to things like parts per billion machines which at the end of the day are nothing more than confidence
builders.

Smurf

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2017, 10:57:10 am »

This is a bit of a silly statement, I don't think anybody will disagree that hot water doesn't clean better, for a start if hot
The answer is nothing otherwise cold wfp cleaning would have never taken off, at the end of the day your opinion is totally
That's why I compare it to things like parts per billion machines which at the end of the day are nothing more than confidence
builders.

Using hot is just a confidence builder my arse. lol
Even dazomond noticed the difference going back to cold or he would not of started this post now would he?

Dry Clean

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2017, 11:49:11 am »

builders.

Using hot is just a confidence builder my arse. lol
Even dazomond noticed the difference going back to cold or he would not of started this post now would he?

Off course its a confidence builder, there's a video on youtube of a guy cleaning a detached property with a backpack
who does the front in under 2 minutes so hot wouldn't make him any quicker unless he hadn't the confidence to go at this
speed.
Back when I first started wfp cleaning I was told that purified water cleans better as it absorbs/eats the dirt, total nonsense but because I believed it I was then able to clean quicker as that belief meant I was more confident in the method.
We see what we want to see.