This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul22

addons to window cleaning round
« on: January 29, 2017, 08:26:09 pm »
when did everybody start addons to their rounds?

NWH

Re: addons to window cleaning round
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 08:41:55 pm »
I stick mainly to window cleaning cladding etc,if i ever see builder that advertises every trade i steer well clear.

Cookie

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 08:45:56 pm »
In my case on my first ever window clean. The customer requested I clean gutters and soffits as well as windows. I made the classic beginners mistake & under-priced it ...

NWH

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 09:03:11 pm »
No offense you probably did for a lot cheaper than other WCs to get the work more often than not what I want for gutters etc puts em off,if your established at window cleaning you'll earn more sticking to Windows.

jk999

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 09:34:38 pm »
If you just stick to cleaning windows then you have to collect all house's unless all your customers pay through bank .I would rather do the bigger jobs less houses more money

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 09:40:31 pm »
Winows only all the way..

When starting out grab everything you can but once you get somewhat of a round together just concentrate all your effort on growing it and refining it.

All the added expense of buying different gear and marketting it plus travel etc. It just better to get ultra efficent at wimdows .

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 11:07:46 pm »
I did it from day 1. I was fortunate that i took over a well established round. So offered obvious add on; gutters, fascia n soffit cleans and of course conny roofs. But  i didnt advertise this to non clients, if anyone asked i just doubled or trippled the price. Didnt need the extra work at the time but suprisingly the higher prices didnt put people off, as long as my work was good, which it was n still is.
Many years later i still offer the add ons, obviously my round has grown huge since the beginning and so has my reputation. But since i went onto wfp a couple of yrs back and use a van, i now offer power washing n soft washing services as well. The great thing about these add ons, the clients pay as soon as the job is complete and its a great bonus to my regular income
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

jk999

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 12:15:22 am »
Nathen what chemical s do you use for  facias n soft washing

martin hulstone

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 07:01:17 am »
I did it from day 1. I was fortunate that i took over a well established round. So offered obvious add on; gutters, fascia n soffit cleans and of course conny roofs. But  i didnt advertise this to non clients, if anyone asked i just doubled or trippled the price. Didnt need the extra work at the time but suprisingly the higher prices didnt put people off, as long as my work was good, which it was n still is.
Many years later i still offer the add ons, obviously my round has grown huge since the beginning and so has my reputation. But since i went onto wfp a couple of yrs back and use a van, i now offer power washing n soft washing services as well. The great thing about these add ons, the clients pay as soon as the job is complete and its a great bonus to my regular income
surprised you have the time to do add on's, with your 30 houses a day on your own and a three day week!?

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 07:47:10 am »
surprised you have the time to do add on's, with your 30 houses a day on your own and a three day week!?

Thats the point tho isnt it, a 3 day week. When i get these additional jobs they are scheduled for the days when im not doing windows.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 07:48:33 am »

When starting out grab everything you can but once you get somewhat of a round together just concentrate all your effort on growing it and refining it.

All the added expense of buying different gear and marketting it plus travel etc. It just better to get ultra efficent at wimdows .

not true mate.you can do lots of add ons with existing equipment(conny roofs,f/s/g cleans,cladding and solar panels)for EXISTING customers.yes they are harder work but good little earners esp in the spring/summer months.i can usually squeeze a job in here and there mixed in with my normal routine window cleaning(and thats with 350+ customers mostly 4 weekly)
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 07:56:22 am »
Nathen what chemical s do you use for  facias n soft washing

Fascia cleans i use ubik 2000 in a 5ltr pressure sprayer adapted to my unger telescopic pole.
Soft washing i use SH dilluted according to what im cleaning with ammonyx LO with a cherry oil scent  added.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 09:14:26 am »
I'm surprised you're still using ubik and not a softy mix on all now.

nathankaye

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 09:25:21 am »
 ???

Not keen on the idea of SH, even dilluted dripping of the fascia especially if customer steps out the house n it lands right on their head  ;D  ::)roll
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 09:35:41 am »
Why not just ask custards to stay out of the way then. ;D
1-2% softy mix makes the job so much easier and does a better job cleaning filthy plastics expecialy getting at hard to reach bits.
Spray on, let dwell, rinse off...job done

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2017, 12:35:09 pm »

not true mate.you can do lots of add ons with existing equipment(conny roofs,f/s/g cleans,cladding and solar panels)for EXISTING customers.yes they are harder work but good little earners esp in the spring/summer months.i can usually squeeze a job in here and there mixed in with my normal routine window cleaning(and thats with 350+ customers mostly 4 weekly)

Yes mate, I agree in should have been more specific.

Offering extras to current  customers makes total sense as there's very little marketting involved. But to target none customers requires marketting costs plus extra travel time and you have to charge a lot more to make it viable.

Smurf

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 02:14:36 pm »
Depends on the type of regular custards you have I suppose as some expect addons to be either done for free (can you justers) or next to bugger all.

If you can't get a decent rate for addons then best stick to cleaning glass as is easier work and far less hassle.

In my case I go in high to make it worth my while and if they don't want it done then that's fine with me too.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 08:05:35 pm »

I agree with Daz

Add ons are a great money spinner if priced right..I also enjoy doing them makes a change from windows.

chris turner

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 08:08:12 pm »

Smurf can you share your softwash mix pretty please?

Tony dunmall

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2017, 08:21:04 pm »
I do lots of extra work allthouugh I just personally just stick to windows now

Con roofs,guttering -facia soffits ,cladding ,solar panels, high level work large nursing homes end tenant cleans

Well I say I do, I sub all mine out through another company I set Up  a while ago
I have a large data base, all are repeat customers

I've just priced by day rate as there all quite large properties
Many ironically just want windows fascia soffits con roof cleaned on a yearly basis, not many other window cleaners take this type work on so there's plenty around

Some times works out well new customer last year was a three day job as he wanted to ensure the work was to a standard he liked, I was really surprised when after job he said
Wanted windows 6 weekly and large clean we did twice a year
All my subs have a day rate, you get used to there speed of work so I just price according

It's worked quiet well