Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smurf

Re: Dazmond - your new van.
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2017, 02:56:52 pm »
I do a rural stuff and yes I trim trees and bushes as I drive along. Don't bother me in the slightest as my van is not new and at then end of the day is just a workhorse.

Quite. It's there to work. Just seems a waste to get anything less than a couple of years old.

There'd be no new vans on the road if everyone had your attitude.

I don't think the age of a van is that important to be honest if it's kept reasonably tidy and you don't have to spend out stupid money to keep it on the road. 

Tosh

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2017, 03:09:04 pm »
Yes but if no-one bought new vehicles ..... oh, never mind.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smurf

« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2017, 03:16:02 pm »
Most I've ever spent on a vehicle is £3500. That was my company car I bought when I left the firm I was working for at the time which was only 6 months old. I kept it for 16 years before I scraped it.

Let's just say I like to get my money's worth  ;D

pikeman

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2017, 03:33:13 pm »
Always followed dazmonds posts since I started on the windows in 2008 always found them helpful. Seems like an optimist to me so im sure he will be happy with his decision.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2017, 04:10:56 pm »
Dazmond, I've been following this thread and various others about you and your van for weeks. I've actually been on this forum for years under the alias 'Traps' I think it was, but left due to some of the unhelpful comments. I still keep an eye in otherwise I would never have discovered things like the univalve. I can remember you and your trad poles from years ago!

Fair play to you and good luck with your new van.

I think there are a lot of jealous people on this forum & life in general.
I hope it all works out for you.
I'm hoping to get a new or nearly new van myself in the Spring.

You know what you're doing, don't doubt yourself and just ignore the negativity.
Don't think people are being jealous, in my case I was merely pointing out that  he could have financed the van in a much more cost effective way, making him the owner from  day one and saving in the region of 3  grand :o in interest payments

dd

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2017, 08:19:57 pm »
Most I've ever spent on a vehicle is £3500. That was my company car I bought when I left the firm I was working for at the time which was only 6 months old. I kept it for 16 years before I scraped it.

Let's just say I like to get my money's worth  ;D
£3500 over 16 years ago, taking account of inflation, would be worth possibly £10,000 now.

When I bought my van I wanted to get one 6-12 months old, but there were such good deals on new pre-registered vans that it was actually cheaper to buy a new one.

NWH

« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2017, 08:56:52 pm »
The last person that done my books always said to me no there's no point in changing your vehicle you won't save much for doing it so I kept leaving it,I got someone else who advised me to change my vehicle and the next year I got nearly 5k back from the tax man. If you don't spend money on something for your businesss you'll only pay more tax.

Splash & dash

« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2017, 09:51:04 pm »
The last person that done my books always said to me no there's no point in changing your vehicle you won't save much for doing it so I kept leaving it,I got someone else who advised me to change my vehicle and the next year I got nearly 5k back from the tax man. If you don't spend money on something for your businesss you'll only pay more tax.
. I quite agree I did exactly the same thing best move I ever made getting a new van , 4 years warrantee , good advertising, looks professional, and you pay less tax for a while no brainier really

Mick Kent

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2017, 09:54:36 pm »
20k would get you a nice 2nd hand golf R Daz 😎 a propper tool.. anyway well done and enjoy your new van.

Smurf

« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2017, 10:11:38 pm »

That reminds me of a chap I knew back in the 70's that use to buy a new Rolls-Royce every year so not to pay so much tax.  Some years he use to buy two  ;D

NWH

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2017, 01:12:17 pm »
It's not a case of being flash at all in our job we in a lot of circumstances have little outlay compared to other businesses,if you earn above a certain  amount it makes sense to change your van every few years,you get to drive round in a new comfy van but most of all it keeps your tax down. If you spend nothing on your business and your earning well you'll only pay more tax

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2017, 01:48:41 pm »
20k would get you a nice 2nd hand golf R Daz 😎 a propper tool.. anyway well done and enjoy your new van.

add 5k more too that 20k and I may sell him my mk1 gti a real golf

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2017, 01:52:35 pm »
It's not a case of being flash at all in our job we in a lot of circumstances have little outlay compared to other businesses,if you earn above a certain  amount it makes sense to change your van every few years,you get to drive round in a new comfy van but most of all it keeps your tax down. If you spend nothing on your business and your earning well you'll only pay more tax

bang on the money this is what our account tells us also you need to add on the cost of having a van sat in the garage getting repaired , when you add up the loss of earning and the repair bill you can easy cover four months payments buy one trip too the garage

Tosh

« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2017, 04:58:14 pm »

And the following year you probably had to pay on account, so had to come up with 18 months tax in one year.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2017, 05:05:06 pm »

And the following year you probably had to pay on account, so had to come up with 18 months tax in one year.

Indeed!
Comfortably Numb!

SB Cleaning

« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2017, 05:21:43 pm »

25k for a mk1??? Dream on ;D

I know they they're big  money these days being a vw enthusiast myself but 25 k!!!

Mick Kent

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2017, 05:35:08 pm »

Im sure he would rather an 'R' for fun! You simply cant get a mk 1 to hit 60 in sub 5 seconds! I had a mk 1 back in the day, got rid to get a series 1 RS Turbo which is a car i miss.

p1w1

« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2017, 05:58:04 pm »
Mk 1 golfs are very common in South Africa i reckon everyone over there has had one at some point, perhaps there is a market to import them over here then.

NWH

« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2017, 07:14:43 pm »
Yes Slacky as I told you I did 2 years later my tax bill was 16 grand but I had it in the bank so no worries,i got a 5 grand rebate from HMRC when I
Got the van and wasn't aware it would be quiet that amount but i earnt more money so that changed a few things to do with my tax,I put my books in around April-May now rather than October lol

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2017, 09:34:10 pm »

25k for a mk1??? Dream on ;D

I know they they're big  money these days being a vw enthusiast myself but 25 k!!!
you cant be that much of enthusiast as you would know what my cars worth one owner from new with only 14k on the clock still sat on its p500 from the factory with over 400 frist place wins at shows its the real deal , i turned down 21k for it two years ago off a footballer at a show somethings are just not forsale