This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Space monkey

Which gutter vac ?
« on: January 14, 2017, 06:30:02 pm »
Got to get a gutter vac to keep a window job,which vac should I get,a GUTTERSUCK with a camera at 1k or a SKY VAC at 2.5k.Also can you use gardiner pole no 7 super lite joined together to use with a vac. 50mm diameter pole 7.

Nick Day

Re: Which gutter vac ?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 07:32:16 pm »
Depends on what type of work you are planning on doing, there are kits with smaller vacs (1250 and 1800 watts) that will do the job for about £500 with carbon fibre poles. Did a large school with an 1800 watt kit  a couple of weeks ago with weeds 30ft u, sucked them out no problem.

the king

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 11:10:06 pm »
numitic from grippa is good vac

the king

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 11:14:42 pm »
or lee martin from blade right taunton  he does some good hovers

Nick Day

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 11:33:17 pm »
if you google gutter vac there are several suppliers at various prices.

Space monkey

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 01:10:12 pm »
Thanks your information,most useful.

Delta

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 03:53:54 pm »
A word of warning don't buy from these guys....

http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk

The carbon poles are total rubbish and snap mid section. They are not  properly made due to them not being vacuum bagged or put into an autoclave.  They have used the cheapest uni directional carbon available and simply used heat shrink tape on the outside of the carbon then heated it up!

It doesn't matter how many times you email them about it no one ever replies.

The 3000 watt vac is also very poorly made and breaks so easily. Two wheels snapped off and the motor housing has broken in to several pieces after the vac fell over in the van.

Total poop and a waste of £795.00

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 04:25:51 pm »

The carbon poles are total rubbish and snap mid section. They are not  properly made due to them not being vacuum bagged or put into an autoclave.  They have used the cheapest uni directional carbon available and simply used heat shrink tape on the outside of the carbon then heated it up!

The 3000 watt vac is also very poorly made and breaks so easily. Two wheels snapped off and the motor housing has broken in to several pieces after the vac fell over in the van.

Sorry Delta.

How can a vacuum cleaner get that damaged just falling over in the van?  I was in after sales service in the power tool industry for many years. If you had phoned me up and said what you wrote here, warning lights would have started to flash up.

We sold a rotary hammer (Kango in the uk) to a construction company. 2 days later I get an irate call from the site foreman voicing his displeasure at the service this machine had given. Someone had better get down and get this sorted now! I went there. The African worker had told the boss that the machine was broken, hence the telephone call. What he didn't tell him was that the machine fell onto the ground from 6 stories high.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

p1w1

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 04:53:51 pm »

Sorry Delta.

How can a vacuum cleaner get that damaged just falling over in the van?  I was in after sales service in the power tool industry for many years. If you had phoned me up and said what you wrote here, warning lights would have started to flash up.

We sold a rotary hammer (Kango in the uk) to a construction company. 2 days later I get an irate call from the site foreman voicing his displeasure at the service this machine had given. Someone had better get down and get this sorted now! I went there. The African worker had told the boss that the machine was broken, hence the telephone call. What he didn't tell him was that the machine fell onto the ground from 6 stories high.

perhaps the van was rolling down a cliff at the time  ;D

8weekly

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 04:56:33 pm »

Sorry Delta.

perhaps the van was rolling down a cliff at the time  ;D
I presume under heavy braking.

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 05:03:12 pm »
The big vacs are very top heavy when empty as all the motors are at the top. Easily tip over if not secured properly.

Delta

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 06:29:25 pm »
Because the plastic is cheap and brittle.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 07:35:22 pm »

I bought a pole kit and have to agree the poles are crap...The adjustable head thing is useless and doesn't make any difference when reaching over conny roofs the angle isn't there and it's annoying to use.

chris turner

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2017, 10:57:17 pm »
The poles don't look very well made but they do the job.  Had mine over a year now with no probs.
I'd take the adjustable head over a silicone head anyday.  It comes in handy, especially in tight spaces.

For £795 I don't know why anyone is complaining..

Nick Day

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 11:13:33 am »
If you are over a conny roof, undo the thumbscrew, let the head hang loose out of the cross bar, and it works well.

Smurf

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 12:44:45 pm »
If you are over a conny roof, undo the thumbscrew, let the head hang loose out of the cross bar, and it works well.

Nick how would that work well as the nozzle will be all floppy just connected to a bit of vac hose at the top unsupported and would be no good to break up awkward large sods either surely?

Nick Day

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 01:38:56 pm »
Your right Smurf, it will not break any thing up, but for general vacuuming it works well.
For removing weeds etc what I do I use an M6 nut, remove the thumb screw, point the thin head at a very sharp angle outwards and tighten with a spanner which holds it, this is very  effective, you can do the same with the weedhook/downpipe clearer for weeds etc. We did this on a school job just before Christmas to get to the back of ogee shaped gutters with the roof overhanging most of the gutter.

mufcglen

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 02:58:40 pm »
i bought my carbon setup from alex and nick at guttercleaningsystems.co.uk and cant fault it myself, i only bought the baby 1250w vac with 30ft carbon poles and its done everything i wanted it to do up to now, wasnt sure about the vac but its been more than strong enough sucking everything out.
the carbon poles dont look nice and smoothly made like a gardiner pole etc but theyve been spot on for me, nice light and stiff!

Nick Day

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2017, 05:38:11 pm »
These are our poles now, and I think they are good value, 100% carbon fibre, 51 mm, 340 grammes for £50.00 each incl VAT.

Delta

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2017, 07:09:09 pm »
Nick Day is this your company?