This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

backpack died on me after 4 hours!so annoying!
« on: January 11, 2017, 03:29:01 pm »
halfway through a commercial job too. >:(

the backpack is the gardiners one with the handle on the lid.ive had it a few years now and only used it for the odd job before now.

anyway ive ordered the gardiners v3 just now but had a problem paying with paypal for some reason and now its looks like paypal have paid gardiners twice! ::)roll

do any of  you have days when you think "i should of stayed in bed today!" ::)roll ;D
price higher/work harder!

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: backpack died on me after 4 hours!so annoying!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 03:44:28 pm »
I had a similar problem with Paypal a while back.  Doubled up on a £200 payment. Took a whole week to get my money back

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 04:12:40 pm »
Oh dear somebody is having a terrible start to the year. Its normally me these things happen to, so totally sympathize.

On bright side, stick a photo on competition n win a free back pack  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

supernova77

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 04:38:24 pm »
I've got two of the Gardiner v3 backpacks.

One I use to apply virosol and the other is used every now and again on the odd job where it comes in useful.   In my experience they are very good backpacks ;)

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 05:09:10 pm »
Sorry to hear that daz. I did wonder how long it would last being your van being off  the road and all.
They say bad luck comes in three's so wonder what's going to go wrong next. Not yer car I hope  ::)roll

Michael Peterson

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 05:36:19 pm »
you could have bought one of the same little batteries for about £15 on ebay and had a spare to change quickly, also the wcw backpacks i have used used to have mazzive batteries in them lasted ages !
all backpacks are pretty much the same, i have a nice little usefull one at the moment called a water genie from the cleaning warehouse comes with a little sackbarrow that it sits on and you can take two screws out and wear it on your back, i figure after about 6 months the wheels will break but then ill wear it on my back afterwards for another 6 months, getting rid of the flow controller which will defo die and changing the small pump on the way, the pumps are 5l per min diaphram pumps on ebay for £10 , as long as you have the shell of a backpack you can always fix it 

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 05:53:15 pm »
sorted the issue with  2 payments going through for the  v3 backpack with gardiners! :)

the old one is just not getting me through the day.4 hours max!i could get a new battery i suppose but i hate the lid with the handle.its a PITA plus the v3 has a larger capacity so time to upgrade.

i can always keep the old one for virosol application. ;)

ive got it on charge at the moment and ill have to go back and finish the commercial job tomorrow and keep working until the battery dies again. ::)roll

i ran it completely flat though.it was beeping for ages with a red light on before it gave up the ghost!i hope ive not ruined it even further.

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 06:13:53 pm »
sorted the issue with  2 payments going through for the  v3 backpack with gardiners! :)

the old one is just not getting me through the day.4 hours max!i could get a new battery i suppose but i hate the lid with the handle.its a PITA plus the v3 has a larger capacity so time to upgrade.

ive got it on charge at the moment and ill have to go back and finish the commercial job tomorrow and keep working until the battery dies again. ::)roll

i ran it completely flat though.it was beeping for ages with a red light on before it gave up the ghost!i hope ive not ruined it even further.
you need to start paying attention to these warning lights  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 06:15:39 pm »

What warning lights  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 06:19:49 pm »

;D ;D ;D

Rory Edwards

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 06:24:26 pm »
Depending on how it sounded when it died it could have been the pump or battery (likely battery) tis ridiculous how cheap you can get the parts for to replace them though.

Smurf

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 06:28:24 pm »
As far as the battery running out whilst working. Can't you find out what battery is inside it and pop down to your local supplier and buy a couple spare to swap out as are dirt cheap to buy.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 06:35:08 pm »
As far as the battery running out whilst working. Can't you find out what battery is inside it and pop down to your local supplier and buy a couple spare to swap out as are dirt cheap to buy.

i couldnt be bothered today doing that mate.like my old pump and controller from my main system its a job for another day!(like the middle of summer when your straight up with work and have a bit of time on your hands! ;D)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 09:44:36 pm »
please dont tell us when the car break down, i cant take any more bad news  ;D ;D ;D ;D

combat1

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 09:49:25 pm »
How long are you charging it for Daz?
When my kit goes down its 10 litres of very hot water and out with the trad pole and backflip.
Faster than wfp actually, covers90% plus of my work. Nobody says anything.
Worked like that for 18 yrs.
Wipe the blade every second pull and any windows you cant reach explain to the customer. They are fine about it.
Would suit your car better than heavy barrels and backpack.
Hope everything sorts for you soon mate.

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 11:24:56 pm »
How long are you charging it for Daz?
When my kit goes down its 10 litres of very hot water and out with the trad pole and backflip.
Faster than wfp actually, covers90% plus of my work. Nobody says anything.
Worked like that for 18 yrs.
Wipe the blade every second pull and any windows you cant reach explain to the customer. They are fine about it.
Would suit your car better than heavy barrels and backpack.
Hope everything sorts for you soon mate.

i charge it overnight mate.TBH ive not charged it much over the last few years(maybe once every 2 months)as it only gets used for a few jobs a month normally.thats probably knackered the battery.

i used to use a trad pole for awkward windows years ago before wfp but id never go back to that now! ;D

hopefully ill be able to get 4 hours each day out of it tomorrow and friday then my new backpack should be here by saturday.