This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shrek

Resin beads on the glass???
« on: January 10, 2017, 12:50:33 pm »
So.... a couple of weeks have gone by now and I've been rinsing windows and then seeing grit on the windows, so I scrub & rinse and rinse and rinse and yet this grit is still there when the water runs down the windows .
Is it possible to have resin beads in my tank?
I have an ibc in the garage and transfer the water from there into my van tank as and when needed.
Appreciate any help 👍

deeege

Re: Resin beads on the glass???
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 01:06:27 pm »
They wouldn't get any further than the pump,  pumps don't like resin, I know from experience.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 01:15:31 pm »
Ah- does resin destroy the pump? Within what timescale?

Soupy

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 01:46:46 pm »
Depends. A single resin bead can get stuck in the diaphragm - game over.

deeege

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 01:57:10 pm »
Depends. A single resin bead can get stuck in the diaphragm - game over.

This.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Shrek

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 02:26:40 pm »
Oh , I don't think it's resin then . Can't understand what it is  ???

Soupy

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 02:27:15 pm »
Have you changed a hose recently?

Shrek

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 02:39:54 pm »
Nope , only thing that's been changed in the last few months is my RO unit

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 02:45:51 pm »
May seem silly, but is your brush clean? Are you rinsing on glass or off glass?

If do a rinse off glass, can you see the beads rinsing down the glass with water flow or are they stuck on the glass?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Soupy

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 02:46:57 pm »
Is your hose particularly old? I have seen the rubber inside deteriorate although admittedly a rare accordance and on a cheapo garden hose.

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 03:57:03 pm »
May seem silly, but is your brush clean? Are you rinsing on glass or off glass?

If do a rinse off glass, can you see the beads rinsing down the glass with water flow or are they stuck on the glass?

I'm constantly cleaning my brush, I rinse off the glass as I couldn't get used to rinsing on.
It's after I've rinsed off , the water sheets down and then I can see 1mm bits of grit , it doesn't happen on all windows though...

Shrek

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 03:59:09 pm »
Is your hose particularly old? I have seen the rubber inside deteriorate although admittedly a rare accordance and on a cheapo garden hose.

I bought a new hose reel and hose from pure freedom last year, although I do have some garden  hose going between the hose reel and the trolley

RichA

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 04:23:11 pm »
Have you checked the small pump filter if you have one fitted?

Shrek

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 04:32:06 pm »
Have you checked the small pump filter if you have one fitted?

I've not , that's what vyair just said too - it's a pure freedom trolley and I've never touched anything on it just in case I break it!
Il take a look , cheers

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 04:51:53 pm »
Are you sure it's resin beads and not little air bubbles? Sometimes I get windows where it really looks like there are resin beads all over it but they are actually little bubbles- sounds daft I know but it does give the impression of resin beads. The reason being is that you state it doesn't happen on every window.
Comfortably Numb!

Shrek

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2017, 05:28:13 pm »
Are you sure it's resin beads and not little air bubbles? Sometimes I get windows where it really looks like there are resin beads all over it but they are actually little bubbles- sounds daft I know but it does give the impression of resin beads. The reason being is that you state it doesn't happen on every window.

I'm not 100% sure its resin , but it does look like grit or resin

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 06:10:33 pm »

It does, I reckon it's bubbles. Have a real close look next time and feel it with your finger to see for sure.
Comfortably Numb!

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 06:28:17 pm »
we had this a while back with and found it to be the little cage basket in the d.i. vassle had slipped down from the top try looking at this

Shrek

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2017, 06:43:59 pm »
we had this a while back with and found it to be the little cage basket in the d.i. vassle had slipped down from the top try looking at this

Thanks Susan , will do

Shrek

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2017, 06:44:46 pm »

It does, I reckon it's bubbles. Have a real close look next time and feel it with your finger to see for sure.

Cheers I will have a go tomorrow