Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robbo333

Re: Gardiners Poles...be wary
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2018, 05:33:53 pm »
My Extreme 22 does 99% of all my work.
I do have a couple of houses where I need an extra 4 foot, but I couldn't be bothered to pay for more extensions, so I just bought some cheap 6 foot step ladders.  ;D

some right cheapskates on here! ;D

.........so you balance yourself on a step ladder while poling these particular windows do you?you could easily fall and injure yourself and be off work for a while all to save around  £90? ::)roll

i find a 25 ft pole the perfect size for most work,also i dont extend the sections fully when not needed to make the pole more rigid and to reduce wear....

Daz, I work exactly the same as you.
I never fully extend the sections on my Extreme 22. As you said, this makes the pole more rigid and also helps 'spread' the wear over the full length of the pole.
Only problem is, I find on some windows, i'm about 4 foot short and that's why I bought the stepladders.  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2018, 05:39:50 pm »
My Extreme 22 does 99% of all my work.
I do have a couple of houses where I need an extra 4 foot, but I couldn't be bothered to pay for more extensions, so I just bought some cheap 6 foot step ladders.  ;D

some right cheapskates on here! ;D

.........so you balance yourself on a step ladder while poling these particular windows do you?you could easily fall and injure yourself and be off work for a while all to save around  £90? ::)roll

i find a 25 ft pole the perfect size for most work,also i dont extend the sections fully when not needed to make the pole more rigid and to reduce wear....
And you don't use trip hazard cones or have public liability cover for property worked on Dazmond! Pot & Kettle? ;D

trip hazard cones were just becoming  a pain,ive left a few on jobs  before now,i also had 2 people walk into the cones so i got rid of them! ;D

i have got PLI but not for property being worked on...no need mate.... ;) :-*
price higher/work harder!

Slacky

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2018, 06:24:47 pm »
Wow. I’m glad I had insurance for property being worked on. Because of 2 claims made against me in the last year I would’ve been 25K out of pocket if I hadn’t.

P @ F

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2018, 06:33:01 pm »
Thats what you get for melting peoples connies  ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

NWH

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2018, 06:46:48 pm »
This has got to be the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard,younprobably think cold water cleans as well as cold you fool

p1w1

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2018, 07:16:26 pm »
This has got to be the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard,younprobably think cold water cleans as well as cold you fool
You should read your own post then, now they are dumb  ;D...I think you'll find he was referring to and incident with a pressure washer exhaust  ::)roll 

dazmond

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2018, 07:31:03 pm »
Wow. I’m glad I had insurance for property being worked on. Because of 2 claims made against me in the last year I would’ve been 25K out of pocket if I hadn’t.

25 years window cleaning and the only thing ive ever broken is a few plant pots and roof tiles! ;)

no chance of breaking roof tiles now as i dont climb on roofs anymore.... :-*
price higher/work harder!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2018, 07:59:25 pm »
I would hazard a guess that cold probably does clean as well as cold😂

P @ F

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2018, 01:43:37 am »
You should read your own post then, now they are dumb  ;D...I think you'll find he was referring to and incident with a pressure washer exhaust  ::)roll
I guess he never read that one did he  ;D ;D ;D ;D

P @ F

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2018, 01:47:54 am »
I would hazard a guess that cold probably does clean as well as cold😂
Ah , but does hot clean as well as hot hot  ;D

Slacky

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2018, 01:58:14 pm »

25 years window cleaning and the only thing ive ever broken is a few plant pots and roof tiles! ;)

no chance of breaking roof tiles now as i dont climb on roofs anymore.... :-*

You might smash a pane of glass, a big pane of glass, or use an inappropriate chemical which isn't tolerated by part of the house's fabric. Its easy to do. I adopted an 'it wont happen to me' attitude, cost me a decent wedge of dosh.

Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2019, 07:19:14 pm »
  " Like to get your money's worth?"  ::)roll as the advert says.....  I'm happy if my Gardiner poles lasts 2 years with everyday use and no maintenance cleans at all.  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2019, 08:29:22 pm »
Well I did some fettling of my old Extreme 47 over Xmas.

It's the old "stepped" model, over 5 years old  and as you might expect, the most wear is on the top sections and I managed to snap the very top section by letting it fall from being propped against a third floor window in the summer.

Being a 47 I just shortened the top section and carried on with it as a "45". Then just before Xmas the second section snapped while I was working between the rungs of a balcony and I pulled it too tightly to get to the glass.

But I had kept the snapped bit of the very top section and put it inside the second section and glued it up and sanded it and all is fine again.

My plan later in the year or maybe early 2020 is to replace my everyday extreme with a brand new one and use my present one to replace the top four sections of my 47 thus restoring it to its former glory and having non stepped sections for the top 20 feet.
It's a game of three halves!

DeLuce

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2019, 09:50:51 pm »

Wish I’d bought a 25 though. 25 suits my work a lot better.

I think this year I’m Going to go back to an 18 extreme and a 25 extreme.

I’ve got some days where an 18 does all
Day. Then others where I’ve got to get the 47 foot extreme out for some tricky dormas and velux that a 25 would reach. You live and learn.

Gardiners would have to do something really drastic for me to stop using their equipment. They are the best poles out in my opinion.

That's my set up Jonny.
I've got the 18, which I use most of the time, then I've got the 25 (and extensions of necessary) for the more irregular higher stuff. It's a great combination.
Sometimes I've got a different, maybe softer brush on the 25, so if I've got a leaded job, I just switch pole, rather than change the brush over if using stiff (I've got hot system). I know it doesn't take long with Q-lock but I just find it less hassle sometimes.
When using the 18 Xtreme, it's like cleaning with a pencil  ;D

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2019, 10:02:54 pm »
Well, my Xtreme 22 mentioned at the start of this thread is still going strong. Not had to replace any sections yet. There are clear signs of wear on sections 1 & 2 but they still look and feel pretty sturdy, and slight signs on the other sections, but when I consider the amount of work I've done with it and what it's earned me, I'm well happy.

As far as maintenance is concerned, I've probably taken it apart, cleaned and retaped seven or eight times in all. I've also lubed it several times with Gardiners dry film lubricant.

Overall, I absolutely love this pole and will definitely buy another when this one is done.