Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleanitman

Well established commercial cleaning & maintenance round in the S.York's area for over 15 years.
Clients ranging from local businesses to large national & international corporations.
Option to purchase necessary assets to provide the following services Window cleaning, Gutter cleaning, cladding/signage cleaning, office cleaning, carpet cleaning, grounds maintenance (grass cutting etc).
Potential to grow the round both locally and nationally with current client base.
Irregular work (once every 1 -3 years) Gutter cleaning, Carpet Cleaning, Cladding/Signage/Canopies/Atriums & jet washing Cleaning.
Average Monthly turnover £3250+

Steven Greaves

Re: Commercial Cleaning & Maintenance work for sale in South Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 08:24:48 pm »
This chap thinks he is being clever. Most likely, he does not wish to let us know his takings, and asking price; in case we say something negative. Whatever, he is up to though ; he is acting extremely suspiciously.
The signing of an NDA will mean that no matter how preposterous his business proposition, you can tell absolutely no one. In my opinion this sales technique deserves a wide berth.
Please exercise extreme caution, (especially if you are not well versed in these matters, pertaining to our trade) unless the vendor comes back with a an incredibly convincing reason, why he feels the need to be so secretive?
Steven Greaves

Steven Greaves

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 05:43:00 pm »
No explanation as yet then?
Incredibly suspicious sales tactics; or is it just me?
Steven Greaves

jk999

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 12:21:12 am »
Joined nearly 8 years ago n only 4 post omg

Steven Greaves

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 10:48:33 am »
Not concerned about his volume (lack of) posts per se. More the situation that he is acting so so suspiciously; and along with the lack of posts - we cannot possibly gauge anything about the chap.
He chooses to reveal zero of himself, and I personally think that speaks volumes.
Again, just in my opinion, I would not ever enter into negotiations, pertaining to a high risk (window cleaning takeovers are always high risk, unless the vendor demonstrates to you that he is beyond suspicion) business purchase, with those engaging in such dubious sales tactics.
It appears at this stage that the vendor does not intend to address our genuine concerns.
So, PLEASE exercise extreme caution; I strongly advise we ALL refuse to play this NDA game!
If you sign an NDA, you throw away most of your usual safety net. You will not be able to discuss or verify, anything claimed by the vendor, with any one whomsoever!  WHAT HAS HE GOT TO HIDE???
Steven Greaves

cleanitman

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 08:32:44 pm »
Post updated as correctly pointed out it did look at bit suspicious so thanks for that Mr Greaves.
Any questions asked will be answered, and as you also rightly point out I haven't posted much on here due to growing my business which I assure you is legitimate, just not receiving any updates on reply's to my posts yet so will check in more frequently to answer any questions or concerns.
The reason for an NDA is to protect myself and the end buyer as information (client names, services, frequency and prices) if shared could be used to undercut ending up with me being out of pocket or the end buyer, now these clients are very loyal and well established, but I always air on the side of caution so for everyone's benefit an NDA has been recommended to me by a solicitor, so I assure you no dubious  selling tactics!!
Buying any window cleaning round (goodwill) is always a risky business  so I will endeavour to make it as easy and risk free as I can and am willing to introduce serious buyers to clients and even work the round with them for the first month, splitting the takings.

cleanitman

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 08:35:44 pm »
Some suggestions when buying any window cleaning round:
Request to be shown recent records and accounts pertaining to the round.
From the list of customers choose a few at random and ask to be introduced to these.
Put the business agreement in writing.
If the round value is high, ask for written references.
If at all possible work alongside the seller of the round during the hand over clean.
Do not leave a deposit until you have confirmed that the round is genuine.
It is recommended that you involve a solicitor for larger transactions.

cleanitman

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 08:51:17 pm »
Just figured out how to receive notifications on this post, so not that clever then eh S. Greaves? Just need to learn how to do smiley faces now :-P

Steven Greaves

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 11:57:41 am »
Thank you for addressing some of the concerns, that the people will have had, when viewing your ad.
And sorry, If I have it wrong.
We are not after specific customer details, at the ad stage.
1) Just tell us how much is the average monthly takings
2) what is the asking price
That is the standard minimum shown on ads, on here. That way those that are costed out of the equation, can look to other channels. And, those genuinely interested in any details can sign an NDA
Your solicitor is being over cautious; as he is paid to be so. Unless you wish to alienate your audience, give us just a little bit of basic info, that will not include any client specifics of course. No one on here ( well virtually no one) would divulge too much, too early. But you have so far gone to the extreme with your approach.
Regards Steven Greaves

Steven Greaves

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 09:21:39 pm »
Thanks for modifying the info provided. Looks like the same ad on window cleaning resources at £40k asking price
I see why you were not too keen, to be up front on that. Multiplier is around x12, if this is the same seller; which it certainly appears to be.
Saw it coming
Steven Greaves

cleanitman

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 10:23:30 am »
Average Monthly Taking £3370.00
Average Hourly Rate £45 - £75+
Every endeavour on my part will be made to make this a smooth transition and I am willing to work along with the potential buyer for the first 8 weeks (splitting the proceeds 65/35 in the first 4 weeks and then 50/50 in the last 4 weeks). Additional support will be given by telephone for another 4 weeks (12 in total). This is negotiable obviously.

Asking Price is £40,000.00+

swanson

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 08:28:46 am »
How much
!!!!!!!!!