This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: Window wars!
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2016, 02:44:52 pm »
Lol I had a windy tell me him and a few other cleaners he knows won't go on each others areas. Just how it's been for years he say.

Well it's not anymore says me cleaning in his patch.

nathankaye

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2016, 11:06:11 pm »
A close friend of mine, worked pontefract  commercial work for years. But not the majority, that was by another chap, a questionable chap.
My friend was comfortable with the work he had there, however another chap had quite a size round as well. Rather than a turf war breaking out between these 2 fellers. The chap with the huge majority simply asked him how much would it take for him to move out the area. Well this man thought he was having a laugh and gave a ridiculously high figure. Several days later he got paid that amount to hand over his work and to stay out the area. Obviously he took the noney had he had additional rounds else where, paid off his mortgage and had a great holiday and continues working elsewhere. Certainly beats having scissors in face or knee caps drilled off
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

CleanClear

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2016, 11:17:51 pm »
A close friend of mine, worked pontefract  commercial work for years. But not the majority, that was by another chap, a questionable chap.
My friend was comfortable with the work he had there, however another chap had quite a size round as well. Rather than a turf war breaking out between these 2 fellers. The chap with the huge majority simply asked him how much would it take for him to move out the area. Well this man thought he was having a laugh and gave a ridiculously high figure. Several days later he got paid that amount to hand over his work and to stay out the area. Obviously he took the noney had he had additional rounds else where, paid off his mortgage and had a great holiday and continues working elsewhere. Certainly beats having scissors in face or knee caps drilled off

Nathan, i see a career for you writing for Walt Disney. Don't dismiss the idea straight off, toss them a few stories, then back it up with a few pictures of you..ahem!! Him... doing the job. If Disney doesn't accept the script try... Dermotts Hardest Window Cleaners or that dick out of East Enders with the funny eye.... he may go for it.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Smurf

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 11:33:16 pm »
If you realy want to take over an area just to p others off do them for free for a whole year. That should sort out the men from the boys  ;D ;D

Tosh

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2016, 11:53:16 pm »
Genuinely, in the 6 years I've been going I've only ever heard that once. The most common complaint is "he just stopped coming round".

I was thinking the very same thing.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Soupy

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2016, 06:11:26 am »

Sure.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2016, 07:46:39 am »
I live just over the water from Liverpool.
I wouldn't want to try and  encroach on any shiners on the other  side.
They don't mess about over there.
I've  had small turf  wars in other areas,  there is no problem,  but scouseland is a world unto itself.

Tosh

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2016, 08:01:31 am »
Don't they breed pigeons over there?
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

jonboywalton75

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2016, 08:14:42 am »
It's like the wild west!!!!!!

nathankaye

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2016, 08:47:28 am »
Its amazing how some on here are so naive, because it doesnt seem real to them or do able they are quick to dismiss it as story telling.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Soupy

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2016, 08:56:30 am »
Its amazing how some on here are so naive, because it doesnt seem real to them or do able they are quick to dismiss it as story telling.

If it's true why don't you set up in competition against him? Get your mortgage paid off too?

SeanK

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2016, 09:00:50 am »

I liked it Nathan, The Godshiner, I'm going to make you an offer you cant refuse, I bet he even sounded like Marlon Brando. lol.

nathankaye

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2016, 09:20:22 am »

If it's true why don't you set up in competition against him? Get your mortgage paid off too?

Dont need to, my mortgage is already paid off.  I purposely stay clear from commercial work, for me its too cut throat.

Thats why i said hes a questionable feller. How else do you think he was able to raise such finance from. Im sure you lot on here are not truly protected from the real world that much! and dont know how to contact people of the questionable type or where to find them.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

SeanK

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2016, 09:28:24 am »
Nathan that's the blank cheque story, every town in the country will have one, take it with a pinch of salt.

Soupy

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2016, 09:33:35 am »
Dont need to, my mortgage is already paid off.  I purposely stay clear from commercial work, for me its too cut throat.

Cut throat? How is getting a massive chq to bugger off cut throat?

Stoots

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2016, 05:25:41 pm »
Haha its gangster in ponty

Im sure this type of wars go on but it will likely be in poophole areas where these types tend to reside (liverpool and pontefract are not exactly posh for the most part)

so my question is why squabble with  the local hardman shiner over a poophole, get out of there and go clean windows in nice areas where nice people live

Miko67

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2016, 02:10:31 pm »
I beleive the nicest people live in the poop holes your talking about Adam. I beleive the working class tip better and appreciate you a lot more than those with money.

In scotland and Glasgow there's a gentlemans agreement sorta thing where you don't go into another mans patch out of respect. Not because he's hard. But a lot of businesses are springing up and changing it now a bit. But that keeps you on your toes. Competition is good.

Shrek

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2016, 02:21:17 pm »
Unless you only work on 1 street for 8 hours a day , 4 weeks a month.... how the heck are you supposed to know who else works there?
Not only that.... if one of my well paying custards moves onto someone else's 'patch' , and it's still in the town where I work , I would simply carry on cleaning for them if they asked me. I certainly wouldn't say sorry I'm not allowed

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2017, 01:52:51 pm »
I can remember carpet cleaning wars on teeside in the 90s was funny as watching three companys under cutting each other , then they started smashing up each others vans . staff were fighting each other in the street was quite funny utter idiots

Smurf

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2017, 02:28:58 pm »
Bet like this then.  ;D

https://vimeo.com/58472900