This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smurf

@ king - mircolite standoff
« on: November 04, 2016, 09:29:21 pm »
Best watch this vid bud so you can see how to fit a microlite standoff to a ladder properly.   ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JSxy43fnPA

the king

Re: @ king - mircolite standoff
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 10:49:04 pm »
lol u mean me ??

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 10:53:48 pm »
Yes  ;)

the king

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 10:56:41 pm »
whats up with my microlite set up u must have sin it on uk fb ;D

Space monkey

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 10:57:46 pm »
How much is he going to earn an hour ?

the king

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 10:58:33 pm »
lmfao

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 11:00:10 pm »
Spot the mistake  ;)

the king

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 11:04:54 pm »
not shore the angle was rite the standoff dident slip

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 11:17:16 pm »
Here are the instructions that may help http://www.ladderstore.com/media/uploads/microlite.pdf

the king

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 09:24:54 am »
so the hooks go on the top then   ;D are u nathan moor? lmfao

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2016, 11:21:19 am »
so the hooks go on the top then   ;D are u nathan moor? lmfao

Correct and No I'm not. I could not post a reply to your post with that pic on it as was banned from that forum. lol

the king

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2016, 05:24:16 pm »
o i thault u got it off fb i for got i posted it on the other forum  ::)roll  yes i use it eather way normaly depending  on the angle as some times the other way it pulls on the springs and it has come off befor wich is not good!

tlwcs

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2016, 05:33:24 pm »
What did you do to get a ban Smurf?

the king

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2016, 05:56:53 pm »
i never saw what happend    ;D ?? just herd snipets

Spruce

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2016, 06:28:22 pm »
We have a ladder stand off with wheels purchased from a ladder supplier. It doesn't look like yours at all

Its this one
http://www.ladderstore.com/ladder-accessories/ladder-stays-stand-offs/ankalad-v-bracket-stand-off.html

If I rest the standoff on the roof tiles, which I do with one of my customers, then I fit it with the hooks facing up. If I don't then the standup tries to 'run' up the roof and comes off the ladder rungs. It doesn't do that when its 'upside down'.

If the ladder is against a vertical wall then the standoff works perfectly the correct way round.

I don't use it much as I found an ex windie selling a Ladder Master. This allows me to put the ladder up against the wall, clear a width of gutter of its innards, insert the Ladder Master into the gutter and then reposition the ladder against the gutter with fear of my weight damaging the gutter.

http://www.laddermaster.co.uk/product.htm

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smurf

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2016, 06:51:04 pm »
I've used a microlite standoff for years. Mainly used for resting on roof tiles for easy access to rooflines and never had one come off a ladder yet.  It was designed that way and is the only class 1 standoff that I know of which is also approved by H&S so in my book is the best standoff you can get in the UK. 

Smurf

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2016, 07:02:27 pm »
Spruce are you kinding me as that Ladder Master looks a total bonkers idea let alone wanting to use one  :o

Spruce

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2016, 07:12:48 pm »
I've used a microlite standoff for years. Mainly used for resting on roof tiles for easy access to rooflines and never had one come off a ladder yet.  It was designed that way and is the only class 1 standoff that I know of which is also approved by H&S so in my book is the best standoff you can get in the UK.

For occasional use I couldn't justify spending £160 for a microlite ladder standoff tbh.

Spruce are you kinding me as that Ladder Master looks a total bonkers idea let alone wanting to use one  :o

Honestly Smurf, it works well. One of the local windies used one for years before he went wfp. I don't know about now though.

We had a local roofing company out replacing our dormer roofs with GRP last year. They used them. I asked where they got them and he got me a new one.

I didn't know what they were called until the roofing guy got me one. The name sticker was long gone on the local windies one and he thought it was called a Gutter Mate.

I patched our dormer roofs for years before getting the job done properly. I shaped a piece of 3" x 3" wooden fencing post and dropped that into the gutters which did a similar thing - keeping the gutter from 'collapsing' under my weight and that of the ladder.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smurf

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2016, 07:33:12 pm »
Sorry Spruce but 24.99 says it all really.
Has this so say ladder safety device been independantly tested for safety and approved for use by HSE?  ::)roll

the king

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2016, 07:45:39 pm »
spruce that looks like a wall standoff and for corners of walls  probly not idel for on roof tiles ,if u look on e.bay microlite standoffs come up cheep i got mine for £20 ide never pay £160 tho as i dont use them that often  :)