This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

martin hulstone

RA/MS
« on: October 31, 2016, 08:59:49 am »
Just filling in a contractor health and safety competence assessment which is a real  b..l  ache!
However on researching each question  i have discovered that you do not have to write out a RA/MS if you employ less than 5 employees, you just need to make mental notes and self risk yourself.
Nor do you have to provide a written RA/MS to property managment companys if they ask (although it is probably easier to do one than risk losing the job).
I think i remember someone saying that you have to do one for every customer,  so as long as you do not employ more than five people, that definetely is not the case. :)

Shrek

Re: RA/MS
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 10:19:17 am »
Awesome 👍

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 11:17:17 am »
Well it does mention that with the link I posted in the other thread.  ;D

However if the poop should hit the fan regardless HSE could still take you to court and fine you if someone does something stupid regards to HS legislation and/or someone gets hurt or dies regardless no matter if you are self-employed, sub-contractor or employ less than 5.

They will still ask to see a RAMS make no mistake.

This is a classic example of what I mean http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-23094646

SeanK

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 11:27:50 am »
Well it does mention that with the link I posted in the other thread.  ;D
However if the poop should hit the fan regardless HSE could still take you to court and fine you if someone does something stupid regards to HS legislation and/or someone gets hurt or dies regardless no matter if you are self-employed, sub-contractor or employ less than 5.

They will still ask to see a RAMS make no mistake.

Why would they ask to see something that's not a legal requirement and therefore making no difference to the verdict ?
infect this would put the HSE at fault for not having it as a legal requirement in the first place.

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 11:41:31 am »
HSE are not the bad guys but there are so many that don't give a toss regards to H&S to themselves and others.
Hence why RAMS is still a legal requirement be it written down or not.

Firms etc that want work conducted at their premises are also liable for prosecution too so to cover their own arse may want to see your RAMS. Regards to homeowners, tenants on domestic work is a bit of a grey area but they too could end up being found liable and fined too by HSE as well just by allowing the work being carried out.

SeanK

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 12:06:23 pm »
So would this be a legal written RAMS.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhv-2clxlJ8

martin hulstone

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 12:15:10 pm »
Smurf, i think you are going too deep. The fact is you do not have to spend an age writing out a RA/MS if you are a sole trader/small employer. you just inspect each job and self risk.
If there was an accident you just need to explain what measures you took to avoid such an accident ie putting out warning cones to try to stop people tripping over your hose etc.

Smurf

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 12:22:26 pm »
I’m sure trains has warning stickers on doors/windows to cover their own arse which he obviously ignored   ;D

SeanK

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 12:30:51 pm »
I’m sure trains has warning stickers on doors/windows to cover their own arse which he obviously ignored   ;D

That's what funny, if it wasn't for the warning sticker he never would have put his head out of the window. lol
suppose its a bit like somebody tripping over a warning cone or tripping over the hose while trying to avoid the cone. lol.

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 12:47:31 pm »
Smurf, i think you are going too deep. The fact is you do not have to spend an age writing out a RA/MS if you are a sole trader/small employer. you just inspect each job and self risk.
If there was an accident you just need to explain what measures you took to avoid such an accident ie putting out warning cones to try to stop people tripping over your hose etc.

Indeed...then they still trip over the bloody things but at least you've covered your own arse  ;D

Funniest incidents that people have posted in the past when they had a wfp hose across a road. One chap fell off his push bike and went mental at the cleaner. The other one was classic as the first thing the cleaner knew something was wrong his wfp pole disappeared and shot down the road. Needless to say he promptly chased after it shouting and screaming as the hose got caught up under a car  ;D ;D

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016, 01:06:08 pm »

That's what funny, if it wasn't for the warning sticker he never would have put his head out of the window. lol
suppose its a bit like somebody tripping over a warning cone or tripping over the hose while trying to avoid the cone. lol.

Its a bit like a big red button with a warning sticker saying "DO NOT PUSH" you know at some point some numpty will push it. ;D

SeanK

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 01:14:16 pm »

Indeed...then they still trip over the bloody things but at least you've covered your own arse  ;D

Funniest incidents that people have posted in the past when they had a wfp hose across a road. One chap fell off his push bike and went mental at the cleaner. The other one was classic as the first thing the cleaner knew something was wrong his wfp pole disappeared and shot down the road. Needless to say he promptly chased after it shouting and screaming as the hose got caught up under a car  ;D ;D

But have you covered your arse or made things worse, it reminds me of the postie being attacked by a dog in the front garden
of a guy who had put a beware of the dog sticker on the gate.
Because he had admitted to knowing the dog was dangerous the judge ruled that he had not taken enough precautions to
protect the public, whilst still liable he would have got a lighter sentence if it had been an unexpected accident.

Smurf

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 01:22:44 pm »
I would say running a hose across a road is not best practice but we all tend to do it at times as the hose is bright yellow after all ;D

As far as warning signs on public paths etc that cleaners put out there is more risk of someone making a successful claim if they don't put them out surely? Not unless they happen to be partially sighted/blind that is then you are screwed  ::)roll

Tosh

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2016, 05:37:34 pm »
Why would they ask to see something that's not a legal requirement and therefore making no difference to the verdict ?
infect this would put the HSE at fault for not having it as a legal requirement in the first place.

Because laws are not the only thing we are governed by and have to adhere too. There are also rules and regulations. Breaking them can also lead to prosecution. Regulations are standards and rules adopted by administrative agencies that govern how laws will be enforced. Quite often regulations have the same force as laws, as without them, regulatory agencies wouldn't be able to enforce laws.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

the king

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 06:15:40 pm »
funny u say that about a pole flying down the road it happend to me lol i had cones out but dident antisapate the peines driving a stupid lowerd car wich cault my hose there must have bin a slite coil in it to catch ;D, but ide risked asseded my self and made a mentle note that now im hot i dont get coils any more ;D ;Dso i should be coverd now  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 07:19:59 pm »
I thought it was you but was not going to mention any names on here ;D ;D

the king

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 10:16:43 pm »
I thought it was you but was not going to mention any names on here ;D ;D
   ;D ;D ;D me and 1 other if i rember lmfao