Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

W.booler

FSG's Does it get easier?
« on: October 06, 2016, 06:12:09 pm »
Hi guys. I find cleaning fsgs wipe me out, im knackered after doing them. Have any of you guys got used to doing them, i.e. By going to the gym or by getting used to them. I use a 25 ft slx, and upgrading isn't an option at the moment. Any helpful advice would be appreciated..

Stoots

Re: FSG's Does it get easier?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 09:05:47 pm »
no they are always going to be awfull, i also use an slx

of course dome are easier than others but kills the neck and usually feel absoloutely knackerd after 2 hours wrestling with a pole at funny angles.

Just price them well enough to not need to do much else that day

W.booler

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 09:40:37 pm »
That's  the conclusion I was arriving at.... thanks.

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 06:17:29 pm »
You could try softwasing method instead and let the chem do all the work for you.
Looks easy don't it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqvABSlIBv4

DaveG

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 09:16:50 pm »
If you use an slx, remove as many sections as you can. I use mine mainly as an 18 footer and it's helped no end with easing shoulder pains
You can't polish a turd

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 01:25:47 pm »
I pass my work on - don't feel a thing.

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 03:19:27 pm »
Offering full exterior property deep cleans if priced well can be a good earner all the same.
No pain, No Gain and all that... Only wimps just stick to cleaning glass. lol

C & S

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 01:58:06 am »
They dont get easier in my opinion.
Price well. Id do one fsg a day as long as its well prices and never clean a window again! Knackering but money in it.

robbo333

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 06:38:36 pm »
They are hard work and I'm built for speed not power!
I use an extreme pole with a xtreme flocked brush and fan jets.
You need to apply a good chemical (I currently use screwfix no nonsense degreaser) I apply it from a backpack (do not pre wet) and apply lots of it. You need to let it dwell 10 mins. Give it a gentle scrub to agitate the dirt and then rinse and agitate. If you're lucky it will come off fairly easily.
Mix it up. For instance, do the front of the guttering, soffits, fascias etc. Then do the front windows with the custys tap. Then finish the windows with pure. This gives you a little break from JUST doing the soffits etc. I get all the front completely done, then the side, then the back. Break it up a bit and give your shoulders a rest.  Also if the custy comes out, you can show them how the front looks completed (this usually goes down very well) and gets you a cuppa and biccies.  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"