Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Rental properties
« on: September 01, 2016, 05:34:43 pm »
Did an empty rental today ready for the tenants to move into tomorrow, I can't believe anyone would rent this or the letting agent would offer it to rent.

Look at the walls :o

all the rooms where like this..... But this was the child bedroom, they asked if I could remove the stain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvzEdt_w1_4
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

sean oregan

Re: Rental properties
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 05:53:45 pm »
It always amazes, how landlords expect people to pay a lot of money to live in a property like that.
Nice stain
Do you have a truck mount?
I am thinking about getting one, but not sure which

tim handley

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 06:20:49 pm »
 very very impressive job on that.....

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 06:35:31 pm »
what is also baffling is that the landlord would be prepared to pay (im assuming your not cheap ) a carpet cleaner to clean that stain but not spend half an hour with some paint to tidy up the wall/skirting

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 06:36:21 pm »
very very impressive job on that.....

It's easy to look impressive when you are cleaning nylon ;) that sort of stain on wool would be a lost cause 

Tony Stewart

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 07:09:52 pm »
Didnt want to comment .but you said it Mike. Turn up the heat on the truckmount and out come the stains.  8)

Sean...........honestly a truckmount will change your life...it did mine. it's so quick, so easy and the results are fantastic. You can easily do 4 decent jobs in a day. I would never attempt that with a portable.....all that filling emptying, waiting for the heat etc etc. On the  third job I would be on my knees and have lost the will to live.........................It would turn me into a low moisture cleaner overnight!
Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there

from edge2edge

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 07:10:42 pm »
Good job.......... Mike..........is that a special bog brush mod you use on your filtration video?

Tony Stewart

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 07:17:13 pm »
Alan I bought one of those from Arco.........its a bog brush with a screw fitting to add a longer handle. It's OK for some jobs. Some draught marks are better with a grout brush but sometimes the grout brush leaves a line of cleaner carpet by the skirting board so the bog brush is better at evening out the cleaning line.

from edge2edge

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 07:40:31 pm »
Tony just looked on Arco site.............which one is it?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 09:28:56 pm »
I've tried the grout brushes they are OK on some carpets but on others  the flicked over when going against the pile.

The bog brush is slightly softer & good for the corners,  you can jab it in then spin it

Tony Stewart

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2016, 10:37:56 pm »
56S3819 Salmon White Plastic Tube Brush

I bought it in blue.............otherwise customers think it's a bog brush!!!

benny d

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2016, 07:45:11 am »
Hi Mike,
What is the wand you are using, and does it come with a glide?
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

John Kelly

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2016, 10:50:31 am »
It would take more than a lick of paint to sort that out. There is a serious dampness/condensation problem. The skirting board has actually decayed. The black mould is a serious health hazard. Its a disgrace that cowboy landlords are still getting away with letting properties in this condition. Any child sleeping in there will probably end up with severe respiratory problems.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2016, 01:47:14 pm »
This particular owner owns one of the biggest estate agents in East Yorkshire, he has properties as a sideline.

I've cleaned his as well as most of his families home, they are very prestiges properties.

We have quite an unusual relationship, he tells me how much he wants to spend and I clean to the figure, he knows what hourly rate I charge and will say ....' Henry go to 18 high st and give it a good hour and a half" meaning he wants to spend £150 or he will say .... "It stinks,  but don't spend more than an hour" meaning getting  rid of the smell is the main aim but do a bit of a clean to make up the hour.

On his own home he will say "book a day and do whatever Val ( his wife) want "

Mike Halliday

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2016, 01:54:18 pm »
Hi Mike,
What is the wand you are using, and does it come with a glide?

I thought it was my Westpac but I've just looked and it a titanium Wand I bought the last time I went to Vegas, it was quite good as it came in 2 parts,  the head and the shaft which made it easier to pack for the plane, it came with a glide

Madison Welch

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 02:48:46 pm »
Should you rent a property or move to different place you might need expert end of tenancy cleaning service.
I could personally recommend https://www.cleanerscleaning.org.uk/end-of-tenancy-cleaning/ they work
promptly and efficiently and their prices are very reasonable. The best choice you could make!

Hilton

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 03:00:27 pm »
The conditions shown in that property are beyond any end of tenancy cleaning.

These slum landlords really need the book thrown at them, we are going back to the bad old days of Rachman and Hoogstraten,

The carpet should not of been cleaned but uplifted and discarded and the obvious building defects sorted out before any child is allowed any where near that bedroom, disgraceful, making profit by exploiting the most vulnerable in society.

Glynn

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 08:13:06 pm »
We have cleaned over 2000 bedroom carpets over the past month worse than that.
Regards
Glynn

Hilton

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016, 08:28:09 pm »
2000 in a month ?

I'm sure you have, but were the properties full of mould like that.?

Glynn

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2016, 08:36:45 pm »
Yes, perfectly sure.
Regards
Glynn