This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Creationcleaning

Staff checks and reviews
« on: September 01, 2016, 11:30:53 am »
Happy Thursday all, just wondering what other cleaning companies do regarding staff performance. I can't be out and about with my team as I had to move due to family reasons so it runs well with me doing the admin and the girls cleaning with a sort of team leader running keys and stock etc. However a few clients have mentioned staff leaving early on occasions and standards slipping. I know I can deal with this when it happens but wondered if any of you had any advice on monitioring and preventing this happening.

I have quite a relaxed company and try and help staff out whenever I can and I feel that one or 2 maybe taking advantage but I don't want everyone to have to suffer.

Thanks,
Melanie

Michelle H

Re: Staff checks and reviews
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 02:39:22 pm »
I had the same problem and put it in a letter to all the team. I clearly stated that nobody is to leave a clients address early unless it is a family emergency or you have contacted me personally for permission.  I also said that clients had raised concerns and this could result in us losing clients and in turn people losing hours.

I know it might sound a bit draconian BUT at the end of the day the client is paying my and their wages and their continued custom is more important than a team member leaving early cause they want to get home to watch TV. I do have a relaxed approach to the team but their is a line which is not to be crossed. My husband does the admin side of the business and keep out of the day to day dealings with the team. So when an issue has to be addressed , He does it so they know it's important and they can't use their friendship to not follow the company rules. 

You take all the responsibility for your team actions and payout on wages, uniforms, insurance, advertising etc and put a lot of work and money into the business to build it up and keep it ticking over that the employees never see.  So you either draw that line for them or they will take advantage. You can replace a team member but it is hard work finding clients.

DaisyFoster

Re: Staff checks and reviews New
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 12:25:06 pm »
Hey Melanie,

Quality control is a tough one, we sometimes do 'surpise' visits on our employees to see the standard of work. We also incentivise employees to get good Google and Facebook reviews.