This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

Customer Conversion
« on: August 18, 2016, 03:11:56 pm »
So was cleaning today in my brand new van with my van mount setup, man walks up to me, window cleaner did our windows today, but we are not 100% satisfied can you give us a price, and bear in mind he does it at a cheap price.

Usually i would just not bother, but i was in a good mood.  Quoted £16 which was a fair price, 4 bedroom detached house.  He said their window cleaner was charging £8 and using ladders and a squeegee.  In the olden days i would try and meet them in the middle, but i stood at my price, and said your clearly not happy and sometimes you need to pay more for quality and a proper job doing.  His wife was so annoyed that the windows had been cleaned that morning, yet sills were still dirty and had cobwebs on, she literally bit my hand off with the price.  They were also very impressed with my van and the system, so im guessing that may have had something to do with it as i do look professional too.

Never before have i quoted double what a windie is already charging and then got the job!

Made up with that :)

DaveG

Re: Customer Conversion
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 03:17:27 pm »
Probably a one off  ;)
You can't polish a turd

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 03:33:03 pm »
Sound to me an ocd pain in the arse customer to me.
I would have said £65 for the first clean just for the fun of it myself  and maybe settled for £35 8 weekly after that. But only after speaking to his wife to see what she was really like as some customers can be a right pain in the arse.  ::)roll

SeanK

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 03:52:18 pm »
Have to agree sounds fishy to me, messers have a habit of blaming the window cleaner when he's had enough and dumped
them. don't go more than one clean without payment for the first year or so, if you have them that long.

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 04:12:59 pm »
You always need to on your gaurd in this game as people tell porkies too.
Still that don't take away that you have picked up a new customer and was chuffed you had...well done ;)

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 05:39:44 pm »
 :)

Perfect Windows

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 07:22:28 pm »
Tuck that under your belt matie, and learn from it!  Well done.  It goes to show how weve said on numerous posts about the overal image of what professionalism means to a customer. Yet meeting that with confidence in yourself and the high quality of work and confidently stating your price........hope gou stick to that from now on bud!

They may drop you they may not,  either way, ride the journey and enjoy the earning potential now unlocked..
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

jo5hm4n

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 08:58:15 pm »
Well they made it clear they had a WFP cleaner at their last house 4 years ago, so they knew that WFP did a good job, they just hadn't got round to finding another window cleaner who did wfp until this trad guy come along and started cleaning their windows i guess.  Yes they could end up being a pain i suppose!  You never quite know with some customers.....

Either way didn't take any effort to get the job, so if i lose it then there we go, its an easy 15-20 mins work to get it done i'd say so i thought the price was fair :D

Soupy

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 12:49:14 pm »

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 07:25:49 pm »
But how you gonna do the job with one hand?   :o
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

the king

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 08:15:03 am »
sounds fishy but can turn out to be a good custmer i had the same thing a few years ago guy was charging £8 but he was doing crxxap job on the squeegee i went in at £15 the guy nealy fell over  ;D i said u get wat u pay after the first clean he was chuffed to buts as i cleaned 2 extra windows over the conny wich have never bin cleaned and got the fraims back to white again as they were green ;D i still do the job for them now and a few more on that road  8)

the king

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 08:19:42 am »
i also never charged extra for the big first clean up as they think there geting a amazing deal puts things on a good note form the start i obviously  explaned that i usly charge more for a filfy clean like this but would not charge in this case as i allredy clean the 2 next door got a cuppa so i was happy custmer was happy win win ;D

Shrek

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 09:17:11 am »

What does this mean? will you be holding his other hand  ???

Soupy

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2016, 09:25:43 am »

She literally bit his hand off.

Shrek

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2016, 01:31:27 pm »

She literally bit his hand off.

Oh ... Haha I get it now, sorry I'm a bit slow